You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Crawling Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Crawling Man

 

This is the scariest paranormal event that has happened to me. This still very much effects me to this day. This started when I was 14 years old and last until I was 17 years old.

Without any rhyme or reason, I would often see this man crawling on the floor throughout my childhood home.

The man was always naked but I never saw any private parts. He was so thin, that his skin was like skin on bones with no muscle tone. His skin was so pale, it was blinding white I remember his shoulder blades seemed to protrude on his back as he crawled on the floor. His hair was jet black and appeared either wet or greasy. His hair was short, but long enough to cover his face so I could never see any of his facial features or at least I don't remember seeing any.

I would like to make it very clear that this took place many years before the movies "The Grudge" or "The Ring". So you can understand my extreme horror when I saw those movies. It was like reliving the most frightening moments of my childhood.

I don't remember him ever saying a word to me. He would just crawl slowly on the floor throughout my house, grunting, and it appeared as if he would be drooling.

I have spent many hours researching for answers to what man could be or why I saw him. I have had no luck in my research and I am still left with no answers. If anyone has had any experiences like this please let me know as it would be nice knowing that I am not the only one who has experienced this. Thank you in advance for any comments.

I have many stories of unexplainable and possible paranormal events that have taken place in my life and my childrens' lives more than any one person should ever have to experience. I will share these stories with you as quickly as I can post them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

reneespring (148 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
With all due respect, what does a naked, crawling man have to do with drowning?
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Hello! HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys!

You're very welcome... I'm not having so much good luck on finding out anything about this being. But Ill keep trying. I can see some are helping you understand all of this Specially Rook.
Please keep us updated!

Respectfuly,

Looney ๐Ÿ˜Š
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys,

You say it's obvious that the 'board' made things worse... Why do you say that. From what you have share with us it does not seem you using a board had any effect one way or another. That's just my opinion based on what you have shared, but it truly seems that way to me.

You say your girls are 21, 17 and 11 years old and your boys are 9 and almost 3 years old (Congrats on so many...I've got 3...Son 20, Daughter 16 and Son 13). You go one to say this... "However, there hasnt been very much actvitity lately."

Not sure why there is a lull in activity at the moment... Let me ask this... Is there any 'Family History' concerning any members being psychic or maybe being mediums? The level of activity around you and your family may have something to do with a 'natural trait' that runs on your side of the Family.

As far as the 'crawling man' being a drowning victim... I do not think he 'is/was' ever a 'real person' I feel he may have been (or is) a visual manifestation of your and your daughters fears... Sometimes and 'emotion' can carry so much 'energy' it needs some sort of outlet and this 'crawling man' may be just that... A visual manifestation generated by energy generated from your fear of drowning. Again just an 'educated' guess on my part.

Please keep asking any questions you may have as I have been enjoying our exchange.

Respectfully,

Rook
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Rook,

Thank you for getting back to me and no worries how long it took. I'm just grateful you did.

Some of the paranormal activity for my Children and I have occurred during that age range but the rest occurred either before and still does.

My girls are 21, 17 and 11 years old. My boys are 9 and almost 3 years old. All of the have experienced paranormal activity as well as me. However, there hasnt been very much actvitity lately.

When I saw the crawling man I didn't sense he was a drowning victim but that doesn't mean he couldn't have been. My 17 year old only saw his legs so I am not sure about her.

I know I should of included this before now but I was embarrassed to bring up as I know it wasn't smart to do.

When I was 15 or 16 years old I played with a ouija board several times with a boy from my high school. We would play it at school on our lunch break. I never played with it by myself but I did bring it home at least one time. He played it a few times on his own and one of those times it spelled out my name. Creepy!

The paranormal activity for me occrred years before I played with the ouija board but obviously it made things worse. I have not played with one since and never will again. I won't ever let one near my Children as well.

So, with all that now what do you think? Again sorry I didn't inform you before about the ouija board.

Deb
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys,

Sorry for my delay in replying... Thank you for your feedback.

Is all of this an 'on going' thing or does (is) it just happening to 11/12-19/20 somethings in your Family?

I ask because I'm wondering if most of your experiences do not fall into the Poltergeist category. Poltergeist seem to have two 'main' sources... Either they are Psychokinetic (PK) events 'generated' with the energy from a changing mind and body of an individual going through Puberty. Or they are a result of a Spirit (s) that have been attracted to the energy being 'generated' by an individual going through Puberty... In either case once Puberty ends the 'events' fade and cease to happen all together.

As far as the 'crawling man'...I feel he may be a 'visual manifestation' of your 'shared' fear of drowning... You both have seen him, you both share this fear... Can you remember what was happening at the time of these sightings? Was the Family planning a trip to the pool/beach? Or maybe a movie that involved someone drowning/being killed in the water?

Just a couple of guesses... What do you think?

Respectfully,

Rook
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Hello Rook,

Yes, I have had many occurrences as a Child, where I had almost drowned and I have had many nightmares about me drowning but, it has been a few years since I've had those nightmares.

Yes, my Daughter is also afraid of drowning. She has had at least one incident where she almost drowned.

In my Mom's house I have been touched, grabbed, seen things & other people besides the crawling man. I have heard people having conversations & calling my name in my Mom's voice. I have heard people walking around either when, I am the only one home or my Mom was asleep. These incidentes have occurred with either my Children or myself in every place we have lived.

Let me know if you need anymore information. Thank you again for your help.

๐Ÿ˜
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys,

You were plagued? You stated..."I was plagued for several years of me drowning..."

Do you mean you had nightmares, were simply worried or did something happen to you? I ask because the ages you were as you experienced these manifestations may have been a factor... Activity surrounding teens going through Puberty usually (when it happens) takes the form of Poltergeist Activity... Knocks on walls, objects moving things like that. A poltergeist uses the energy a 'teenager produces' as their body and mind develops during this 'stage' of life.

Perhaps in you case this 'energy' did not 'charge things' causing them to 'move and bang around' but manifested in the form of the crawling man as an externalization of your fear.

If that is the case then the question becomes 'why' did your daughter 'see' the same figure? (Or something close) Does she 'fear' drowning as well?

(I do hope that line of thought makes some kind of sense)

Respectfully,

Rook
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Rook,

Thank you for commenting back.

I would like to research my Mom's house more but I am not sure how. I haven't researched the land my Mom's home is on. Do you know some online sites I can research them?

Thats creepy you think the man I saw could be a drowned victim. Because, I was plagued for several years of me drowning. So much so, that I am afraid of large bodies of water because, I think that is the way I will die is by drowning.

My Mom's house is located in North Highlands, CA. Its near the Capital City Freeway and the I-80 Freeway. The American River is 25-30 miles from my Mom's home. And about 5 miles from Mc Clellan Air Force Base. I hope this information helps.

I am new to this site and would like to message you in private but don't know how. Do you?

Deb
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys,

Still sounds as if someone may have 'drowned'. You mentioned you had no luck researching the Home? That's too bad as My first thought is that this is a former owner of the home who 'passed away' due to drowning.

If its not the spirit of a former owner of the home or property then I'm going to have to do a bit of research and see what I can find.

Respectfully,

Rook
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Rook,

Thank you I really appreciate all your helpful ideas & comments. I am grateful that you want to help me figure out what this man was.

When I saw this man he was always crawling slowly on his hands & knees. He never pulled himself up on anything or ever tried to walk.

My second Daughter only saw him that one time & he was crawling the same as I had seen.

Hopefully this will help. Thank you again!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys,

Before I answer I need to ask you this, was this 'man' crawling on his hands and knees, or more like an 'army crawl' where he was laying mostly 'prone' on the ground and pulling himself with his arms?

I had originally thought that he may have been a drowning victim, which is why I asked about the home being near bodies of water. Thank you for your replies, I hope I can help you figure this out.

Respectfully,

Rook
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Rook,

Correction of spelling, different.

I also want to add a question,

What do you think this man could of been or want? I really would like your opinion.

Thank you for your help.
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Rook,

Thank you for commenting again.

My 17 year old Daughter was standing in the living room at the beginning of the hallway when she saw something moving out of the corner of her eye at the end of the hallway is when she turned quickly to her left and saw two white legs up to thigh crawling into my Mom's room. He crawled from left to right as if he was coming out of my 21 year old Daughter's bedroom.

No, she doesn't have any issues or fears with her legs.

I did have body image concerns during the time I saw this man. I don't know why I was in great shape. Now, after having 6 Children is a whole dirrerent story. ๐Ÿ˜
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys,

A poltergeist is not usually a visual manifestation but a noise making/object moving type of spirit. I feel that this spirit may be using the energy from individuals between the ages of 12/13 all the way up to 19/20 years old... Those going through Puberty.

I wonder why this spirit seems to take the form of this crawling man? Had you been the only individual to see him I would have suggested that it was a manifestation of 'teen-aged' fears... Life 'crawling' slowly by. Body image concerns ect... Come to think of it... You mentioned your daughter only saw a 'leg'...is she a dancer, cheerleader... Something that may cause her to be concerned about her legs? It's just a thought.

Respectfully,

Rook
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Clever,

Thank you for commenting and explaining what that ment.

I should of known that, seeing how my Son's Dad is in the Army not that he was ever a POW though.

For me every day is like your Fridays lol. ๐Ÿ˜
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
LOL oops... Clever80 is a name I use somewhere else. You can really tell this is a Friday! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
happymom, POW means prisoner of war.

~clever80

5050505050
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Cliney,

I forgot to ask... Dont laugh but what does POW mean?
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Cliney,

Thank you for your comment.

No, I was not scared of crawling people before I saw the man crawling in my Mom's house. But, I am now!

I agree with you, it was like he wanted to scare the heck out of me. Why else would I have seen him so many times and for years. He never said, a word to me that I can remember but I am still remembering past experiences. I don't feel he was there to communicate with me or seek any kind of help from me, just there to scare me for whatever reason.

I do hope you enjoy our other stories when I get a chance to submit them.
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Khid,

Thank you for commenting.

Yes, I would agree that I am a blessed to be a Mom of so many Children. Children are gifts from God or so I believe. We are a happy family, loud and love to have a good time making each other laugh. As, a single Mom it does get stressful but I wouldn't change it. I love being a Mom and I can't even put into words how much I love my Children. They keep me going... Sometimes going crazy though lol. But, I couldn't imagine my life without them. I do also hope you are blessef with many children.

I don't live in my Mom's home and haven't for many many years. However, my Mom and oldest Daughter (21 years old) do still live in that house. They would like to move but, not because, of the experiences they have had.
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Rook,

Thank you for commenting about my story. I am honored! I have read many of your comments and you have always had good insight and helpful answers.

No one has been between those ages. My experience with the crawling man was from 14 to 17 years old. My second Daughter is 17 and a half now but when she saw some of the crawling man she was 16 and a half.

I agree that just because, people are scared when they see things like this, it doesn't mean its evil. People are normally scared of the unknown as I am sure you already know.

We didn't keep a journal or diary of most of the things we have experienced. But I did start writing down new experiences recently, as well as the past experiences with the intent on submiting some of our stories on this site.

No, my Mom's house is not near any bodies of water. Her home is located in North Highlands, CA which is near Sacramento, CA.

So, if more then one person has seen someting like this it is not a poltergeist...why? My youngest Son who is almost 3 years old, as seen many times a boy in our hallway where we currently live. I think the boy he sees in our hallway is my first Son that passed away 12 years ago. Thats another story I plan to submit on this site.
khid (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
first of all, you're very lucky mother to have 3 boys and 3 girls. God bless you. I'd love to have many children too someday.:) Ok back to the topic, I must agree with javelina. That's surely a 9.0 on the creepy-o meter. My suggestion... Please move out immediately.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys,

You have mentioned that more than one member of your family has seen this crawling man (or part of him) in your Mothers home... Has everyone who has 'seen' this apparition been between the ages of 12/13 - 19/20 years old? I do not mean all the experiences, just the sightings.

When it comes to haunting's we must keep in mind that 'scared' does not mean 'evil'. Nothing you have shared with us sounds 'evil'.

I want to ask this, has anyone ever kept a journal concerning these experiences... Or just a journal/diary in general... That contains details of any experiences that they have experienced? The details they wrote down may help determine just 'what' may be happening.

My first thought, based on the age you said you were, was this may have been some sort of poltergeist... But if your not the only individual to see this 'apparition' then it can not be a poltergeist, but perhaps it is some sort of 'spirit' that uses the energy from those going through Puberty to help it manifest.

Another question comes to mind... Is the home near the ocean, a lake or a river... Any kind of body of water?

Respectfully,

Rook
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Hello looney85,

Thank you for your comment.
I
I have tired to find out anything about this crawling man. I started reading stories on here hoping that I might find some answers.

I do appreciate how wonderful you and the other readers have been so great in helping me try to figure out what the crawling man is. Thank you so much!
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
hello happymom I was just wondering have you always been scared of crawling people or is it only since the crawling visitor. It's just I'm hearing what Jesus_soldier is saying... Maybe a non human entity trying to get your attention to freak you out... Either that or your description makes me think of a POW... I'm thinking weak/confused/emaciated.

Whatever it is it sounds bloody scary...I'm intrigued to hear your other stories. ๐Ÿ˜Š
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Wow! Your story scared me half to death... The thought of anything looking the way you described this being just send chills up my spine. You are very brave for being able to stand such hauntings.

Thanks for sharing your story, and I would see if I can find anything about this being.

Keep us updated!

Looney ๐Ÿ˜Š
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
geetha50,

Thank you for commenting.

Thats exactly what I am thinking. If it is residual, why wouldn't it be the same time, day and place every time?

I have heard and seen things as far back as I can remember in that house that have scared me but the crawling man was the most frightening. So, I am not sure about me seeing it when I hit puberty. I got pregnant the first time at 17 an a half but I saw and heard other things as well as being touched. I still do to this day and I am 40 now.

My second Daughter has seen it once, so I don't think it is just attached to me. But, something is else seems to be attached to my Children and I.
HappyMomOf3Girls3Boys (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
SDS,

Thank you for replying.

I would see the crawling man at different times of the day and on different days, but mostly at night from what I can remember. If it was residual, wouldn't I have seen it the same time and day in the same place everytime? Although, part of my is starting to think that maybe it id residual because, hr never spoke to me or touched me.

I do agree with you that whatever it was is still in my Mom's house, as well as other things. My Mom is a very strong woman and doesn't scare easily. She doesn't think that whatever is in her house is evil. She thinks it is dead family members and there's no reason to cleans her house.

My 21 year old, does feel that whatever is in their house is evil. Her and my Mom have heard things and their stuff comes up missing and are found in odd places. My 21 year old has seen things but as far as my Mom has admitted she has not seen anything.

My second Daughter was very scared when she saw the crawling man at my Mom's house. When she told us what she saw, my other Children were also scared but sadly the have become use to it. Almost every place we have lived we have either seen or heard things. I am the only who has been touched.

I apologize for the length or my reply. Thank you for your great insight into my very scary experience.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
I agree with the others that it definitely creepy. I probably screaming like a baby and wetting my pants.

My personal opinion, I don't think that it's a residual haunting because of the comments you made in your last post.

But in your earlier post you asked if it was a residual haunting, why did you see it only between ages 14 and 17? I have two thoughts about that:

(1) You might have hit puberty at the younger age and you are more open to the paranormal and you were able to see the residual haunting. (Since I doubt that it's a residual haunting, I think when you hit puberty and when you became more away of the paranormal world, this thing attached itself to you because nobody else saw it.

(3) IF this was a residual haunting, the time period you mentioned might have been the time he suffered before he died. You have to realize that the concept of time is totally different for the paranormal world and there is a change that we may never under how, when, or why they do what they do.

Reading another recent story also made me realize something. This thing might have been a soldier who died in combat and is reenacting what happened to him.

I know that people already suggested looking at the history of the house. Why don't you look at the history of the land also, see if there were any battles done there. This is just my suggestions and ideas and hopefully, it will help.

As others, I would love to hear more of your stories and that of your family.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Thanks for reply Happymom. I still feel that it is a residual haunting because you have seen it in the night and probably you don't remember the exact time. You said that your second daughter saw the crawling back in 2011 and that means that it still persists. I feel that it means no harm and residual. But, if your mother is scared or feeling creepy, well, you can try Rook's method of cleansing your mother's house. How about your children feeling about this crawling as your second daughter also seen this crawling man. Are they scared. I know that this is no funny matter but you said that they used to tease you by crawling. But after your second daughter had seen this entity, what was her reaction?

If necessary, try Rook's cleansing method.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: