You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Vanishing Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Vanishing Little Girl

 

Contrary to popular belief, a cemetery is the last place in which I would expect a so-called "ghost" to be seen. Even so, there are innumerable accounts of ghostly appearances in cemeteries. Several people have related their stories of the vanishing little girl in Anfield cemetery in Liverpool.

One sunny afternoon whilst on our way to my grandad's grave, me and my nan came face to face with a slightly built little girl of around the age of nine, who stood in front of us smiling, before completely disappearing.

The young girl had walked between the gravestones and had lingered for a few moments by a grave with nothing more than a leaning marble cross to mark its position.

The grave was overgrown, and looked as though nobody had visited it for years. On closer inspection my nan read the inscription on the cross.

"Our Becky, tragically taken from us at the age of nine." We both felt an icy shiver pass though us, and were overwelmed with sadness, when we realised that we had come face to face with Becky the smiling little girl.

I couldn't stop thinking of our experience, and when we finaly got home I was so freaked out about it, I walked into the kichen and was expecting to see her sitting at the table and say "Oh hello again, what's for dinner?." The next day, when the girls came home from Vicki's house thay didn't believe us.

So I decided to put it on this site.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hammy97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Was this your first time seen a ghost? I'm asking because that may been the reaction of many who have experienced something paranormal for the first time. Another thing that makes it "freaky" for the first time experience is that you experienced it with your grandmother and there is no way you can't blame it on your imagination.

Like sotherntk said, the little girl didn't want to be forgotten, especially because of the way she died. My suggestion to you would be that the next time you go to visit your grandfather's grave, bring some flowers for the little girl and leave it at her grave. Also, if I read correctly in your story, the area around her grave was messy. If you can, cleanup it up a little for her. It might help.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
A nice experience hammy97. It is truly paranormal and I am sure what you saw was probably the girl, whose grave you saw. I also pity that such a small, smiling beautiful child passed away at such an early age. Nice narration and thanks for sharing. Post further experiences, if any.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
I totally believe you. I was on a cemetery one night at halloween. It was a couple years ago and I took some of my friends with me to take orb pictures. When I got there everyone jumped out and started walking around. I didn't have my camera out yet because I was the driver and as soon as I began to look around I saw a little girl about 4 years old dressed in white standing there looking at me. I grabbed my camera and got it turned on and went to take a picture and she disappeared. I did get several orbs in the picture in the same spot though. The next day I made my husband go back there and right were she had been standing was a gravestone that belonged to a little 4 year old girl. I wrote the dates down and put my hand on the gravestone. I got a vision of a little girl floating in muddy water. I went home and looked in a book I have that tells about the history of our county and found that the date on the tombstone matched that of the great frozen creek flood. I know in my heart she died in that flood. They said many small children died in it. So I believe she just wanted to be remembered just as your little girl you saw. Just wanted someone to know she is still there and not to forget her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: