You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Prank Gone Too Far

Real Ghost Stories

Prank Gone Too Far

 

Girls. Sleepovers. They were meant for each other. Especially when it's just you and a friend that act as if you were sisters. Spending the night at my friend Angela's House (we act as if we were sisters) we pull pranks on her mom, and her dad gets us back.

Being suckers for scary movies, we decided to watch The Grudge 2 at nearly 1 in the morning. Angela makes me sit by the window, just in case something tries to come in, they get me first (aren't I lucky). It was coming for the part where someone was going to die when

"Ahhhhhhh"

Her dad jumped out of the closet and scared us. I've never screamed so loud in my life. He laughed and joked at us while we were trying to make it look as if we knew he was there the whole time.

"Yea sure dad... uh-huh. We never knew you were there" we kept on telling those lies until he laughed his way out of the room. Eventually we started up the movie again and watched it through.

"How bout we watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?" Angela asked.

"Sure why not," I said.

Watching that scared us out of our skins. I thought we'd never get to sleep.

Later that night, we were sleeping, me next to the window (of course) when we were awoke my the sound of a chainsaw. We were so scared we nearly wet ourselves.

Laughing once more, was her father who we were ticked at. He laughed until he cried, then left the room. "Oh you shouldn't have done that," her mom said in the hallway between Angela's room and the bathroom.

"Well I did," he said firing up the chainsaw once more.

"The neighbors are going to have a fit if you keep those screaming," her mom said.

"Ok then. It'll give them a show too," he said.

Then her mom came in and told us she was sorry for what Angela's dad did to us. We told her it was fine, but we said nothing about getting him back.

We made a plan, to put The Ring on in their room and then we would hide under their bed so they would freak out. It sounded good, until we couldn't find the movie. We searched everywhere for it (in her room) and she remembered it was in the living room.

The living room is down the hall from her parent's room and they always kept the door open. Somehow, we had to get past them without them seeing or hearing us. Slowly, we snuck into the living room, she got the movie and I hid under the bed (the bed is against the wall with the T.V. in front and windows on both sides). She put the movie in to where she was coming out of the well (it was paused), and grabbed the other remotes.

She snuck under the bed and pushed play, but we heard nothing. She thought she hadn't pushed the button hard enough, so she tried again. Still nothing. She tried once more, but then the T.V. turned off. I thought one of us had hit the power button so she turned the T.V. back on, but it turned off again. We were freaked out.

"Do they have another remote?" I asked.

"No I've got them all," she said and she did.

She just gasped and hit my arm. I looked to where she was looking, and there was someone looking, no glaring in on us.

"Angela... we're on the 2nd floor", I said. She said nothing. How could someone be there, looking in on us. We stayed quiet. We watched the person as they watched us.

Terrified, we did nothing. We jumped as the T.V. turned on full blast to where we wanted it to start. Her parents jumped out of bed and tried to turn it off, but somehow couldn't. Finally Angela's dad unplugged the T.V. and looked for the remotes. I'm not sure how, but he saw us under the bad and told us to come out. When we did we told him about the prank and about someone looking into the room. He said that there was no way someone could get onto the 2nd story and look in at us. He said it was so dark in there, they wouldn't even be able to see us.

So, tell me, was it fake, or was it real?

Other hauntings by Kahla

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kahla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Oh yeah, and "TheSkeptic" it "sounds" like you continue to perpetuate the same exact dismissal on ALL the stories you chance upon.

How can a neighbor be on a two story window just to get the "last laugh"? Again, did you read the story? Or are you more inclined to your sardonic sense of humor?
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
A good dose of skepticism is great!

However, the majority of those combating the credibility of this tale didn't seem to actually read it.

The remote control not working, and turning the t.v off repeatedly isn't exactly a trick of an "extra remote" somewhere. But even if it is...

How can something be a hallucination when your friend merely tapped you on the shoulder to motion what she was seeing.

She didn't make the description, she didn't tell you to see "that crazy face glaring at us" -- or at least, that's what the story is implying.

If this story is true, at all, I'd like to say "wow" you guys must've attracted the entity via the aura you were creating. But then again, who knows?

The reason why I'm so inclined to focus on that particular detail, is because the experience of a friend witnessing something and pointing it you (without describing it) for you to see with your own eyes has happened to me.

I don't know anything about these entities, or if they're even entities at all (if not something science has yet to explain away.)

But as far as I'm concerned, a hallucinating isn't something that several people can simultaneously witness -- especially without the suggestion of the image. (As far as I'm concerned, at least.)

Thanks for sharing!
TheSkeptic (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
sounds like an angry neighbor having the last laugh lol. Learned your lessons I hope
themexican (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-21)
you gotte be kidding me that's so fake! 😜 😜 😜 syke its probly real man. Hope you find out
nunya0712 (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
i think it was real because I have experienced something similar to this and when I looked up the history of the house I found I picture of the person I saw who had died in the house and could not afford to be taken away then she disappeared later. So I definitely think yours was real. 😨
kate713 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
I think it might have been fake, but you know that part in the grudge where she is on the bus and she sees the grudges face in the window was it like that or an actual face...
And you should look up the history on the house...
Ssunstorm (5 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
I have to agree with everyone else who think it might have been a trick of the moment. I've worked myself into anxiety and seeing things from watching scary movies. I've been so sure of seeing something but go back later and see it was a shadow from something normal or a reflection off of something outside. Believe me I swear it looked like a face looking at me!

I've had similar experiences with my aunt and uncle who both loved to scare me and my sisters silly. Especially me because I was so into the paranormal as a child - heck still am! But there was always an explanation for what I thought I saw and usually it was all a set up by my aunt and uncle. They used lasers to convince me there were creatures with red eyes darting around the woods of their house at night, as well as getting friends and neighbors to make banging while we were all together in the house. Since they were there, how could it be them, right? πŸ€” I was very sensitive to noises and they would get me every time. Though my favorite prank had to be when one of their neighbors came down the road with an antique lantern. We used to gather a lot at their place in the summer for cook outs and camping. My family would set up tents or a camper and at night we would all sit around the campfire. This was their favorite time to try and scare the pants off me cause I had a horrible fear of the dark and I hated the idea that if someone or something was in the woods, they could see me perfectly by the camp fire, but I couldn't see them. So I had a very active imagination. On this particular night of course people are telling ghost stories. So I start to see this light bobbing through the trees. Playing along apparently, my parents and aunt and uncle said they couldn't see it. But my sister was as scared as me by it. The neighbor was wearing black so it was impossible to see him at night in the woods. It was pitch black.

I won't knock your story and say it wasn't real. But having been there... It's very easy to get spooked. 😊 ❀
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
i think it was real I think you should look up the history of ther house and see if anyone had died in the house. Also it could of been the nighboors trying to get you guys back for screming if you need any more info just ask me
~~amy~~
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
eeeeeehehehehe - sounds fun. Scary, but totally got your imaginations fired right up. I think you girls may have seen something, but I think most of it was to do with your imagination. The fact that you BOTH saw it is kind of strange, though.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
i think you both got carried away with scaring yourselves and each other . When 'Dad' joined in, it added to the thrill. I have no doubt you think you saw something and in your minds you probably did, but, I may chalk it up to imaginations gone wild.

i NEVER watch movies about possesions and/or demonic forces. My imagination is far to vivid and I would have the same thing happen to me that you did.(Blood, guts and gore don't so much as far as movies for me wither)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
I think it was imaginations gone wild. You all watched a couple of scary movies and got yourselves all worked up and try to play a prank on someone else. Maybe her dad knew you were there the whole time and had a universal remote.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Wow! Your mad to watch those films at night! I wouldn't even watch them in the day! All I can say is I hope its your imagination good luck! Love, the melon lover
ghostligirl15994 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
This is why I am the only sane one in my family-I don't watch scary movies at night. πŸ˜‰ Maybe the glare of the TV was in your eyes, but then again, maybe not... πŸ˜‰
HELENA2006 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
Wow that was a really good story! Hope to hear from you soon. 😁 I do the same thing with my dad, we always pull pranks on eachother. Since my house is haunted too, ths kind of thing happens to me all the time. I would do some research or something on your house.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
I thought it was a very entertaining reading, Kahla. Very funny too. The look on your faces must have been priceless for you friend's father 😨 Hehe. As for the weird apparition, I gotta say, I'm rather skeptical of things happening like that after people have worked themselves up with pranks and scary movies and sleep over stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: