You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Little Black Cat Herman

Real Ghost Stories

My Little Black Cat Herman

 

I recently lost my all-black kitty named Herman. He was struck by a car one week ago today. My husband and I buried him in the back yard in a shaded area on the edge of our property. We were both grief stricken.

I couldn't do anything but cry for a whole day. That night when I finally fell asleep, I was suddenly awakened and I felt something warm on my left arm as I lay in bed. It was as if my baby Herman was laying on my arm and keeping me warm. I felt the warmth but not the weight of him.

I have been to his grave every day since last week and it seems like every day I see, hear, feel something new. One day right after I was at his grave crying I yelled out, "I love you and miss you" while I was walking away and I heard three meows off in the distance coming from his grave. I turned around and said, "I love you" again very loudly (just to see if it was in my head or if it would happen again) and then I heard meowing coming from behind me again but a different sounding meow. I froze and when I turned around I saw Herman's buddy, Tom, a little orange neighbor cat that used to play with him, come up to me and lick me on the foot and look into my eyes with very sad eyes. I picked Tom up and hugged him and grieved with him. I believe those first three meows were Herman and his friend heard him and was running to see if he was there.

Yesterday I was outside with my husband holding my cell phone and talking to him. When I went inside and looked at my cell phone, my calendar had opened up and it was on the date May 17th (it is currently September). Somehow my calendar opened to May 17, the day Herman was born! Today, exactly a week after his death, I looked out my window and I saw him, I really saw him, walking on the edge of my neighbors' property when he got out of eyesight. I ran outside and looked and looked for him but did not see him. I gave up and as I was walking back into my property, I turned around again and saw him again! He was playing and when I said, "Here, kitty" he sat down and looked me right in my eyes. Then I stood up and started walking slowly towards him and he just slowly stood up and walked into the tall grass and disappeared again. I think he came back to tell me, "I'm okay. It's okay, Mom."

Last night I had a bad dream and he was in it injured, and I woke up so sad and distressed. I believe he came back to show me that he is okay and I can move on with my life:) I love you, Herman, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ImissmyHermanBaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jigyesh (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
overwhelming...my dog died some days ago but that day I somehow controlled myself FROM CRYING. Reading your account today I have finally given up fighting tears

God bless
ViolettNoelNolett (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
This bring tears to my eyes. Beautiful story... Sad but sweet at the same time. Thanks for sharing.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
This gave me tears in my eyes what a sweet and sentimental story, I am so glad you, your husband and Tom are now able to move on knowing he is okay.
demonkitty101 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
ImissmyHermanBaby
You're welcome.

I can say, from a personal experience, that writing those stories may help. It did for me, when my pet rat died (I know not everyone's for rats but they make wonderful pets)...

Good luck

Demonkitty
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
shame,same thing happened to my hubby, his dog came back, she walked in the house at night, but it was nice from herman to come and say that he was fine.
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
He sounds like a very special cat. I love that the other Tom cat also came at his call. Thank you for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
It's special when our pets return and let us know they are Ok. I know this because it's happened to me. (shameless plug here)

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10743

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
sarah84 (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
sad and sweet, what a beautiful story. I am glad that he told you that he was okay. Stay strong.
Blessed be ❤
ImissmyHermanBaby (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
Thank you... He was So special... I could write tons of stories about him. <3
demonkitty101 (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
I'm sorry you lost Herman... But the whole story was, while sad, also sweet. I'm glad he got the chance to tell you he was alright <3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: