You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Haunting Past

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunting Past

 

My story starts a few years back. I was laying on the bed in my sister's room. With me was my sister and my older cousin. I was laying behind my sister who was sitting on the edge of the bed, and my cousin was sitting in the floor, in front of my sister. We were all laying there just talking slightly, and all I could hear was the sound of the hair-straightner on hair. All of a sudden the door shook. We all jumped at the sound of the thump at the door. At first we thought it was a joke just to scare us, but we didn't hear any laughing that would have followed. But, it was probably 3 o'clock in the morning and we were the the only ones there besides my parents, who were asleep. So, my sister stood up and walked over to the door. She opened it and screamed "AHHHH."

Which scared my cousin and I. We all stared in awe as there was nothing there at the door. The next morning, we told my mom what happened the previous night, she said, "It was probably someone you know who was just comming to visit you."

I replied to her and asked, "Well, why were they trying to scare us to death?"

Her reply perplexed me and got me thinking. She said, "They just want you to know that they are there, they're not trying to scare you. It's just that they're trying to get your attention."

So a few days later my cousin had gone home and it was just my mom and I in the house. I live in a two story house and right at the top of the stairs is a computer. I was sitting at the bottom of the stairs building some blocks, and out of nowhere I hear typing on the keyboard. Right about that time my mom was walking through and she stopped and listened. She siad to me, "Is your sister up there on the computer?"

I told her that she had gone home with my cousin. She stared at me and looked at me as if I had two noses on my face. She asked me if I was scared. I admitted I was a little scared. She led me up the stairs and we watched as the keys pounded away. She said, "If there is someone here stop what you're doing and listen. I don't want you to scare my children anymore. If you want to scare someone scare me!"

The typing stopped immedately after she stopped talking. After that day, I've always felt like I was being watched while I was in my house alone and when I was alone upstairs. My mom has always said it's probably someone coming to visit. But I'm not so sure.

I've never met some of my family such as my papaw who died a few years before I was born. My mom thinks it's him. What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, haterboy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

haterboy (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-21)
As a matter of fact my mom has had experience with the paranormal owensnee1 she has seen shadows on different occasions and has seen a who she thought to be her spirit guide in her dreams. She has also heard disembodied things I'm not exactly sure how she said it. But thanks for all the feedback!
epicunicorn8165 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
The ghost or whatever it was was just trying to make itself known. If it was trying to scare you it wouldn't have stopped typing after you said you were scared it it did want to scare you if anything happends again try to talk to it ask it questions and tell it to do thing for yes or no like say open the door for yes or something
haterboy (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
Thanks so much for the feedback I really appreciate it! Thanks for the tip SDS I don't hear much now a days but I have some dreams about departed family members more often. My mom has the idea that when we sleep we can astroproject our souls and speak to departed. And sometimes I can also feel like I can sense spirits. I get a real tense feeling in my head and I feel like I'm being watched. I really enjoy reading your comments. Owensnee1 my mother actually does not have as much experience As me and my sister have. She sees an Indian chief in her dreams sometimes and she thinks that is her spirit guide.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Hello haterboy, first and foremost thing is that we should never appear scared. Your fear fuels the entities. So don't be afraid. It is the frame of mind. Like your mother said, probably, its your papaw, who is visiting you and well wanted to divert your attention to him and feel his presence. Be bold and be courageous. There is no necessity of getting scared and if you feel insecure or scared or that the entity is trying to harm you in any way, try to cleanse the house. That would definitely help. Search for rook's method of cleansing in this site.

Thanks for sharing the story.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Don't be afraid. Your mom was right to just say to stop scaring you. Maybe you will always here the entity on and off, if it is someone close to you who wants you to know they are near. I would just accept it as long as you don't feel real fear from it. You and your mother may just attract spirits. If that's the case you will hear these things on and off. Just do as your mother does and tell it to quit. I have similar things happen to me and that is what I do as well. If you begin to feel real fear from it then I would get further help.
owensnee1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Very interesting story. Does your mother have any experience with the paranormal?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: