You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Is Watching Me Sleep?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is Watching Me Sleep?

 

I am a 19 year old girl and I have been able to communicate with ghosts since I was little.

When I lived with my mom in Delaware at the age of 3 or 4, we had two ghosts that lived in my house. It was a grandmother and grandson. If someone was cooking in the kitchen, the grandmother would sweep through the kitchen and cabinets would open and spice would fly out. The front door which was right next to the stove would open and shut. The house we lived in was a two story house and I had to sleep downstairs with my parents. At night you could hear someone running up and down the stairs. Even though everyone was downstairs. I could see the boy and he and I were inseparable. His name was Bobby.

People would come over and we would tell them our house was haunted and when people wouldn't believe us, I would sit in one room and throw a ball into another. The ball would always roll back because Bobby would throw it back. I could be seen walking around with my hand out like I was holding someone hand. I would talk to him all day. I wish I could remember what he looked like. I think I was too young to be able to remember that. One day when I was five, Bobby and I were playing barbies and he didn't want to play anymore so I told him to go away and I never saw him or the grandmother again.

I am now living in South Carolina with my dad and his girlfriend. I have been here a month and since I have been here so many things keep happening. The first time I noticed anything was a week after I moved in. I was laying in bed and the wall that my bed was on is a connector to the room next to mine which no one stays in. We use it for storage. At night I would hear scratching and slow knocking. Other times I would hear people walking around in there or I would just hear loud footsteps and I would go out to see if my dad is up, but he isn't. I also hear a couple having a conversation. It's a man and woman. I heard it once when no one was home except for me. I would only hear it at night.

A week after this I was laying in bed watching a movie on my laptop and I was falling asleep. Until I feel a lean in the bed next to me. Like someone had just laid down next to me. It was so cold. I turned away from it and tried to imagine it wasn't happening. Then it warmed up and was gone. It lasted like 2 minutes.

I've had times where I would be laying in bed and it would feel like someone just took their hand and slapped the bed. One day I was walking out of my room and my fan just flew off of the table it was sitting on. I wasn't even near it when it did it and it flew a good few feet.

Another week later I was laying in bed and I usually sleep with a pillow under my knees. I had my sheet over my face and I was texting when I feel someone sit down on the corner of the pillow under my knees and felt them on the bed. For a second I thought it was dad, but my dad ALWAYS knocks before he enters my room and his girlfriend doesn't come in my room at all. I was freaked out, but I just closed my eyes and prayed until I went to sleep. This happened at exactly 3 am.

Last night I was sitting on the couch in my room and then from under my bed I hear plastic rustling. I have plastic on the box spring and it just started rustling and making noise. It was very slow. *rustle* 1 2 *rustle* 1 2 *rustle* it would do that for a minute then stop but it would start again another minute later.

I've been reading not to give spirits any communication back because you don't now what you're communicating with. When it was rustling my bed, I thought I'd try to just tell it to leave me alone. To go away. It rustled a couple more times and then stopped. I just want whatever this is to go away. It's just scaring me and I want to be able to sleep in my room and not be worried about what is in the room next to me or worrying if I'm going to see it. I can't walk into my room at night without feeling like someone is watching me. I constantly have to look over my shoulder because I feel like something is always standing a few feet behind me. I can't relax because it's always watching me. I think it loves causing me to squirm. I think it enjoys it.

Please help me. I just want to be able to breathe again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, berkley715, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Yummystuff101 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
Wait don't listen to what I said before because the message befor my other message might be right just pretend it does not exist any more. Or something like that
Yummystuff101 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
I really love your story
Try to communicate in a nice way
Maybe if it does something in the day try throwing a little ball and c if it throws back. Give that a try but say want to play with me first so it won't think your trying to hurt it and do some investigations and stuff 😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
I do believe that you are attracted to spirits and these incidents do prove it. One explanation that came to mind for noise under the bed incident could be that your bed is on the side of the wall where the vent is on the floor. Could the air from vent cause the crackling sound?

Other than that I suggest Rook's cleansing method.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
I'm sorry I vented my "3 am" frustrations on you Berkley. I do believe your reports are truthful and accurate to the best of your recollection and that you have had genuine paranormal encounters.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
I was with you on everything except this 3 am business. There's really no such thing as "exactly" 3 am unless, perhaps, you happen to have an atomic clock. And even then, you have to assume a highly localized phenomenon like time (which plenty of physicist question the very existence of) and it's human-created measurement system have some kind of objective bearing on the "spirit" world. In short, 3 am is nothing but a tired old cliche. If a specific occurrence is indeed happening at about 3 am each time, I doubt it's of any significance in the grand scheme of things except that perhaps if this is residual energy then whomever it is had a habit of going to bed late and used to sit on the corner of his bed before he got in it.
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
I too draw spirits and I have learned that usually they just want your attention, want you to know they still exist. Right when you are experiencing an episode just tell it that you realize it is there and to please leave you alone and have no more communications with you. Say it out loud and very firmly. If this dosen't work and you still have more communications then do the cleansing. Usually speaking to them and telling them to leave me alone works. Good luck with this, it actually is a gift and if you can gain composure over your feelings when an entity is communicating, you can use the gift to your advantage. Just try to conquer that fear that we all experience when we know something paranormal is around. It sounds like it listened to you when you were small, when you said for it to leave you alone. It can work again.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
Sounds to me like you are attracting that sort of energy to you because you are sensitive to and aware of it. Even though it is harder said than done, try not to be afraid. Rook's cleansing method is a very good one in my opinion. Hope it helps and please keep us updated. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: