You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Royalty?

Real Ghost Stories

Royalty?

 

One of the only possibly paranormal things that have happened to me took place in the Palace of Versialle.

Last summer I went on a trip through Europe with two of my best friends. And one of the places we decided we had to see was the Palace at Versialle. It's absolutely gorgeous and massive. There is a particular room in the palace that is lined on all walls by huge paintings of different battles and wars called the Museum of the History of France. If you go through the palace with an audio tour it takes a long time to hear about every painting in the room, which means that the next room only gets a trickle of people at a time.

Me and my two friends and three other people were in the room after the MotHoF, listening to our audio guides. The three of us were sitting on a pretty little bench near the doors you enter the room through. The doors are about eight and a half feet tall, with heavy glass windows in them and made of solid wood. They are also thin because each door way has two french doors instead of one large door.

As we sat there all of a sudden this huge, heavy door swung shut with such force that it bounced off the door frame. I feel I should mention that Versialle has no air conditioning because it's a few hundred years old, so it was not blow shut by an AC vent. There are also no windows in the MotHoF, and no window close enough to have an effect on the door in the second room. As soon as it moved I got up to see if some unsupervised kid had pushed it, but there weren't any in the MotHoF, and there was no other person close enough to it to have accidentally nudged it. I personally opened and shut the door to feel how heavy it was. That door wasn't going anywhere with out some force behind it.

While this is really only a door moving, and small potatoes compared to so many other people's experiences, I love it. Some times I feel like the only female in my family who doesn't get to experience the paranormal first hand. But that time I did and it just happened to be in one of the most history steeped and royal places in the world!

Other hauntings by JaymeAnne

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaymeAnne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-20)
JaymeAnne - I sincerely apologise for spelling your name incorrectly 😊

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-20)
Jaymeanee and others who might decide to read: Marie Antoinette was a young, aristocratic, spoilt girl who had very little idea of how the citizens suffered. She was raised that way. Should she have taken more of an interest in how the masses suffered? Yes but she was young and led by people she trusted. She was failed by her young husband and his advisers. An angel she was definitely not but neither was she evil.

I don't believe that she deserved to be beheaded. Banished yes.

I don't doubt that she has on numerous occasions been seen at Versailles. Perhaps residual?

Contrary to popular belief, she was not the one who said "let them eat cake". Google it.

Regards, Melda
AuraTopp (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-20)
There have been many paranormal things reported at Verseilles. One incident happened to two women during a visit there in 1911. Known as The Moberly - Jourdain incident (also the Ghosts of Petit Trianon or Versailles. Both women claimed to have got lost in the garden (and it's huge as I have been there). They claimed to have seen a women sketching on the grass opposite the Petite Trianion who's description later fitted that of Marie Antoinette.

They wrote about their experiences later and called it an adventure.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
JaymeAnne, you are so lucky to have been inside Versaille Palace, and to have had an unexplained experience. The last time I was there, it was closed to the public for repairs. (Back in '64) We only got to peep inside, when one of the workmen left a door open - it was so disappointing! The previous times I was there, I was too young to appreciate it.

I agree with shellzy, not all ghost have to rattle chains to startle us.

Thank you for sharing.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Jaymeanne

I enjoyed this story and it proves that not all paranormal experiences have to be 'chain rattling ghosts' 😆. I think sometimes these expereinces are just a scary. The little things are often what makes us appreciate the paranormal just that little bit more...

Thanks for sharing 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
JaymeAnne, I think it is a paranormal experience. With no windows in the MotHof or AC vent, then some stray entity or spirit must have slammed it to make you feel its presence because there was no way in which a wind might have closed the door. What was the reaction of your friends. Did you make any enquiry to your guide about such an event and whether there was any incident that happened in the same manner. If so, please post it. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: