You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Worst Experienced In My Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

My Worst Experienced In My Childhood Home

 

The house I grew up in, my parents' current home, is haunted. Most of the activity that has occurred happened mostly when I was little. My dad is the one that has experienced paranormal activity the most; my mother a close second catching glimpses of entities as they were walking into other rooms. My older brother and I haven't had many experiences other than hearing a few things. I remember being a small child and seeing someone peek around the corner at me, and it wasn't a person that I knew, but that didn't bother me. However, one experience happened to me a little over six years ago that I will never forget.

It was in the summer of 2006... I was home for the summer from university, and it was also a few months after my grandfather had passed away. So, one night, I'm in my bedroom at my parents' house, and I notice a large spider on my wall. I don't know about anyone else, but if there's a spider in my bedroom, I cannot sleep, I have to know where the little beast is. Anyway, after a long standout with the spider, it finally fell off the wall, and, somehow ended up squished a few feet away on the floor from where it had fallen, which I found to be quite odd.

That finally ended around 5AM, and I went into my bathroom to get ready for bed. I had just closed the bathroom door, when there was a loud banging on that door. I figured it was my dad letting me know he was up and was putting the dog outside. I opened the door to acknowledge it, and the hallway was dark, and my parents were asleep (there's no one else in the house except for us). This is when my legs turned into jelly, and I ran to my parents' bedroom, threw their door open, and woke them up with the commotion I had made. I was terrified after that had happened. I could never use the restroom in the middle of the night for about 2 years; and when I did, I had to leave the door partly open. Even now, when asked to house sit, I'm hesitant, but I do it anyway; I just make sure there's a TV on and plenty of lights on so I don't feel too alone.

My dad tried to debunk the incident by saying it could have been the dog's tail wagging and hitting the door. I disagree with him; she was asleep, her tail couldn't move that fast, and I had startled her when I ran out the bathroom door. So what could it have been? I would like to find that out... Maybe.

There have been other things that have gone on in my parents' house while I was growing up. My dad says he sees things in the house still. I've haven't heard anything recently, but that was the scariest thing I've experienced. I don't think that could have been my grandfather because I know he wouldn't scare me. And, my dad's friend said he experienced something very similar in that same bathroom many years before, and everyone was outside.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mylenium, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mylenium (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
SineadKatShakespeare: Agreed, there's definitely something in the house. My mom told me that she randomly goes throughout the house with holy water and says that if there are any bad spirits, that they have to leave. I was kind of startled when she said that only because it solidifies what goes on.

Shell1982: I would have thought the same thing, but the dog was asleep, and I saw her go from a laying down position to jumping on all 4 feet when I startled her. I did debunk something my brother had claimed to hear, though. He said that he would hear scratching on the wall that separates our old bedrooms. I found out that was my cat, clawing at the part of the wall where the door and the wall meet.

Thank you both for your input.:)
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
I used to hear a door downstairs rattling violently and terrifyingly in the night when I lived with my dad. After it happened about 5 times and I had become utterly petrified of it, the ghost was finally laid: it was the dog leaning against the (closed) kitchen door while scratching himself. He did it once during the day when someone was watching him and it made the same noise. It was a eureka moment. I'll bet ANYTHING that's what happened. That's why the dog was startled when you ran out of the bathroom - she had been leaning on the door when you opened it.
SineadKatShakespeare (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
I'm not 100% sure this is an evil entity, persay, but I don't believe it's your grandfather, partially because of your comment that he wouldn't scare you, and also partly because you said your dog was asleep. I would have instantly gone with that to be honest, like newhunter30, but I do think you have experienced some paranormal activity in your house. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but maybe you should get someone in to perform a cleansing spell if it's bothering you.
Mylenium (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
The only history I know of the house is that it used to be on an orchard; it's in a big metropolitan city, so it's not like it's on a quiet piece of land anymore. That makes sense because when my mom says she sees spirits, she sees a man in working clothes and boots walking into bedrooms.

My dad sees spirits at the foot of the bed; he's seen someone walk through the wall in the master bathroom; and he even saw my grandfather - his dad - appear to him in the house, but that was because my dad was having a hard time dealing with his death.

I doubt the spirit that pounded on the door was my grandfather, particularly because my dad's friend experienced the same thing when I was a lot younger. So maybe it's residual?

I don't feel threatened by anything, I just don't like being alone in that house especially overnight; but that incident was different than anything else.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
Also I wouldn't rule out your grandfather because it does not seem like you know for sure whatever it was was attempting to scare you.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
It is hard to give you an answer as to what it could be short of a spirit. I believe we would all like to hear more of what has happened in the house that way we could have something to go off of to help you. Simply saying something banged on the door is not enough to narrow down what could have caused it, my 1st thought was the dog but if she asleep I'm not sure what to tell you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: