You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Glowing Blue Eyes?

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Blue Eyes?

 

My family used to live in a home in Madison county Idaho. I was very young at the time, maybe 6 or 7. This is one of my most vivid memories from my childhood and it still makes me nervous when I'm alone. My family and this house have a history of experiences like mine and I think they could be related.

My experience occurred very late at night, maybe 1-2 a.m. I couldn't sleep and my mom was asleep in my room that night because I felt very uneasy and nervous that night. I was reading and had just turned off my light, when I had a feeling we weren't alone and I was being stared at. I looked up and I remember going rigid and feeling like I was choking. Next to my dresser and my closet there was a black figure with almost no visible features. The figure appeared to be a little boy from what I could make out. He was about my height and was wearing a cap like they did around pioneer times, 1800's I guess. The thing that scared me the most about it was it's eyes, because they were glowing bright blue. All I could do was stare at the figure and it's eyes. I couldn't move or look away and it slowly faded. I passed out once it was gone.

Other members of my extended family have had experiences with a little boy in this house. My uncle saw a small shadow run and hide under the pool table and when he looked underneath it there was no one there. My aunt was playing hide and seek with her sisters when they were young and lived in the house and a little boy with a striped shirt hid from her, and when she found him he looked at her and then walked through the wall. Other things like voices calling or whispering our names, pool balls moving in a circle of its own accord, and toy cars driving by themselves have all happened. Faucets turned themselves on full blast and then off.

Never have I felt threatened and another of my aunts lives there now. I haven't heard of anything happening recently. I don't know the history of the house or anything. I do have some pioneer ancestors so perhaps some of them died in the snow.

Any ideas? Any thoughts? Any questions? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading, I know it is long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ilovesoccer95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ilovesoccer95 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
so I asked my dad and he told me that they built the house after the flood. I think Teton dam broke and flooded the area. Also my sister told she had a new experience a week or two ago when we were visiting. She was in the hallway facing the room my parents were staying in and looking into the room. You can see into the main room and you can see a doorway on the right wall (a bathroom) from this angle. She saw shadow run out of the bathroom and through the bed before she couldn't see it anymore. She was freaking out and she was screaming but no on else was there at the time.
ilovesoccer95 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Isandhu yes I think that the choking sensation was my own fear. Thanks for the idea about the eyes. They were what frightened me most. You could be right but I'm not sure. Thanks for the comment.
Sds I'll look into the house's history and let you know what I find out. Thanks for the comment.

Both of you have a lovely day.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Except for the eye-glowing thing (and assuming you going rigid and feeling like you were choking was just due to your own fear) it sounds like a genuine intelligent haunt. Perhaps this boy is more active when there are children in the house (assuming there are none there now). It would be nice if you could encourage him to move on. He must be lonely. I can't explain the eye glowing. Maybe it was a reflection or an after-image since you had just turned out the light.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
ilovesoccer95, I feel that the spirit of a small boy is definitely present in the house. I also concur with you that it might be playful but does not mean any harm. Well, try to find out the history of the house through the aunt of yours, perhaps, you may find out something about the boy and if possible, why don't to try to help him through to the light. Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: