You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Happenings In My Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Happenings In My Apartment

 

I put these experiences together in one post, since some of them are too short to meet the 1500 characters requirement:) They all took place in my old apartment which was located in a building dating back to the 30s.

One night I had a rather disturbing nightmare of me running from something through a forest, I didn't know what it was, but its voice was in the wind all around me. I woke up, lying on my stomach, my arms on each side of my pillow, having the feeling, that whatever was in the dream, had followed me into my bedroom. I tried to turn my head, when suddenly I felt something small sitting on my back, holding my arms down. I panicked and managed to scream "Go to hell!" and it disappeared in that exact instant. Now, having read some accounts in here, some of you will say that it is sleep paralysis, but is it a real condition, or is it just an expression that's been invented to explain something we don't understand? Also, it seems that sleep paralysis usually occurs when people sleep on their back, while I slept on my stomach (I almost always do).

However, it could very well lead into the next experience. It was a year or so later, I woke up at around 11am, didn't get up right away, stretched and yawned, looked at the ceiling where rays of sun were playing and I thought, "This is a really beautiful day." All of this went on for a minute or so, then I turned my head to the right and there, right next to me, lay a transparent, dwarf-like thing and grinned at me. Shocked, I jumped up, struck out at it and it vanished.

Those are the only two experiences I feel may somehow be connected, though there was other stuff going on:

One evening I was sitting in my living room, watching TV, when I heard something like a loud knocking from the kitchen. My apartment wasn't big, one living room, one bedroom, a medium sized kitchen, a small entrance and a very small bathroom. From the kitchen there is a door that leads out to a backstair that goes down to the backyard (I lived on the fourth floor). My first thought was that the knocking came from the stairs back there, that someone in the building had locked themselves out and now wanted to go through my apartment to get to their own place, this had happened before. So I got up and walked into the kitchen - and was met by the sight of my cat's food bowl spinning around in the middle of the floor 1.5 feet from where it usually stood, catfood scattered all over the kitchen floor. My cat came running out from the bedroom and stopped staring at her rogue bowl. I just kneeled down in front of it and thought, "What the freak is going on?" But I wasn't scared, merely perplexed. My cat didn't seem scared either.

A couple of years later I had a boyfriend, he was somewhat more conservative in his ways than I am, not the kind of guy you'd expect to believe in anyhting you couldn't prove. Not saying this to bash, just to explain why I never told him about any going ons in my apartment. I had family and friends I could talk to about this stuff, so it was all fine. However, one morning he told me, that he'd tried to wake me the night before because he was scared s***less, but he couldn't get through to me. I asked why, and he said he'd awakened to see a figure dressed in biking outfit sitting in the corner of my bedroom, near the end of the bed and when he in shock had kicked out after it, a hand had come out through the wall and grabbed for his foot. Remember, I hadn't told him anything, but right there and then, I told him what I had experienced and told him WHY I hadn't told him, and he then said that he believed, in his own apartment he had once seen a girl playing with a ball.

I also had a lot of the more "normal" occurences, like sitting in the sofa, seeing a shadow moving next to my feet, reaching down to pet my cat - just to catch air and seeing my cat sleeping on a chair. It happened a LOT and maybe it was the ghost of my female cat who had died a couple of years before, maybe that was why my other cat - a male - didn't act scared, because he sensed it was a kin, that I loved and that loved me. Don't know, just a guess. I also often felt something jump into my bed at night, only to hear my cat somewhere else in my apartment or have him jump up a few seconds later. So maybe I shared my bed with a living cat and a ghost cat? Nice to think about. My male cat also very often just sat in the middle of the room, looking up and around, as if someone was walking past him, but only very rarely did he act scared, mostly he just seemed curious. And, funnily enough, there was a corner up under the ceiling he often was very interested in.

I also experienced my radio turning off by itself and the on/off button was one you had to push in.

Just a short break: My apartment was, as said, rather small, and I had a lot of books, so I also had bookshelves in the bedroom. Is ome places the books were standing so tight together, that you couldn't just pull out a book easily, you had to pull rather hard. And sometimes I would see, that some of the books, 4 or 5 in a row, had been pushed in a few inches, in a straight line, as if someone had just put his (its?) hand flat on them and pressed. And no, couldn't be the cat, as 1) the books were all the way out to the edge of the shelf, so there was no room for him to stand on and 2) it was 5 feet over floor level.

Years later I had a new boyfriend who said he didn't believe in ghosts and also that he was scared of them (I mean...how? Scared of something you don't believe in?), though I tried to tell him, that more often than not, ghosts are benign. He would change his mind.

One evening we were watching a movie, End of Days with Arnold Schwarzenegger. After we got ready for bed and when we went into the bedroom I looked at my books - and one of them was pulled a few inches up from the shelf, wedged tight between two books. My boyfriend and me just looked at eachother, him scared, me just thinking Whatever. I pushed the book back in place.

Two weeks later the exact same thing happened with the exact same book. That second time I felt a rush of anxiety go through my body. I'm not a believer, but I started to think about another weird connection: the first time it happened we were watching End Of Days, which - as far as I remember - is some devil vs. Archangel thing, and the book that got "lifted" was Paradise Lost by John Milton. Strange indeed. My boyfriend would come home one night a few weeks later when I had already gone to bed, only to discover that that damn book had done the same again! After that third time, it didn't happen anymore.

But there was another night we were watching another movie, curled up in the sofa, when he suddenly froze and said that he thought he saw some dark shadow move in the bedroom. I don't know if it was true, I didn't see it, but I nonetheless got up, walked into the room and said aloud: "Please leave, you are not welcome here." And either it left or it was never there, but it at least didn't bother us.

One night he was talking in his sleep and he mumbled something about that book he needed (he didn't read a lot, it had to be a very gripping book for him to do so) and I told him about it the next morning and he couldn't remember what he had dreamt. Later that day, he came to pick me up from work and while he waited, he looked at some of the books there, and sure enough, it took him all of ten seconds to come over to me with a book, saying, that he had been looking for that exact one for ages. (I know, that is not a ghost occurence, but just a bit weird.)

But the weirdest thing in that apartment must still be this: One day we'd gotten back from buying groceries and as I was carrying them into the kitchen, he went to the bathroom. There was something I needed to ask him, so I went out in the bathroom, just to find it empty. I then looked in the living room and the bedroom (remember, it was a small place, I could virtually see ALL of my apartment from the entrance), but he was gone. I turned around - and saw him in the bathroom. I told him what just happened. He said, "No way, I've been here all the time." I asked, "Did you see me come out there to you?" He said, "No" in a very vague voice.

As I started out by writing, the building was old, so of course a lot of stuff must have happened in it during the times, so no wonder if there was a lot of activity. I can understand the ghosts/spirits/whatever, but my boyfriend disappearing? Makes me wonder if my apartment had some sort of portal or somesuch.

Sorry if it got too long and sorry if some things weren't entirely understandable, English is not my first language and sometimes weird happenings can be hard to explain in a language not your own;) Feel free to ask if there's something you don't understand.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DannX68, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dudethatisparanormal (1 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
screaming "GO TO HELL" is supporting that this ghost hates scremaing ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜†
Crestal126 (74 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Fergie, Rook

I found out more about zozo and apparently he is a clown demon. Still don't know anything more about it but I feel I am being watched now...

I feel like he is Freddy from night mare on elm street ๐Ÿ˜ญ

X looking for " Freddy " that he not here ๐Ÿ˜ญ (I know he fake but I just a kid!) X b b b b b b bye
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Crestal,

There are those individuals who will tell you that ZoZo is the Ouija Board Demon and you should never, under any circumstances use a Ouija Board because sooner or later he will 'get you'.

I was a practicing Witch for many years... It started when I broke from the Church (Raised in both a Roman Catholic (Maternal Grandmothers Church) and a Southern Baptist (Paternal Grandmothers Church) and when I was 12 years old (1979) I broke from all 'organized religion' and followed a Solo path... I was an active, Practicing Witch for 11 years. During this time I studied/used Tarot Cards/Ouija Boards and Candle Magic. All through this time I never heard of this 'Demon'. It was sometime during the mid-1990's that I started hearing stories about this supposed Demon. I have rejoined a Church... So I guess you can say I'm 'Born Again'...but it doesn't change 'what I know'.

The funny thing no one can agree where it's name comes from... Some say its the 'last part of the word...

'Bahzozo'- an ancient malicious spirit from the day of the Babylonian empire.

Other people mention Baal and others... Well let's just say they hold to some pretty wild origins.

Its easy enough to do your own search... Just type ZoZo into the search window and see how many sites come up. Remember to read them with an open mind.

Bottom line is, I think he is all 'HYPE' designed to scare people away from using the Ouija Board and you have nothing to fear because of your nickname.

Thanks for asking.

Respectfully,

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
[at] crestal: Sorry to but in here.
Here in South Africa, if you speak of a "Zozo", most people know that you are referring to a small, pre-fabricated, wooden hut. Many are bought, and used as garden sheds. Sometimes, people actually live in them. So here, zozo is not a scary word.

I apologize, I had to add my 2c worth. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Ohhhh thanks rook you always know what to say, and can you answer this?

What or who is zozo (all I know is that it's a demon) because my name is LIKE that and my nick name is zozo!

Scared out of my brain crestal
Ps I know how to spell crystal ๐Ÿ˜จ
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Crestal,

I believe the O/P did submit more than one 'story' and title them in order. The reason there is no 'other stories' by this poster is because they chose to delete their account and there is 'No Poster' by the O/P's name any longer...

Respectfully,

Rook
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
Hey did you write another story called happenings in my arpartment 2? Because I see it under " story's with similar titles " but there is no "more storys by so and so".
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
All good DragonStorm80, you help me out with certain things and I help you out with others. It works well on this site majority of the time! ๐Ÿ˜Š Going to read the second part shortly! ๐Ÿ˜
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
DARKNESS I was thinking the same thing with the dimensional shift, but you know me I couldn't think of the words ๐Ÿ˜†

There is a second part to this story that was posted last night, I wonder if you have to pay "ghost bond" when you rent a haunted place in case they mess the place up ๐Ÿ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
Wow that is quite strange regarding not seeing your boyfriend, I'm thinking that there may have been some sort of dimensional shift or it may have just been you did not see him by a wall or behing the door maybe? Very strange though it seems that there is quite a bit of activity within the home.

I have noticed your a guest now, shame it would have been good to hear more about this. Thanks anyway.

Dan
magneto095 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
I like to comment about the "weirdest thing" in the story, when you said that your boyfriend is in the bathroom, but then, he's not, turned around to look at him, but when look again to the bathroom, there he is. Maybe, its some sort of disturbance from your mind, because of what happened to you before that (saw a dwarf like entity, "sleep paralysis", etc.) Or maybe, a paranormal entity had disturbed you.

Just a little share. Here in the Philippines, one of the famous haunted sites is the Abandoned Hospital in Clark, Pampanga. I never been there. But according to those who have been there, one of the creepy experience they felt is that, when they try to make their way out of there, seems that they can't find it. They will go to the "exit" way, but will end up in the hospital again. Seems that everything is just "rotating".

Same thing, I think, with your experience. You think that your boyfriend is there in the bathroom, (actually, its really there), but because of that weird thing, you seemed not to see him.

I hope, I had helped.

Thanks for sharing and God bless!:D
And oh, please, also forgive me for my grammatical error, I am not good in English, too, hehe. ๐Ÿ˜Š โค

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: