You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: You're Scaring Me - Shut The Door

Real Ghost Stories

You're Scaring Me - Shut The Door

 

I was working a long day at my factory job; it was around 1 AM when I got home and 2 AM before I got into bed.

The shape of my dad's apartment is the top story of a large building, and there were two windows open: my bedroom and the family room, each on opposite sides of the apartment. My door is shut, clicked, shut. As I am waiting to fall asleep, the door swings open. I find it a little odd, but I blame it on wind. I am kind of annoyed because the hall light is on; however, I ease into laziness and just attempt to roll over to block the light.

As I roll over, the door slams shut. I look at the door, perturbed. Twenty seconds of thinking about it and I blame it too, again on the wind. I try and to forget about it, but the next actions I experienced have changed my beliefs.

The door opens most of the way, slams shut, opens again, and slams shut, and opens one more time. I am petrified and say, "Please stop. You're scaring me. Shut the door!" The moment I say door, the door slams shut, and does not open again. From the middle of the house I could hear mumbling of someone, at least 50 years old and obviously in charge of the house, very confident voice, although I could not understand what he was saying.

The next day I heard a glass move against the granite countertop in a way where you are sure of what the sound is - something totally recognizable.

Has anybody experienced something like this? I doubted the possibility of the supernatural before this terrifying experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lettersforjacob, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
That happenned to me too! But it was knocking on the door! I said: go away I'm going to ignore you. The second I said that the door slammed open! 😲

All the best ❤
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Or perhaps its just a grumpy old man ghost that doesn't like the fashions kids these days are wearing, and thinks you play your music too loud. In that case, he's probably not looking for your help, but to be nice, you can leave out some hard candies. 😆 Kidding, but kind of not.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
It's obviously looking to get your attention. It's probably frustrated with not being heard or seen and is looking to make itself known. You can try just talking to it (alone if you're afraid of looking weird) just so it knows you're listening or trying to listen. Maybe that will calm it down so its not slamming stuff around. Then maybe it will be able to leave a message somehow. Perhaps leave some paper and pencil out? Or some alphabet letters? If you try these things and it still slams stuff around and grumbles, then it may be a poltergeist as Pjod suggested, in that case its not worth your time and you should probably try to get rid of it.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
I was going to suggest Poltergeist activity- except the mumbling you may have heard? It is still possible, I suppose... I enjoyed reading your experience.
dionne (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
I get that all the time all you need to do is when anything out of the ordinary happens or scares you, just say out loud or in you head "please can you stop your scaring me, I know you re her". They just want reassurance your not ignoring them.
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
That kind of stuff happens at my house, and the mumbling too. I think that you have a spirit that wants you to know it is there. Now that you do know, it may quit slamming the door and other things. If it keeps happening get advise on cleansing the apartment of spirits. I have so many at my house that I just ignore it. I have at least 4 different spirits that I know of.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: