You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghosts Slamming Doors?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Slamming Doors?

 

This is my story, I know it may sound fictional, but it really is true. It was the summer vacation 2010 or 2011, I don't remember the date, but it was in Klaksvík, a city in the Faroes, at my friend Natalia's house. I was staying with my friend and her house is haunted. She was able to see and comunicate with ghosts at that time, now she has lost the ability.

So we were just getting up to get something to eat and she saw a cat walking behind me (I never saw the cat), but they didn't have a cat and no one else saw it. Later before we went to bed, we were sitting and talking about ghosts, we always do that. She felt a scratch on her leg, like a cat clawed her, she totally freak out and threw her comforter on floor and hurried under mine.

The next day we were home alone and we were making breakfast, when all of sudden we heard three knocks on the door into the livingroom, she grabbed my hand and we hurried into the bathroom, as soon as we locked the door, we heard doors slamming all around in the house like someone was really angry, I've never heard anything as loud. I panicked, but she knew what was going on, because it had happened before to her and another friend.

Her dog was all alone out in the kitchen and whinning alot, so we hurried out and took him into the bathroom with us. Mickey (her dog) just stared at the bathroom door for awhile and then started barking and growling alot, it was so scary, I have seriously never been so scared before. I think it went on like that doos slamming, the dog barking and growling and me panicking, for about 10 minutes but it felt like hours.

Alot has happened in that house, I will tell you more stories from that house and my own home later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Grav3yardGhosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
Grav3yardGhosts,

I have to admit up front I'm on the fence concerning this experience, but here is a possibility based on the information you have provided... Again I'm not sure, but here is a 'Maybe it was this' comment because you have asked about a Ouija Board...

Please do not try a Ouija Board... I do not say this because I think they are 'evil' but your fear and inexperience would, I feel, bring about a very disappointing and/or bad outcome for you and your friend.

Besides from what you have shared with us it seems this activity is Poltergeist in nature and that it's the type that does not involve a spirit of any type.

Poltergeist (I feel) have two different 'causes'. The First being a 'spirit' that is drawn to the energy generated by an individual who is going through Puberty (You and your friend were between the ages of 13-15 when this happened?) the Second is psychokinetic activity generated by an individual going through Puberty.

So based on what you have shared with us this incident was of the second type... The 'energy' being generated between you and your friend was enough to 'set off' this episode of 'door slamming'. Thank you for sharing your experience with us...

I do have a question, how sure are you that the 'activity' lasted for about 10 minutes... And was it the same for your friend and the other individual... Duration of the event and everything?

Respectfully,

Rook
Grav3yardGhosts (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-25)
We didn't try asking it, I was in shock and my friend was trying to calm me and the dog down! But I really want to know why it was angry, but I don't know what to do? Should we try an Ouija board or is that to dangerous?
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Spooky! Did you ever ask it what it wanted? Or ask why it was angry? I don't know if that's a good idea to ask questions to it, but I'd be curious about why it's so angry in my house!
-ghosthunter- (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Sounds like a pretty scary but exiting ghost story! Did you know that dogs are good at sensing things? The dog might of known there was a ghost standing right behind that bathroom door when it was barking! Gosh I wouldn't want to be in that house! 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: