You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Missy

Real Ghost Stories

Missy

 

We only lived in Alamogordo for three weeks. Wayne's job didn't exactly work out. Turns out the boss was a sexist, racist person. Long story short, Wayne (and therefore my sisters) is half-Mexican. The boss didn't know this because you don't do a job interview by saying. "Hi. I am Wayne. I have managed several companies in my life, and I am half-Mexican. Hire me". When the boss "found out", he found an excuse to get rid of him. Everyone knew what he was doing, but it also wasn't illegal, so no one did anything.

So we had to pay to move back to Merkel on 26 August 2006. Oh, but wait. We paid for them to move the house (it was a trailer), so we didn't have a home. A church family let us stay with them for a couple days while Wayne house searched. Then, after a couple days, another church family offered us one of their rental houses. They understood our situation, so they let us live there for free the first six months until we could get back on our feet. All our savings were spent on the move there and move back, so we had to literally start from scratch, so it was truly a blessing that our friends did that, or we would have been homeless, maybe forever.

When we moved into our new house, there was a closet in my room. The closet door was stuck and wouldn't open. Wayne, who is very strong, strained himself trying to open it. He said he wasn't surprised, because the house was built in 1921 and hadn't been lived in since 1998. This was 2006.

I was disappointed I wouldn't be able to use my closet, but was glad to at least have a room. One night, a month later, I was reading on my bed at night when... My closet opened on it's own...

My parents heard the thud of me hitting the opposite wall as I backed into it and came running. When Wayne saw the closet door open, he asked how I did that, and I said it opened on it's own. He swore loudly and went to look in the closet. He pulled out an old, stiff roll of sheets, a bag of raggy clothes (probably from being in there for so long), and a box of coat hangers. To be honest, we were disappointed there wasn't something like a box of old letters or a body or Narnia.

So after we cleaned the closet of all the dust, I moved my clothes in there and stored some boxes and such in there.

A few days later, I had a...dream? Vision?...of a little girl (why is it always little girls?). She was in the closet and was laughing. I know I didn't see this because I remember waking up. Also, when I saw her it was day and when I woke up seconds later it was night.

But when I woke up, I could feel her there. I couldn't see her, but I knew she was there. I didn't know her name, so I called her Missy.

When the morning came, I was about to tell Wayne this, but he spoke first. HE was pale. The skeptic. He said that he had woken up and heard what he thought was my mom's voice speaking to him. Then he realized that not only did she sleep on the other side of him, but she wasn't even home. She'd left for work that morning. Also, the voice, once he realized this, didn't sound like her. He had looked where the voice came from and...nothing.

He asked for me to tell him the stories from the country and I told him, and he apologized for not listening before. Then I told him about Missy.

One night, I was writing a note to Mark about something (we used to do that all the time and swap them at church), when I fell asleep while writing. I don't remember what the note was about (probably something random), but when I woke up, apparently Missy possessed my hand and wrote a note. My note (and handwriting) stopped abruptly, and girl handwriting finished the note. It started by saying things like "Help daddy will kill me" and then went creepy with things like "He will torture me in the bathroom. I fear the closet". It was all in girl handwriting, and was much different from mine.

I showed my parents, and they were concerned. They asked the church friends who rented us the house if anyone had died in the house, and they said they didn't know. They'd bought the house in 2002. They had had trouble selling the house because it was in so much disrepair. In fact, when we first moved in, they spend several thousand dollars having the house rewired and re-piped (as I said 1921... It had the original wiring and plumbing. It wasn't pretty).

We did research into the house, and nothing came up on a death there. But Wayne kept hearing voices in the corner, and soon it turned into two voices conversing. One night while I was writing another note, I felt a hand upon mine. It was icy. I jumped like a mile.

At the end of 2006, I moved out on my own shortly, but it didn't work out, so I moved back in. The moment I went back to my room, I ran into my parents' room and said, "I don't feel Missy anymore!" My mom said, "After you moved out, we had some people come and pray for their spirits, and led them to the light"

My family still lives in that house, and there hasn't been any activity since they prayed them to the light.

Other hauntings by Baikeru

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Baikeru, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
Me, too. It's pointless to fight and bicker. Let's just focus on the main part of the stories, not the little details that could have been left out and not effect the story.
Spotandangel (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
Hi Beikeru, I've been reading these Ghosts Stories for a several years but very rarely comment. I like your stories! I just realized how many comments some of the readers here make, and one of yours commentors has made over 3500! I sure hope the pickiness over some of your wording is fizzling out. I want to hear what people actually have to say about your paranormal experiences, not bicker about semantics.
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
What is your problem? Why are you picking on me so much? You keep making it sound like I am lying about my stories. You have said you're not calling me a liar, but you have said I am without saying it. By saying my stories are "suspicious", you're calling me a liar. I did nothing to you, and I did nothing to you. You came onto my stories and started attacking me. You have done nothing this whole time but acted childishly. It is sickening. What are you, 12? You sound like an angry 12 year old. You know, when I was your age, I didn't even have internet. I was well behaved, and I didn't go looking for fights. When you get to be my age, you'll look back on this and realize how immature you've were.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
[at] MizMiMi,
I have to agree with you there. There is something else though. I hesitate to say what it is, I don't want to spoil things. But there is a familiarity in these posts. And the 'voice' of the O/P, the style and tenor of the maniacal rants, the finger pointing and name calling that has been reserved specifically for use on me? All of that is merely scratching the surface of what was meant to occur here. If you take a look at his response to my question on story #1, in which I was being quite pleasant and complimentary, you will notice his demeanor was not ready to handle me being me. He left an off hand remark and moved on to the next poster. This I found curious. When all of his responses prior to that one were more cheerful and polite.
Naturally, I had my suspicions about the veracity of these tales the further I read. And if it is simply a case of innocent embellishments, it is still splitting hairs when it comes to the truth. And that is where I am leaving this one, as I won't be coming back here either.

Jav Out
MizMiMi02 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
The problem is that every time someone mentioned something, you had an answer/justification for it. I don't buy you stories, and I think you embellished what did happen. Have a good one, I'm done commenting on this prequel to a prequel to a prequel to a sequel. MizMiMi02 Out
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Your sarcasm makes me laugh. I did not twist your words around. I simply answered your comments about how my stories are "suspicious" and such. It's funny how at first you were upset because I said we lived on a former crop field, then when I explained that situation to you, you were upset because I "didn't say" the house was a trailer (which I did). Then you were upset because of how I mentioned my stepfather lost his job but didn't want to talk about it so hurried past that part, then finally you were upset because of how I titled my stories. So yes, I would have to call you a troll, simply because of the many different ways you have tried to attack me. If you noticed, I haven't gone on your stories and done the same to you. I haven't chosen some obscure private section of one of your stories and tried to dig as much of the truth of that part out as possible. Also, every time I you asked a question, I answered it, no matter how private that matter was. Yet you continued to attack me.

So tell me; Who is the troll?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
You're absolutely right. Everything you say is as good as gold. You don't resort to name calling, and you don't like to argue. None of that characterizes you at all.
You don't change my words to meet what you think I meant. And you don't get upset over the little stuff and go on a ranting screamfest because someone dares to question your words. You are not at all what you seem to be from reading these comments, are you?
Wow! You really are full of... Something.

Too bad.
You are boring me to tears...
I'm out.

Jav

PS~ Have fun Troll! (I've been here for too long to be one)
😆
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
And now you're changing subject. If the mods didn't like how I titled the stories, they wouldn't have approved it. You know you've lost, so you're just trying to find any reason to fight now. As I said, you are a troll. You have to fight people to be happy. Which is just sad.
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Wow! You are seriously taking this WAY too far. You're now judging me and accusing me of being uneducated and saying I have never had a job. I have had many jobs. I can't work now because I am currently disabled (bad hip), but I have had a job. I called him a racist because he is a racist. I called him sexist because I heard him say he refused to hire women because "they can't do this work". It was a cookie factory.

So stop judging and mind your own business. If something in the main part of the story doesn't make sense to you, yes ask questions. But you're trolling over a personal part that I deliberately sped past. NO I DID NOT CHANGE IT. It was racism, AND it was nepotism.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
From the Submissions Guidelines page, which everyone who posts a story here has to agree to before their submission will even be considered for publication.

"Unless your story is happening in the present and you are writing updates, there is no point in dividing it on multiple submissions (ghost story 1, ghost story 2, ghost story 3, etc), so please wait until you have completed it before publishing your experience."
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Sorry to disappoint you son, but the point was not that he had lost his job, it was that you have a thing about calling people names. Racist, troll, etc. Then comes a very convenient change up, then back to racism again. How do you keep up? It was this little paragraph that gave me problems.
" Turns out the boss was a sexist, racist person. Long story short, Wayne (and therefore my sisters) is half-Mexican. The boss didn't know this because you don't do a job interview by saying. "Hi. I am Wayne. I have managed several companies in my life, and I am half-Mexican. Hire me". When the boss "found out", he found an excuse to get rid of him. Everyone knew what he was doing, but it also wasn't illegal, so no one did anything"

Yes, this is the thorn in my side. Not only were you misrepresenting how the hiring process works, you were also misrepresenting the law as everyone knows it to be. You were assuming things that simply are not based in fact and passing those assumptions on as if they were.
Maybe you haven't had a real job, I don't know. But everything you said there was so far from reality that I couldn't let it pass. It bothers me when I see what the schools are not teaching these days. It shows in the way you made those statements.
And that is what scares me most of all.

Jav
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
I was trying to be nice with you until you crossed the line, which is when I called you what you are; a troll. That is what you are doing. You are trolling. The fact you think the me posting all five of these stories in a row is "suspicious" is trolling. Did you miss the part where I said I wrote these to my girlfriend long before I posted them here? I told these to her before I ever knew this site existed.

And as for you wanting to get "the truth". I wrote nothing but the truth here. You're trying to dig out truths that are none of your business. So what if I didn't tell the whole story as to why my stepfather lost his job. THIS STORY WASN'T ABOUT THAT! It's like watching Star Wars and being like, "But how did the Ewoks build those tree houses? Something doesn't add up".
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
The fighting isn't coming from my end dear. I have made a point NOT to fight with you. I wasn't calling you names. I told you what I felt was giving me problems in the way this scenario had panned out. You, on the other hand, went instantly into the name calling. Sticks and stones, that's what I say about that. I am being honest in how I feel, that's me. But I cannot understand why you have chosen to switch back and forth on this. Racism or nepotism?
Adding to the story after it has posted always comes off as suspicious. And seeing as you have written so many in a row, I find it strange that we still have to dig for the answers.
Any other comments I have posted, are my opinions alone. I am allowed to have them. You don't have to like them, but I will state them. Mine is just as valid as anyone else's and I will not let your name calling stop me from saying what I feel. So excuse me if I do not accept your claim that I am looking for a fight. I am after one thing only...
The truth.

Jav

~I find it very interesting that it is always the same group of supporters coming out in favor of anyone that is unhappy with me. Whereas, they had not even bothered to read or comment on the story before I took an interest in it.
I'll make it much easier for all of you soon enough, after that I expect the partying will commence and craziness will abound. As it should. 😁
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
[at] MizMiMi02, but how was that a "key" part of the story? I could have just said, "He lost his job and we had to move back", and it wouldn't have effected the story one bit.

[at] cosmogal926, =]]
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Baikeru, great story! I have not read the others yet, but I'm about to. That closest gave me the creeps. Too bad nobody knew anything about the house. It would have been great to have your feelings about the little girl and the writing validated. At least your stepfather had some experiences as well.

It really is terrible the excuses people use to fire their employees. My ex-boss was a horrible evil woman. She would put us down and nothing I did was ever good enough. There were many times I swore I was going to end up on the 5:00pm news for beating her up. When she finally decided to "lay" me off she made it look picture perfect on paper so there was no way I could fight it. People like that always get what they deserve though. 😊 😉
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Point is, you neglected to include key parts of your story, and now we are having to drag the rest of the details out of you. You keep changing the reasons why, and it just doesn't fit.
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
You seem to love to fight. His boss, the manager, would always call him racist names when he found out he was half-Mexican. At one point, the boss told him he was surprised he was able to afford the house we had back in Texas, because "Mexicans can't afford that" (his exact words. So yes, I was calling his boss a racist, because he was, in fact, a racist. Also, why are you pulling this out so much? That's not even what the story is about. The point is he lost his job and we had to move back.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Just so we are perfectly clear on this, I am not saying you are a racist. I am, however, faulting you for accusing someone else of being one. To me, that is just as bad. It is too easy to accuse someone of being racist. Because once you do, it is hard to take that back. It can brand someone for life. And in the off chance you may be mistaken, it makes no difference. It's out there and people will believe it. That's cheating. It is the worst kind of argument to have and it hurts everyone.
But when asked about that, you then changed your story to say it was nepotism. I am not calling you a liar either. I am merely pointing out the ease at which you have crossed over from one excuse to the other here.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
You can't just "use the race card" like it is done every day. We have laws in this country that protect people from having that EXACT thing happen to them. You are now saying it was nepotism? Seems to me that is less of a personal infraction than using race as a reason to get rid a person. In some cases there is jail time involved, but in all cases of racial discrimination, true racial discrimination, there are laws that are set in place to prevent it. Ever read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights? Yeah, those. So you may say it is something else now, but you made it crystal clear the first time round. And that offends me. Call me all the names you like, I have no problem watching you do that, but I don't like racism. I am never going to be alright with the accusations that get tossed about so casually either. So now I am a troll? Better that than a racist.

Jav
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Baikeru- YOU came to a PUBLIC site, YOU posted 5 stories in said public site, YOU opened yourself up for scrutiny by posting these stories.
Don't call someone a troll because they are questioning what you have written. If the information was to personal for you to post here, then maybe you shouldn't have posted anything at all. You have an answer for everything, so I'm not sure why you didn't just put that in the story... Oh right, it was to personal.
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
[at] sds,

[at] Javelina, wow! You are a troll, you know that? Nothing but a troll. Why can't you just read these and stop trying to get personal? I didn't give every last detail because it is PERSONAL. The manager of that company fired him because he wanted his brother to have the position. It was nepotism. But the manager used the race card.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Baikeru,
You hadn't mentioned the other house was a trailer when you wrote the previous account. My question about that is if it was a trailer, you said you saw someone hanging by a noose from the ceiling in the hallway. In a trailer? I can't imagine a support beam in a trailer strong enough to hang from. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.
HOWEVER, and this one is a huge red flag for me, being from the southwest and living in Arizona, there are some things that are simply not part of how things work down here. One of those things has to do with the racial aspect of your story. That part is too convenient in my opinion. It bothers me to see it used at all. Plus, you couldn't be more wrong about the law. It IS illegal to do what you claim was done to your stepfather. And I find it odd that anyone in this neck of the woods would even consider it a bad thing to be half Mexican. And then to be forced from a job because of it? This isn't the 1950's and Alamogordo, not to mention the entire state of New Mexico, is not known for being a hot bed of racial tension. Far from it actually. For heaven's sake, the Governor is a Latina!
I don't know if I can even read the any more of these accounts you have written. They are making me get too upset. And like I stated earlier, I could be wrong and my anger could be misplaced, but I don't believe so.

Jav
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Hello Baikeru, another nice narration and as I told you before, you have a nice way of writing your stories. Keep it up. It is a good thing that the spirits were shown to the light. Some entities/spirits have to be told that they are no longer alive in physical form and it is difficult for them to believe so. But, it is really surprising as to how the real fact didn't come out after your research about the house. I still have a feeling something must have definitely happened because as you have narrated that the note written by Missy sounded like she was tortured by her father. Probably, some more research is either required or someone is trying to hide the truth from you. Well if your family still lives in the house peacefully, then it is really fine.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Your story was very interseting and I enjoyed it. I'm not implying you were lying but are sure you were asleep when writing the note because if not it would be amazingly similar to automatic writing.
Baikeru (7 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
=]] Thanks. I was a writer from 2004 - 2012, and even published a novel. But it just doesn't interest me the way it used to, and I have gone into photography now.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
I really liked this story. I'm glad that the spirits that were there were able to move on and be at peace. You have a great way of relaying your experiences. I've enjoyed reading all of them.

~clever

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: