You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Lane

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Lane

 

I live in Kilmarnock in Scotland and for the past three weeks there has been a girl following me down the lane from the side of my house.

It is always a flash of fear I feel then I turn around and she's standing behind me, wearing black. She has black hair, black eyes and a short black party dress that looks wet. Her facial expression is blank but her eyes are a little narrowed. She never says anything or moves when I move but when I turn my back and walk down the street a bit, she either reappears ahead of me or is behind me in a different part of the lane.

Thing is though, as soon as I turn the corner onto the main street, she disappears. I don't know what she could want or why she reaches out to me but I know that each time is always the same. A flash of fear, she's there then I turn the corner and she's gone. This has gone on every time I am in the lane and each time I go out to my back garden wall.

She has appeared to me as I was throwing things in the bin, standing at the lane beside my garage door. She never says anything even then and when I go inside and look out the window. She's gone.

I don't understand her motives but I was wondering what I could do to find out. I don't want her to be in a constant loop like she seems to be and I'm wondering if by appearing to me she is calling out for help. I've asked my mother about it as our house has some presenses but she is unaware of what the girl could want. The other presences in our house are relatives and I've seen them too but this is the only girl who I have no connection with that I've ever seen.

I'd really like to know what you guys think. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LisaS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

chelly (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
LisaS, keep us updated on what you find. This story is very interesting (excuse my spelling, I'm terrible at english as I'm a Afrikaans speaking Namibian...lol). I do feel she is trying to ask you to help as to being a guardian and protecting you. Keep searching, I think you are on the right track. Keep trying to talk to her to, but if you say it is as if something is holding her back from talking - drowning comes up in my mind with red flashes!

Thank you for sharing and remember to keep us updated! 😊
CraigDancey (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
LisaS I just then had a ghost experience was wondering if we could talk about it have you got facebook? Add me and we could inbox about it right now or email me on dancey_482 [at] hotmail.com please
LisaS (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
I did think I was going mad until my dog noticed her too. No one else but me seems to see her when we go down that lane as my friend has been with me and she said she never saw anything. I know it's not my imagination because I've faced this woman plenty of times now and she always keeps eye contact with me, just seems to struggle to speak. In response, to spirit-juggler's one about the photos. She doesn't let me. As soon as I pull out my phone, she vanishes. I have done some research and I have yet to pull up any murders in the time period but I haven't ruled out halloween as many have dressed this way for that too. I will keep digging as I need to know what she wants. I feel like I have to help her, even if it's to help her pass on.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
That would probably freak me right the heck out, if I saw something like that. To be honest, seeing someone just... Standing there, staring, is a whole lot more scary to me than things being chucked about the room, or ghosts moving. I think most of the times I've ever seen a spirit, or think I've seen one, they were always stationary... And I think that thrill of fear, that... Unnerving state of 'This should not be happening' is the same instinct that effects dogs. After all, we're animals too... I've always held it in my belief that we can sense the same things, we've just jaded ourselves from it. We've stopped trusting our instincts, which is a dangerous thing to do.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Must be a bit frightening for you. I think the fear you may be feeling is the fear of the girl. I would research, as some other posters have suggested. Research the area and murders or deaths of young girls. Also, is there a cemetery close by?

Thanks, zeta.
LisaS (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
She never appears for very long and I honestly hadn't thought about taking a picture but I'll try that next time.:)
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Have you tried taking a picture of her? I would be very interested to see that.
LisaS (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
Hey sorry I haven't answered. I haven't had a pc in a while. She wears a flapper style dress as if she's going to a Jazz party or something. I just tried to speak to her last time and all she did was open her mouth and close it again then it was back to the same old following me up and down the lane. I checked the old shed where she stands and it's all soggy etc but there's no body. (thank goodness cause that may have tipped me over the edge). I have started doing research in the local library so I will see if I can find anything. She seems like she needs to convey something. I just wish she could talk back. It's almost like something is stopping her from speaking.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Hi Lisa, interesting experience. You mention her dress, is there a way you can estimate the period by describing the dress more. Is it formal wear? Was she going to a party? A function? A funeral? If she's wet, this could be revealing that she drowned or her body may be near water. Also, take a note of the location when you feel any powerful emotions, particularly when you first sight the apparition. This could be hinting at something. The place where she may have died, or been in great pain, etc.

Do try and communicate with her. Ask her if there is anything you can do to help her? Getting her name would be an ideal start. You can then begin to research what happened.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Hi Lisa,

I think she is trying to reach out to you. Ask your neighbours if they know of any girl who may have gone missing along that lane. Also try talking to her, asking her name would be a good start.

You mentioned her dress is wet, that's a clue. Maybe she drowned, went missing or something happened to her on a rainy day/night.

Let us know what you find cause I'm also curious.

Thanks
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
It is common that people who can see ghost as you mentioned you have in your own home, that we can sense a ghost's feelings. I do that and sometimes I feel pain in an area where they were hurt badly before death. Maybe that fear you feel is how she is feeling and you are picking up on it. I would try telling her next time you see her, that you will be very careful and thank her for worrying about you but you will be okay. I know it's a scary thing to do, but once you speak to them they usually go away and don't return. That is how it's been for me. Just a suggestion.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Is there any way you can investigate past incidents on your street? I like the idea that she is watching out for you. Perhaps she wants you to feel fear as a way of warning you. Once she gets your attention with the fear part, she watches to make sure you are OK.

I hope this is the case.
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
It could be she was a victim on that lane, and she is watching out for you as you walk down the lane alone.

You never know.

LW
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
One thing is certain, she's aware that you can see her. Must be something she needs from you- maybe you can overcome your fear and ask her.
FeFiFoLexi (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
I think you shouldn't mess with it. If you feel fear chances are she is either putting that emotion out to you or you're just frightened. I would try to ask around the area. Ask someone else if they see her too. Walk down the lane with a friend.
Also the darkness of her appearance stood out to me. That may be symbolic.
Good luck!
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Hi Lisa,

I think you should try to speak to the girl if you can, or at least try to lessen the gap between yourselves so you can be sure she is a spirit. Personally I do believe she may be a spirit as this girl maybe only appears to you and is always wearing the same type of clothing.

You should try to find out where she appears from and at exactly what point she vanishes. Has anyone else within the vicinity mentioned any similar apparition?

I don't think she means you any harm, though.

Very interesting story. Please keep us updated.

Lakota73 😊
seven25 (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
dont worry I don't think she wants to hurt you she is probably just as scared or worried of you and if she was going to hurt you she would have done it already and she is probably bored and looking for something to do

This comment from vstoljockey is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

JayGamer (31 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Hi LisaS, well maybe you're right maybe she wants to contact you and do you know the exact place from where she comes from because it could help and have you try talking to her? Well anyways thanks for sharing your experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: