You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija On The Bus

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija On The Bus

 

This story happened just yesterday, when I was on the bus coming home from school. I was sitting near a couple of my friends, named Dylan, Marissa, Julie, Emma, and Connor. Emma has a real Ouija board at home, but since she couldn't bring it in to school, she had drawn one on a piece of notebook paper and used a gatorade bottle cap as the planchette.

It was pretty crowded in the game because all the girls I named were playing with one finger, so I just watched with Dylan and Connor. The girls were saying "ouija, ouija, 1, 2, 3" and spinning the the bottle cap each time they said a number. They would say, "is there anybody who wants to speak with us?" Most of the time it would work, which confused me, because I have tried with my brother today with our homemade one and it hasn't worked.

Anyway, they also asked "are you a good spirit?" And almost every time it would say yes. The ghosts never stuck around for long. The longest one was very smart. We asked for her name and she started to spell K-A... Julie said, " is that kaitlyn?" The cap went to yes. Then Marissa asked, "who are you sitting next to? Autumn?" The ghost said no. "Me?" The ghost said no. Finally, she asked "dylan?" And the ghost said yes. We got to ask her one final question, which was "how old is out bus driver" because they wanted to see if she was psychic.

The ghost said " 47" sure enough, we asked the bus driver and she was really 47. It was cool, to say the least. Then the ghost moved the planchette to "goodbye" then Julie and Emma moved away so I could try with Marissa. Connor was shouting questions at us to make us laugh (he loves to make people laugh, plus he and I are dating) The ghost spelled out "shut up or die" that really scared me and connor so I closed the board and assured him that he would be fine.

So far he's perfectly ok. But, does anybody know why it worked on the bus, but not at my house? I'm curious. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Autumn105, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Googi (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-21)
if the spirits don't get in your way then why would anyone in this world would. Just leave them alone.
Autumn105 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Wow, it's been awhile since I was here:)

Anyway, thanks to all of you for commenting and warning me. I know you're all going to be frustrated with me, but my friends and I do occasionally use the board. Sometimes not with the same people, though.

Before you say anything, I understand it's not a 'toy'. I may be a teenager but i'm not an idiot, so it's really not funny for those who are trying to scare me (Morgen90210...).

I'm going to be posting another story based on recent events, so watch out for it.:)
Morgen90210 (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
yr friend Conner is in real danger
In fact when the time comes
For him to face the music
Firstly he would be upside down
Second all who were in the bus Will be there to see this happen

As it is
So Will it be
And all of you Will feel
The price of summoning

Only god can intervene
But if only you believe
That dangers lurk behind the shadow
Too late when the price is paid
alynmo (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
A Ouija board will work on a bus or any place as long as there is at least person using it that is able to open doors to the spiritual. Usually this would be a sensitive person, many young people have a short time when they are sensitive like this. Most grow out of it while others like me keep our gifts through out life. When I talk about opening a door that is exactly what you are doing when using a Ouija or spirit board. You are opening doors to other dimensions. What comes out of those doors know nothing about the rules that we live by. The boards have been known to lie and to threaten the board users. They have also been known to tell you the truth of things that you just don't need to know about. This can cause great psychological problems for some board users. If you don't know how to handle what comes out of these doors that your opening you shouldn't be messing around. Please remember this, opening a door can be very easy, closing a door on something that has no rules or laws and doesn't want to leave can be extremely difficult and unfortunately for some, impossible. Your best to not play around with these things.

Namaste
->A<- ❤
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
I have one thing to say to you: STAY AWAY FROM OUIJA BOARDS. You have been warned.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
Autumn105: Sorry but I do not put a lot of stock regarding this experience of yours mainly because of the bus issue.

Just to clarify the Ouija board itself is not evil, it is a tool, and when you do not know how to use a tool properly bad things can happen. If you are unfamiliar with the device do not use it, would you play with electricity without being an electrician? All the best!

Dan
GloriaW (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Autumn 105-stay away from Ouija Boards! I have known numerous people who have used them and they always start out playful and end up two ways: A terrifying experience will occurr or you will end up with a spirit that you are unable to rid yourself of. It is not a "game". Spirits love to follow children/teens as they are more open and vunerable than adults. Please don't play with this. It may seem cool on a school bus, but it won't be when you are alone in the dark! Not to be dramatic but the spirit world is not to be played with.
Blondebitch (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
I have a Ouija board as well I use mine to contact my great gran we love talking on it. Anyway the board might not work because of the power sometimes the power on the board can be too powerful to get in contact with the spirits or too week experiment with different people but don't be silly with the board and whatever you do don't ask it questions about yourself it might make the spirit angry just be careful whatever you do use it wisely. 😉
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
I have noticed the only advice this child is bothering to listen to is that of the other kids who agree with her. Like I said in my earlier post here, I hope she doesn't become 'that kid'. The one who shows up in the next couple of months asking for help ridding herself or her friends of some nasty little attachment they picked up from all this "Playing".

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Why, Why do some many teenagers 'PLAY' with something they do not understand.

First: Whatever made you think a school bus was a 'good place' to attempt to 'PLAY' with a 'homemade Ouija board'?

Second: "Ouija, Ouija, 1,2, 3..." then spin the 'bottle cap'? I have many years of experience and I have never, NEVER heard of this 'format' for using a 'talking board'.

Third: Just because your friend managed to 'cut' himself is more than likely coincidence and he has nothing to fear. Please do not convince yourself otherwise because if you do it will then become a 'problem' as 'mind of matter' can cause may things to 'happen'.

As far as 'it' working on the bus and not at your home... I do not think it worked at either location and you and your friends should stop 'PLAYING' with things you do not understand.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
Looking back on your previous comment, I must warn you that it may just be a small cut now, however he has most likely insulted the spirit. Your friend Connor may be in danger of this getting worse, far worse. If it does he should consider having his house blessed, ect.
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
If you would care to read other Ouiji board stories you would learn almost every experience is negative.

A common thing to happen is a spirit beginning positive, sometimes by pretending to be a deceased loved one. People become literally addicted to using them. The spirit will eventually grow negative, causing almost demonic activity in your house and/or posession. Destroy your homemade board and advise your friend with the actual one to do the same.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
Since when does 'a couple' mean five people?
🤔

Get rid of your homemade Ouija board even if it has not worked, you never know what could come to you through it.
FattyAddie (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Autumn105, just because nothing bad has happened yet, it doesn't mean that it won't. I am new to this site, and this is my first comment, but I am pretty experienced in the paranormal and such. You really shouldn't be "playing" with a ouija board, especially if you are not experienced in it. It basically is a portal, or window if you will, to allow whatever wants to come through it if they choose to do so. You never really know what is coming through... Not everything coming through is a dark energy, but a lot of the time dark energies and disguise themselves to make it look like they are not. You never know what might try to attach itself to you. They are not safe unless you are working on it with someone that is experienced and know what they are doing when opening or closing the board... And even then it can be extreamly dangerous. Seriously think about it the next time you are thinking about working on one. My advice is to just stay completely away from them. You said your self that your friend has been cut but not sure from what. I will admit working with one when I was younger before I actually understood what can come from it, and trust me, and sometimes it isn't pretty. I was lucky enough to have a very close friend of my mom to help me in knowing what to do to make it stop, and ever since then I won't even go near one. But seriously... Be careful
Autumn105 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
I'd also like to add that so far, nothing bad has happened to any of us, although me, julie, and emma meet almost every day to hang out. We usually wind up playing the ouija board, too. The only thing that really had us scared was when connor showed up at the bus stop about a day after the bus incident with a little cut on his wrist. We thought maybe he had done that himself to scare us, but I honestly don't think he did, knowing the type of person he is. He said he just woke up the next day after the incident on the bus with the cut. Thanks for everyone's comments:)
Autumn105 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Tiggah,

Thanks for you input:) what you said does make sense, it could have been them. The only reasons I think it was not are that 1, nobody knew the bus driver's age, we asked her if she had ever told anybody, she said that nobody on the bus knew but herself. 2, we asked it many questions about people's names, what grade they were going to get on their next test, stuff like that. It knew Connor's mom's full name (by that I mean maiden) but connor wasn't even playing and nobody else knew. For the test question, it said emma would get a C on her next test. That surprised us because emma's pretty smart and always gets A's, but sure enough, she got a C on her english test the next day.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
I'm going to have to agree with Dragonstorm80. Busses are notorious for vibration, a moving vehicle driving along filled with students? Yeah, the movement from that is enough to debunk all of this. I also agree with her theory about the energy stolen and needing to be paid back. Don't be that kid who shows up here in the next couple of months begging for help with ridding yourself of some nasty little attachment you got from messing around where you shouldn't. There is a reason all the comments warn you against these foolish practices. You simply need to be grown up enough to know that if this many people agree on this one point that there must be something to it. If you continue to play with fire, you will get burned.

Jav
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Autumn105, I would really, really listen to the people on here giving you advice about the ouijia board. They are experienced people and I would definitely listen to them. Take care x
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
I know back in my days at school that when we were on the bus there was always a lot of vibrations, turning and general motion that perhaps your friends felt was a "spirit" guiding them.

Any type of use of ouija board can have highly dangerous and disturbing consequences, I have a theory that this type of divination is quite intrusive and disruptive to the energies/spirits that get involved, to what their natural course should have been, and because of that, whatever energy is taken or stolen from them, has to be "paid back" in some way.

This in turn I feel ends up typically in a "scary" and or "horrifying" conclusion to the human users of the ouija.

Every action has a reaction.

I remain however completely skeptical about your story.
Tiggah (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
It's obvious why it worked on the bus and not at home. Why would there be a spirit on a school bus? Your friends were obviously moving it to the letters and spelling out the words themselves. =)
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Autumn105,

I would like to state that if you do not understand something like the paranormal do not try to contact spirits because you need proper protection from anything that comes out of the board. I am not saying that every spirit that speaks through the board is a "demon" but the board does create a widow for such spirits to enter our plain of existence and just because you and your friends used the makeshift board on the bus does not mean that the spirit would stay there it could have followed you or anyone else home.

I believe that you should not use a spirit board because you could have picked up something that is not friendly.

Whitewolf,
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Autumn105, you are a teenager and you don't know much about Ouija Boards. It doesn't work sometimes but it is quite dangerous. I have had my own share of bad experiences on Ouija besides seen others suffer after using it. That is not a board to play with because we don't know what is in store from the other side. So don't play Ouija and never try it. I keep on telling this to any story related to Ouija because I feel and many in this site know that Ouija Boards are not toys and play things and it is better that we should avoid it. Thats my advise to you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
PeachyPumpkins000 (16 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
To be honest with you, I have never understood much about ouija boards, but all I can tell you is that maybe there is no spirit in your your house or you and your brother are not doing it thecorrectly... Sorry if my comment didn't help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: