You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Moving Alarm Clock

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Alarm Clock

 

My daughter and I have, as of today, lived in our duplex for a year now. Living by myself terrifies me in general, but nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened. My fears are more along the lines of burglars and home invasion than ghosts. The past couple of weeks though, when my alarm clock goes off, I will get up to turn it off and it will be moved over to the middle of the dresser and turned around backwards. A few times I thought I may have gotten up and thought I turned it around, thinking I turned it off, and go back to sleep. I sleep really hard so that would not be unusual for me to sleep through the alarm sound.

So after this going on now for a few weeks, I asked my ex-husband about it last night while he was over visiting with our daughter. He is Indian and takes this type of stuff very serious. He suggested that since it is only moving when the alarm goes off (Monday through Friday), that maybe the bells on top are moving it around. So we turned it on and went outside with our daughter. We let if go off for awhile to see if the bells banging around on top were making it move around. When we came in, it was still on but on the other side of my laptop and turned around backwards. The bells banging it around made sense, but not over a laptop.

Now I do not really believe in ghosts or spirits, but seeing my ex-husband freak like he did, really scared me. I have never seen that man freak out over anything! So I am starting to wonder why this is doing it now. We have lived there a year, and in that year I have had this same alarm clock.

Has anyone else had odd little things like this happen? And is it something to really worry about or just something I should try to look past? My ex-husband says he needs to burn sage in the house, but if this is all that is going on, should I consider that?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alarmscared, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Thanks for the explanation Rook! 😁
I really appreciate it... 😊
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-08)
Yes, I agree with the sage too. I also agree with a camera set up to record the clock going off, being in the room with the clock would not allow the spirt, if it is a spirit, to mess with the clock.
If it is a spirit it may draw more spirits into your hoouse. They tend to do this.
Phenonwrestler [at] sbcglobal.net
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
I would try the same experiment but with a video camera set up to capture the movement. If there's a lot of vibration being generated, I could see it manoeuvring itself around an object such as a laptop without any paranormal assistance.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
I don't know... I am envisioning one of these big alarm clocks with the bells on top that do move a lot when they go off. I used to have one of these and I had to literally slam down on the top of it to get it to shut off and quit jumping around. However, that doesn't mean your alarm clock is similar to that one.

Is the alarm clock in the same position when you see it... Always facing backwards in the same position?

Thanks, zeta.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
I would give burning sage a shot. As far as being frightened, aside from your ex husbands reaction, what exactly frightens you? Has it tried to hurt you? Scare you? Or otherwise give you any indication that "it" is there to harm you, other then messing with your alarm clock? If you are extremely concerned, then perhaps using Rook's cleansing method might be worth looking in to. Good Luck to you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Blackmoonmage,

A duplex is a 'two family home'. They have separate entrances, share a common wall but are two separate 'apartments'. A couple of examples follow...

Http://www.thebluffs.org/DuplexFloorPlan/

Http://villagehavenvt.com/homes/chittenden-floorplan.html

Sage: Is a very wise 'old man' or... And what they are referring to in these comments is... An herb used for 'burning/smudging' by American Indians, Pagan's and Wiccan's to aid in cleansing an environment of negative energy and/or spirits.

Http://sageandsmudge.com/

Http://www.taosherb.com/store/smudge_sweet.html

Hope that helps.

Respectfully,

Rook
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
May I ask what is a duplex and a sage? And by the way, how did exactly the alarm clock move? Sorry but I can't understand your explanation about it. 😢

Respectfully,
Blackmoonmage20
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Hello friend, that is a nice pen name you have got for yourself. Coming to the narration, it is really good. But like what Rook and Sixpoints suggested, set the alarm and watch it. That would throw more light on these aspects. Also, maintain a journal including date, time of these happenings. The clock being on the other side of the laptop, well if your ex is an Indian, I understand his getting freaked out. But I feel that there is something in your home and why don't you use Rook's way of cleansing, if you are really scared of your clock and if there is anything negative entity present, it would definitely drive it away. Try to dig out history of the place, if it is possible like inquiring with the neighbours etc. Please keep us posted of any further developments and information. It may give us more inputs for suggesting rectification, if necessary. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
A cleansing is never a bad thing... But I have a question, how old is your daughter (this might play into things IF something is really happening).

I have to agree with Sixpoints... Set up the alarm... Let it ring and watch it, see if it moves while the alarm is going off.

Another thing to do is start a Journal... Write about any 'odd' things happening around your home. This helps when it comes to retelling the event or looking into what may have caused the experience.

Thanks for sharing,

Rook
Sixpoints (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
Would it not make more sense to stay in the room and watch the clock, as oppose to leaving and not witnessing what't going on? 😲
truebelever (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
yes. I'm native american and when something happens in my house my dad always burns sage.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: