You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Recently Deceased Black Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Recently Deceased Black Cat

 

One day on a lazy summer afternoon I decided to phone my friend up and ask if she wanted to have a sleepover. She said, "Sure, anything to cheer me up." I asked her what was wrong and she said that her cat had died last night at the old age of seventeen. I told her it sounded sad and I went over to her house.

A few minutes later, I sat down on the couch. Then, I thought I saw something black out of my periphery. I glanced over and what was sitting calmly right before my eyes was a black cat with white feet and dull green eyes.

My stomach dropped. I turned back to my friend and asked her what her cat looked like. She said it was "Mostly black, except for on his feet, had long whiskers, and greenish eyes".

I looked back at the cat but it was gone.

Later that night I swear I could have felt fur brush my hand. There were no other pets in the house so I sort of freaked out and tried really hard to go to sleep. But unfortunately, I had dreamed of a talking cat. It looked like the one that was on the couch earlier. It just said, "Are you new, friend?" and disintegrated into black sand, which blew away in the wind. The wind circled me before disappearing. In the morning my whole body was icy and chilled and when I talked my voice seemed to have taken on a raspy quality it did not have before. I told my friend I was feeling rather homesick and if I had her permission to leave early. I did and so I left. For obvious reasons, I have never been back to her house since that happened!

Other hauntings by VioletWillows

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VioletWillows, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
I think in egyptian folklore the cats were the guardians of the underworld or afterlife. They are very mystical creatures. Maybe the cat didn't realize it was dead. Who knows really what exactly happens after death. I wouldn't be afraid of going over there. I would just be honored that it showed itself to you. Maybe you have a gift of some kind to see these things. Has it ever happened to you before?
Flower (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
My old dececed cat comes and visits me and even sleeps with me she was 20 when she died. ❤
Runswithlydia (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Interesting story. Indigenous peoples all over the world believe in animal spirits, maybe this cat wants to be yout spirit guide. My spirit guide was a turtle...yeah, I know, laugh it up, I agree not as sexy as your cat... But turtles are wise.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
God, I wish my cat were recently deceased. I know that's a terrible thing to say, but she's getting so old and frail and I worry she's in pain (she has arthritis). I don't think there's any need to be afraid of this cat spirit. Since its passing was so recent, I'm sure it was just lingering briefly before passing on to wherever cat spirits go.
JayGamer (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Hi thanks for sharing well this is a pretty weird experience but what lady glow said about cats maybe true and maybe it saw your the first time so it asked you if you were a new friend of its owner.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
It is weird that the cat would show itself to you and not to its grieving owner, who surely was in need of comfort, but then, cats are known for doing just what they pleased!

Thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: