You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hearing Knocking And A Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Hearing Knocking And A Voice

 

This story happened a few years after my first story. It was around Christmas time. My mom, sister (who was pregnant at the time) and I where sitting in the living room watching TV. I think everyone else in my family was working including my sister's boyfriend who was now living with us. As we were watching TV I heard knocking, since I was only around 8yrs old I was not allowed to open the door. (Especially since my mom had an encounter with a knives salesman trying to work his way into our house) As I sat there the knocking kept on finally I spoke out and said "Isn't any one going to answer the door?" Both my mom and my sister looked at me like I was crazy. My mom quickly asked, "Why?" I was annoyed with the knocking that was growing louder and said, "Someone's knocking at the door, don't you hear them?" My mom looked at me confused and said, "No one's knocking." She got up and opened the door and showed me that no one was there. I was in disbelief and just said "But I heard someone knocking." My mom sat back down and said, "Well if you hear it again just tell them to come in."

Well as you've probably guessed it that's exactly what happened next. I told whoever was knocking to come in. That's when everything took a turn for the worse. I had this extreme headache and then I heard 'him'. It was a man's voice laughing. Then he started telling me "The baby's going to die." I couldn't stand it; I started to cry and screamed "STOP IT!" My mom and sister looked at me and asked what was happening. The voice was laughing and saying, "Tell them, tell them the baby's going to die." I started crying harder, and I told my mom what I heard the voice saying. I mom hugged me and said "No everything's going to be just fine."

I don't even remember what happened next, the only thing I can remember after that it is telling the voice that he was lying but he insisted. My sister couldn't take it and I remember that she left the house very upset. I'm not sure how long it was after that, it must have been a month or so after that incident that my sister ended up having a miscarriage. She had quite a few although she's given birth to 5 beautiful children; she lost about 4 in between her first 3 children.

My mom has told me many times that she is sorry that she told me to let whatever it was in. As I mentioned in my 'about me' I was hospitalized many times between the ages of 13-16 due to this voice driving me crazy. There was even a time when I blacked out and the next day I woke up in the mental hospital. The only thing I was told is that my mom and I had gotten into a fight, I had her pinned down on the floor and I was trying to choke her to death. My dad was trying to pull me off of her but couldn't get me off. When he continued to try I took one hand off my mom and shoved my dad off me and into a wall. Eventually the police were called and since I was a minor they gave my parents a choice. Send me to juvenile or send me to a mental hospital. There at the hospital they diagnosed me with schizophrenia.

The voice never let up until my mom sent a priest to see me in the hospital. He asked no questions he just prayed over me. I remember I felt very angry and I didn't want to pray. I wanted to just leave the room. After a few minutes I started to shake like I was cold and then I wanted to cry for no reason. I don't remember what happen between that and going to my room but after that I don't have any problems with the voice and doctors now have told me that I am not schizophrenic. There are certain behaviors that schizophrenics have and I have none of them. Also for schizophrenics the voices don't stop and I have currently been off my medication for over 8 years now. Both my mom and I believe that it was a demon that I let in.

Other hauntings by semisweet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, semisweet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

semisweet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Yes I have learned a lot from this and I do know now never to let anything in, Thank you for your comments
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Wow you would never think that two little words would bring about so much pain and trouble. I also think that it was some kind of evil entity that attached itself to you. I'm sorry you and your family had to experience that. Thank goodness you are better and have no signs of schizophrenia. I don't blame you for being worried about your son, just make sure he never says those two little words. I hope things continue to go well for you and your family. Take care 😊 ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
I'm surprised that you invited the demon (evil spirit) in because I was told that many spirits couldn't come into a household without being invited in (especially the evil ones). I'm not blaming you because at that age I probably would have done the same thing and I don't blame your mom either because she didn't know any better.

The lesson in this: never open or let anyone in that you don't know (living or the dead)!

Your story reminded me of why I really HATE doctors and hospitals. How is it possible to diagnose a person as having schizophrenic and then say they don't it anymore. That's just crazy. I think in the doctor's point of you, they didn't know what was going on and they just decided to put a label on you. I hope you sued them or something because do you know what kind of damage it does to a person to be labeled like that?

Anyways, I'm happy that you are better now. As for your son. At one, it must have be really hard for him to describe what he is seeing. The suggestion has already been made and I will say it again. I suggest Rook's cleansing method. I have personally tried it and know it works (I wouldn't suggest it, if it didn't work). The good thing about Rook's cleanse is that you can modify it according to your religious believes. Also, this cleansing will clear out all the bad entities. The good ones will stay behind and for those ones, you can simply put down some ground rules.

A small suggestion: I think your sister would benefit from doing this cleanse as she was also effected by what this dark entity said / did.
semisweet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
I will try cleansing my home and also getting some footage or evps although right now I only have my phone to work with
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
That is a truly unsettling story. When I think about the fact of how it Knocked and knocked until it was allowed in and how it played you against your family and you against yourslef... To gain its power, gives me the Shudders right down my back.
Glad all has calmed down over the years and am terribly sorry you had to endure such a terrible thing,
Suggestion- try set up some evp/ footage equipment in your sons active zones and see if you can get anything from that.
Keep us posted!
All the best!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Semisweet, I feel that it was a demon or a bad, negative and malevolent entity, which you encountered. I also feel that you were possessed by it at that point of time when you caught hold of your mother and shoved your dad to the wall. Thankfully you are out of it after the priest prayed for you. Well, as far as your son is concerned, if you think that something negative revolves around him, why don't you use Rook's method of cleansing the house. I feel sorry for you and your sister and I could imagine how your mom and sister would have felt when you told that the spirit was laughing and saying that the child would die. Really sad and scary experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
semisweet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
Thank you for your comment. I myself haven't had any more problems but I do worry for my son. He's 1 and laughs, plays and gets scared of things that are not there. My family thinks he's playing with my Dad who passed 2yrs ago but I not sure about what's scaring him.
Cloudaotic (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Yes, I also believe it was a demon or another type of dark entity. Thanks for posting the story, it was very capturing. Sorry to your sister's loss of children. This demon might be attached to your family, since he concerns himself by torturing you mentally and hurting your sibling by announcing her child to die. I suggest you take it up with an excorcist or other expert. Good luck and fill us in with any extra details found out!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: