You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Demon Or Something Else

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Demon Or Something Else

 

I was in bed I couldn't sleep at all. I had a phone chat with a close girl friend for a few hours. Finally tried to go to sleep around 2:00AM.

I completely couldn't sleep. I just laid there staring at the ceiling and then I went on facebook for a little longer, talked to some people and at around 2:30AM tried to go back to sleep.

I was laying on my back with my head facing left against the wall. I started feeling really different. I can't even explain what is was but my eyes where closed and then a small ringing sound came into my ears and then I started having spirally white in my eyes so I opened my eyes. The ringing began getting louder and louder and I then started looking around and couldn't move my body to get out. I felt like it had to be a dream but I was completely awake, there's no doubt.

Then my arms started slowly raising to the roof, getting halfway and then going down. And they kept going up and down slowly at the same pace and as I kept trying to keep them down, I couldn't stop it. I started trying to yell out to my brother who was in the next room and couldn't even speak. I then tried my hardest to move my body and look right and after my third attempt when I kept getting further, I moved my hole body around and I had control of my body.

I don't know what this is. It's my first time something like this has happened. But my mum, my brother and a mate have seen a shadow person in the house who stands at the end of beds but I didn't see anyone in the room.

Email me help Dancey_482[at]hotmail[dot]com please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CraigDancey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
I've dealt with sleep paralysis since I was 17. I rarely ever experience hallucinations, just the ringing in the head/ears, and the inability to move or speak. However, I have had 3 hallucinations while in this state, and know how very real a hallucination can feel. It can feel 100% real. The 1st hallucination was scary, the 2nd weird, and the 3rd mundane. I'll recount that one because it offers proof as to how real a hallucination can seem. One morning I woke up, and realized that I was experiencing sleep paralysis. (No hallucination at this point, just all of the other symptoms.) I then fought myself awake. (A trick I learned through trial and error. Just tell yourself its sleep paralysis, nothing you see or hear is real, and figure out a way to wake yourself up.) I got up went to the bathroom, washed my hands, fed my cats, gave them clean water, changed thier litter, washed my hands again, poured a soda, and sat down. Only to find myself still in the sleep paralysis state, having done none of those things. But I truly felt as though I had, and am surprised to this day that I did not wet the bed. Because the hallucination of doing all of those mundane things felt so resl.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-12)
Well I have had this happen to me in bed. I couldn't get to sleep and I heard some noises I didn't want to move. I couldn't even if I wanted to. Then all I heard was my breathing. I kept on thinking in my mind that a monsters face will come up out of the blue. Well that's my short thingy
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
I first thought sleep deprivation was the eye thing, the conversation about seizures sounds quite plausible also, it could have been a combination of both, or indeed sleep paralysis, but at the moment it isn't really sounding like an obe.

Let us know how you progress!
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
The white spirally sensation is something I've had before. Usually happens if I'm lying on my back trying hard to sleep.
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
From experience I would have to say that you were experiencing Sleep Paralysis, I have this happen to me at least a few times a month. The first time I experienced it, it scared the crap out of me but after years of going through it, I just kind of go with the flow, that's about all you can really do. I know that it's freaky but it usually doesn't last long. Thanks for sharing your story.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
I normally have the ringing sound with a buzzing sensation before an obe or 'being called out', but I have never had the white spirally sensation or involuntary muscle movements. I fully agree that this sounds like a form of epileptic seizure... Probably not a gran mal or 'tonic clonic' as I believe they are called nowaays, but at least something you should discuss with your doctor to be sure that it isn't the beginning of seizure episodes. If seizures are ruled out, it may be the beginnings of obe activity.
demonkitty101 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-28)
At first I thought you were just going to say you couldn't sleep the whole night-then I would have argued that you were on your phone. It's not a good idea to do anything on your phone or computer before going to bed-I think the time they say is about an hour- because it stimulates your brain... Well I know it keeps you awake.

Then I thought, 'oh, ok. That's not normal' when I read the arm part. But after reading what VSangel0309 has said, I'm beginning to think that it might not be a bad idea to tell a doctor next time you have a check up (or next time you go with a family member, even?)

Good luck with it all,
-demonkitty
VSangel0309 (3 stories) (6 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-09-27)
By your description it sounds like you could have been experiencing a seizure. You stated a weird sensation in the beginning and not being able to sleep could have been a sign of over-stimulated central nervous system. I witnessed an epileptic that placed his hands in the prayer position and started bowing over and over. I can't be certain but that is what your presentation sounds like to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: