You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Shadows

 

I thought I would share my experience with you. I mean, I don't really know if the explanation for this was anything paranormal or maybe just my imagination. Who knows.

For some reason I never feel safe. I constantly feel as though I am being watched. I don't know if the reason for this is because of maybe something that happened when I was younger or maybe it's just me.

Normally I hear bangs or scratches on the walls; I thought it could just be the house itself making the noises. Nothing really happens a lot when I am in the house, just things I see in the corner of my eye: shadows, masses, etc.

One of the nights when I was lay in my bed watching television I must have fallen asleep, but that night I was more restless than normal. I was waking up every hour or so for no reason at all, which was rather annoying as I felt extremely tired afterwards.

I woke up that night, my television was turned off, I turned my lamp on (the switch was right beside my bed) and for no reason at all I felt the need to sit up and look in front of me, so I did. In front of me was a young girl with long brown hair. She had brown eyes, and pale skin. She was wearing a white hospital/night gown and a short black cardigan. She also had a white bonnet on top of her head. I am not sure, but from the look of her she was dressed almost like a Victorian school girl or a Victorian girl who had been in hospital. I looked at her for what seemed like forever. Not one of us moved, we just stared into each other's eyes. I looked at my clock which read 3:30am then looked back at her. She was still there. It was the weirdest thing I have ever encountered. Even though I knew she was there, I didn't feel the slightest bit scared. In fact, it almost felt normal that she was there.

When I stood up to walk towards her she slowly disappeared. I still didn't feel the slightest bit scared, which isn't really like me. I get scared quite easily, ha-ha. Anyway, what I found most weird about all this is the fact I just walked away and went back to bed like nothing happened.

A few weeks later, I had my ear-phones plugged into my laptop because I had been listening to music earlier in the day and had switched the music off but didn't take my ear-phones out of my ears. I was on a chat site talking to friends then I heard a female voice in my ear-phones. It said one word, but I couldn't really make out what it was saying, it didn't sound English. At that moment my first instinct was to check my laptop to see if anything had popped up (adverts or attachments etc.) yet nothing had popped up. I was thinking to myself if only it would speak again so I can get a second chance to work out what it sounded like. About 1 minute later it said it again. I tried to put the sounding together. It sounded like either "Kindeke" or "kind" and to find out what this meant I had to use a translator. According to the translator this meant "infant." Although I am not sure if this is correct but it did fit in to everything else. I also feel as though someone is sat at the end of my bed at night or stood watching me just like the girl was.

I told my parents, closest friends and grandparents about all that had happened. My parents listened to every word but I can tell they don't really believe in ghosts/entities/demons etc, nor did my closest friends. I mean, yeah, it must sound kind of crazy but not if you believe in the spiritual after-life. My granddad was the only person who believed me about all this, as he too has claimed to have had some unexplainable goings on.

Other hauntings by Mystery_Girl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mystery_Girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mystery_Girl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I've searched the internet and different books to try and find out if there were any old buildings around the area that my house was built on, yet the only information I seem to be getting is that my house was just originally built on farm-land and hasn't been anything other than that.

I was thinking maybe 'she' was a resident in a building that the houses were built on and is just a lingering spirit in her former home. Yet when I found out it was only farm-land and there was no record of it being anything else, I think my grandad has a point by saying 'If she was real, maybe she was just passing through'. It has been said that spirits tend to pass through different places and sometimes try to get in contact for help.

Thank you all so much for your comments, I really appreciate it.
regi375 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
Hey mysterygirl,
What I would do is find out about previous owners and their children. Also check the morgue records around the time you thought her clothing was from. Once you do this tell me what you found out, if anything at all. Then I would help cross her over. She would be a lot happier there. You don't have to look into the house history and morgue records, only if your curious. If you want to help her cross over send me an email at andlike.pie375 [at] gmail.com

It just a simple prayer, and if you don't believe in God then just believe that it will work. Thanks for writing this.
Mystery_Girl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
Thank you for your comment.
This has helped a lot with understanding what the word means, and I think you may be right about my state around the girl.

Like I said on my previous comment, I have tried to communicate with the girl just by simply shouting out, asking who she is, what she's here for, asking her to show her self, but unfortunately I got no response.

I'm glad you found this experience fascinating, and to be honest, so did I. 😊
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-06)
Amazing...

In South Africa we have a language called 'Afrikaans' which derives from German and Dutch and "kind" means child, so maybe you heard correctly because you did say it was a little girl.

I find your experience so fascinating because you said you never feel safe and yet this little ghost girl didn't give you the spooks. To me it sounds like you were almost in a trance-like state when you got up and walked towards her.

I have no advice because I don't think you really need it other than to maybe try and communicate with her, but thanks for the post.

Just wanted to verify the meaning of 'kind'
😁
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
[at] Isandhu

I actually had that happen once, too. But with three different ads at once, with nothing at all pulled up on my desktop. I remember freaking right the heck out, going "ITS TALKING TO ME WHAT THE HECK." I couldn't at first tell what was being said because it was so garbled!

Computers can act real freaky sometimes.
Mystery_Girl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
Thank you for your comment. A few small things have happened in the few months since i've seen her, such as doors opening on their own when i'm sat 'alone' in the house, shadows and masses appearing for slight seconds then fading away, and mumbled whispers. Pretty much just things like that. I have tried to contact the 'girl' just by simply shouting out, asking who she is, what she's here for, asking here to show her self, but unfortunately I got no response. My grandad has suggested that if she was real and if she was there, she could have only been passing through. 😊
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
My computer has taken to playing random advertisements even when there are no apparent active programs or anything running. It's quite annoying and sometimes makes me jump in my seat as it will come out of nowhere. Sometimes it's just a second or two, sometimes it goes on for a while. It must be a virus of some sort although I've tried all the disc maintenance and clean up options and they don't seem to help. It's hard to hear the ads properly at times as the volume seems to be garbled when this occurs. This could explain the noise from you headphones. The sighting is a little harder to explain away, especially as she did not "vanish" when you looked away and back, which makes it seem less likely it was just a trick of vision. It's not that surprising you reacted as you did. I'm a scaredy-cat too, but the mind reacts to extreme strangeness differently and also perhaps subconsciously you knew there was nothing to fear. A young girl is fairly innocuous as night-time visions go, although there are lots of scary young girls in horror movies. Perhaps you can try to figure out who she might be. Let us know if you see her again.
Mystery_Girl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Thank you all so much for your comments, it has helped a lot, I guess there are a lot of explinations for my experiences, especially the voice in my headphones. I did also consider the sighting being sleep paralysis, however, I don't normally remember all details off my dreams, only a few small details whereas with this 'sighting' I remember every little bit of information, from descriptions of the way she looked right to the time and place.

Please keep posting your thoughts, it helps me a lot 😊
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
If it happens again, double check that the sound isn't just interference coming from an ad for 'Kinder Bueno' or something through the internet. I've had an experience like that happen when I've been on a site, from out of nowhere a voice began to speak to me and it appeared to be just interference from somebody, but seeing her is a totally different thing. My experience, too, came from just after waking up. And the apparition I saw (of two girls playing) earlier this year could have been something paranormal or it could have been perhaps a dream state still lingering in my brain (about a dream that I couldn't recall, even back then when it happened). You did mention that when you started moving it began to fade, when you moved, could an increase in circulation in your body have taken your brain out of a lingering dream state? It can be very good to consider the rational possibilities as much as the paranormal ones. 😊
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Hi Mystery Girl, in a native language in South Africa: Afrikaans, the word "kind", means "child"... So that could be the little girl? Xx
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Mystery Girl, I feel that this may be your guardian spirit. Well, as far as paranormal is concerned, not many people believe it. So don't be disheartened about it. Even one of my best friends doesn't believe in paranormal but the events happening around made him to contact me. Well that is a different story as such. The word 'kind' means probably it is trying to tell you that you are kind and she is kinder to you. Well, in a paranormal encounter, it is always the first and foremost thing is that we should believe in our gut feeling. If in your first encounter, if you have not any feeling of getting scared that it means, in all probability, not a harmful spirit. As a said before, I have a feeling that it might be your guardian spirit. Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Mystery_Girl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Thank you for your comment,
I'm not really sure what language it was, and I couldn't work out the ending of the word, I knew the first part was 'kind' but the end sounded as if it was mumbled.

As you said about the chocolate, this could be possible and also like you said, she could even be English. I am the youngest girl in the house as I have no siblings, so maybe. 😊
Kevinizer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Is that girl German?

The brand "Kinder" is a chocolate candy brand for kids. It's called Kinder because in German language, Kinder means kid. OR that girl is English, and she just said kind to say that she thought you were a kind person.

You have to understand that if you're the youngest girl in the house, this small girl will feel positive about you, as she could relate to you as an older friend or even older sister. Maybe that's why you keep feeling a presence, because this small girl probably appreciates you which is why she is always sticking around. Considering that things are going fine at your house, I guess there is nothing you'd need to change, for all is fine. Unlike what movies like to show, infant spirits tend to be very kind. Never heard about an infant spirit being bad in real life. Stupid movies.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: