You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Rocky part 1

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Rocky part 1

 

I have a very long story that has spanned 6 years so far and is still carrying on to this day. I'm not sure that you will want everything at once so I guess I'll try to split it up a bit. When things first started I didn't keep a very good record but I've actually kept a detailed journal for some time now. This will seem a bit scattered for the first part but I'll try to have it make some sense for you.

I need to give you some background first. Ronny is my husband's older brother and very much the black sheep of the family. So much so that most of them wouldn't even acknowledge that he was part of the family. Sadly enough, even his parents. He had caused them a lot of grief when he was young. You could find all kinds of reasons why he was the way he was today, with all the titles they have, such as ADD or (I'm sure in his case ADHD-attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). He had a higher than average IQ but never had any help with things. He was a fabulous guy, help you with anything but always had some kind of scheme going on in the background. Never to involve us in any way. My family was the closest with him and his family. We (hubby) let by-gones be by-gones and I never knew him in his really troublesome days. To me he was just a really good natured guy who was always ready to laugh and tease. Ronny, known as Uncle Rocky to my kids, was a fantastic Uncle. The Uncle you were always happy to see. They loved him dearly, and he was always around for them. He was killed in a stupid car accident in 2000, just a few weeks before we were due to move here. Just a few weeks before his birthday.

We had plans of moving back here from up north and Ronny was really excited and said he knew exactly where our house was, he walked by every week-end on his way to the local flea market. I looked forward to early morning coffee visits while he was passing by. When he died, we were so in shock. We couldn't believe it. Everyone who came to his funeral said 'Oh the famous Gary and family, he was really looking forward to you moving down' Even cops who had arrested him had shown up at his funeral, that's how likable he was. My kids always had a really close bond with him, especially my oldest. He could almost read his mind, or mine when it came to Uncle Rocky.

This already pretty long but I felt you needed to know the background. Things started to happen right after we got here. I sort of didn't make a connection right away, but now I think I have the answer down pat.

One of the first things I noticed was my youngest son's closet. It was very sticky and you really had to give it a jerk to open it. Except during the day when he was at school, I would always find it open, then I would close it. The little fellow was afraid of the monster that he might find in there. Then every night I'd find myself having to close it again because it would be open again. He'd always call me in at bedtime to close it.

We also had the typical phone calls where there would simply be a dead line, no matter if it rang once or ten times. Then there were the calls that just had a dial tone. Lots of them. This went on for months and months. It still happens to this day, just today as a matter of fact. It has really settled down though.

In the evening, after dark I would see this green ribbon of light traveling across the back of the yard, back and forth. Swoops and arcs. Then in the daylight it would be shadows doing the same. The thing was the back of the yard is in shadow all day and night. This happened a lot for a year or so and then eased off. Maybe I just don't notice it anymore.

In the house I often see shadows cross the door frames. They stop and sort of look at me but when I look at them, they are gone. This usually happens when I'm alone. And very often.

A few times (at least 3) when my husband and I have gone away in the morning we have been a little late coming home for my boys' lunch hour. We would be worried about them having to be outside and worrying about us. Each time they were in the house. We'd ask how they got in and they'd tell us the back door was open. After the first time we'd make absolutely certain the back door deadbolt was locked and yet they would still be in the house. It seemed Uncle Rocky would be looking out for them, making sure they were safe.

When my husband was in high school he made a sort of grandfather clock that hung on the wall. It has a very tight latch and you have to use two hands to open it to wind it. For the longest time it would be open at least every other day. This was so weird. This goes along with a couple of other clock stories I have to tell. I think I should save some of the rest for later since this is so long.

Next time you'll know the history and I'll tell you a lot of other things that have happened over the years. You'll see why I'm a firm believer. I just thought it was time to share some of this and I hope you've enjoyed reading this and will want to read the rest. Thank you for reading some of my tale.

Other hauntings by Bellissima

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bellissima, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GibsonFlyingV (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
When people die they sometimes don't want to leave this Earth. So they come back to the ones they miss the most and stick around them for awhile. Sort of like a guardian angel.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
Thanks everyone for your support! I'm happy you've read this entry. Rocky was a great guy and still is. Even when he's yanking our chain. 😉
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
Dear Bellissima,

I am sorry for your family's loss. I do appreciate your lovely story about your brother-in-law, "Uncle Rocky". It looks like he is still a part of your family in spirit, as well as a loving protector for you and yours (your boys). We can all use protection and support from both sides. The more the better, I say. There is no limitation on unconditional love.😁

Thank you for your presence, stories and comments. Blessings,Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Bell, always a pleasure reading your comments or stories. Looking forward to your next one. Sounds just like your children's uncle is looking out for them. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Your story is great! But, I expected no less. Can't wait to read the next parts (and hopefully I won't 😉 ), it's not as long as you seem to think it is, so stop worrying! Let it all out girl, tell us all the scarey stories!
😆
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Thank you melissagrove2000! Rocky is as much a part of our lives now as ever. I will post more for everybody to read pretty soon. Thank you for your comment and sympathies. I'm sorry for your own losses as well.
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
wow! Thanks for sharing your story. So sorry to hear of your loss. This sounds a lot like the two stories that I have written regarding my grandfather and my son's grandfather. Just the little things that happen. It sure sounds like the uncle was watching out for your little ones. How lucky they are to have their uncle in spirit to still take care of them and love them and watch out for them. Someone once said to me that love does seem to transcend death! Looking forward to hearing your other stories. Thanks again for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: