You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Sign for my Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

The Sign for my Grandma

 

Hi, I live in Belgium and I'm 18 years old. It's been almost 2 years that my grandma has passed away. She struggled for her life so in a way I felt relieved that she had found peace, but I started feeling guilty because of it. She doesn't have a grave (she's been cremated) so I couldn't go see her and that just made my feeling worse.

I felt like I was "betraying" her. Every night before I go to sleep I speak to her, hoping that she can hear me, when one night something weird happened in my dreams. Suddenly I was sitting in her house on my seat and she was sitting in front of me. She smiled and said that she could hear me and that she was doing fine. She even called me "princess" (something she used to say to me) and said that my feelings were not wrong. She told me she would stand by me every step of my life. After that she disappeared.

I woke up and I screamed. Before that dream, I felt alone even when I was with my friends, something of me was gone forever. My mom says that it was really her because I was always her most precious grandchild. I don't know if it was real but I hope it was because I miss her so much! I loved her more then anyone and I still feel alone sometimes. I cry when nobody is watching ...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Little angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

freakygirl1411 (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
my dad always says that when someone you loved dies,it's normal for you to see them... Anyway it is a lovely dream but if it would happen to me I think I would be scared for a couple of minutes 😳 ❤
ginahunt3 (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Hi! I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. I am a 35 y.o. Woman and my grandmother died 2 years ago. She was not just a Grandmother, she was also a mother and a best friend to me and I was special to her because I was her first grandchild and the only girl. I am empty inside and I still cry every night. So you are not alone. I have found items in my house since her funeral that I can't explain and that are charachteristic of her, and I truly believe they are signs from her to let me know she is still with me.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
yeah I heard people go through these kind of things she contact you through your dream then. Yeah your relatives to watch you every minute of the day to see what you get up2 when you go to heaven they be having words with you the bad things you did. Its a bit scary really if you think about it. 😊
paggark (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
Hi, little angel I just thought I let you know that you shouldn't be afraid of what you dreamt. Your grandmother knows what you were feeling and told you not to worry about her and live your life instead of blaming yourself for something you didn't do. I know she's watching over you and protecting you from harm, but I assure you this that she will comeback into your life again, that's what happened to me 😊 with my little sister. I hope you understand what I'm talking about because I'm not really good in making sentences
^-^' hope you fell better soon 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
The pain of losing a loved one is sometimes very hard to over come. Your grandmother was communicating with you through your dreams, as when we are asleep our mental defenses are down and they are better able to speak with us that way. Know that you are not alone that she is with you each and every day.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Tygerwolfe (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
I don't quite understand why a wonderful dream like that would make you wake up and scream... But it's a lovely dream.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: