You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Fighting the Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Fighting the Spirits

 

It's me again and as you know, I have posted quite a few stories on here and I'm quite new. But this story is based on what happened to me one night when I visited Nigeria my home-town. See, in my country we believe in evil spirits and people using evil things to get at people and this thing is very popular in our family in our country and since the day that I was born, there has been ongoing hatred and evil presences and wicked beings on my dad's side of the family where most of the trouble is.

One time at the age of 8 I went to nigeria with my dad and we had been sharing a room (and bed) at the time in his mother's house (where some of the others live) and this is what happened. It was night time and I slept on the window side and I was fast asleep and suddenly, although I could see nothing in my sleep and I knew I wasn't dreaming, it was like I was awake in the spirit realm. I started fighting with some unseen force or presence! I knew it was someone from the family that had sent it to us that night to harm us, because they are jealous of my father's success and I thank God until this day that he gave me the power to fight whatever it was!

I don't know what it was but it was definitely an evil spirit and I knew it was coming to harm us and although my eyes were closed and I was barely conscious in my (conscious mind) that I know of anyway, I was able to do what I did. As I was fighting with this thing, little did I know that I was actually fighting it in the real world because I opened my eyes and found my self fighting with the air and stopped when my dad woke up beside me and asked if I was ok and I replied yes, that my leg was a little itchy and believing me he went to sleep.

I could hardly sleep the rest of the night watching out for anything ready to harm us. I mostly fight these things in my sleep fiercely and I know I'm fighting them in real life because I can feel everything but these things only happen in my dreams now. I think these things have done it on purpose and only happens in dreams so that if they were fighting me and I needed help, I couldn't get it because no one can see it.

But thank God for my Mother and Father who KNOW these things are true because they've been to see religious people all over the world who have told them these things and they can see it, and at one point one of the culprits was even that close to admitting his part in the war. Till this day the family still has this battle in the spiritual realm and I will continue to play my part until the evil is destroyed. I know this sounds a little unreal because most people don't believe me but I'm just saying now that you don't have to believe because I know what I am saying is true.

Thanks for your time xx

Other hauntings by xLadyTastyx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xLadyTastyx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
No problem, I kind of figured you may have. I don't take things to heart and I know that sometimes when you have real experiences or have beliefs different than others it can be hard to express what you want in words. You take care. Stay blessed also.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
Dear Shane,

Sorry about my reply I just re-read your comment and fully understood what you'd just said :P Excuse my ignorance I may have misread or misunderstood what you had written there . Once again thank you for offering your opinion on my story. Stay Blessed Shane x
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
Well you may not understand what I mean when I say that man is responsible for demonic things that happen in my family and such or attacks and the like, but if you were to have spent some time in my country you may understand. Its something that a lot of people find hard to believe except those who are fairly experienced in that criteria in the sense that they have experienced something like it or have researched deeply into that particular part of demons and demonic forces especially those that occur in my country. Thank you for you opinion and taking the time to look into this story and give your opinion on it. Stay blessed xx
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Not sure what to make of this story Tosin. I know it is easy to believe what others of different faiths tell you, but only you and your family know for sure what really happens. Evil in my opinion is a man made thing, no other creature on earth is capable of it. Look at what happens when one belief system doesn't agree with another, wars or fights, death and destruction. Sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent there. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: