You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Touched In Egypt

Real Ghost Stories

Touched In Egypt

 

Recently I traveled to Cairo, Egypt to visit and enjoy the country and it's history that dates back thousands of years. My intention was to stay only a few short weeks at a hotel, however; I extended my stay for a month and rented an apartment that happened to be near Tahrir Square where thousands of protests where taking place because of a movie that attacked Islam's prophet Muhammad. The apartment I was living in was a very old 10 story building that dated back many years. I was given a key to the very top floor with a balcony that over looked the city.

One day, I arrived back at my apartment after a day of site seeing and decided to read some scipture from a bible based book that I had downloaded to my phone. It was pre-dawn and still quite dark outside. During this time, I heard the local mosque open prayer over the loud speaker. I was quite used to the call of prayer in Egypt, so I continued reading when I felt something stroke my hair. I felt it was odd, but did not think much more of it. Fifteen minutes passed when I felt a strange presence and then a strong hand grab my right shoulder.

I was VERY frightened at that point as I KNEW it had to have been a spirit or ghost. I had always believed in the paranormal but had NEVER experienced a presence or someone touching me. Needless to say, I left the apartment that evening and never returned. A few weeks have passed since this encounter and I am now back in the United States. Although I am not scared like I was while in Egypt, I still get the chills when I think about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RLT, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

debris (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-25)
the azaan, the call to prayer, had a great impression on your mind. Maybe you got transported to an astral plane or maybe a muslim holy one materialised due to the effect of the azaan on your psyche. Just a theory. 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
[at] godfearing1,

New in town? Haven't had a chance to catch up on your reading lately?
Try reading the guidelines you had to agree to just to become a member. I find that when we have overly emotive folks, such as yourself, come in and start throwing the weight of God around, that they simply are not aware they are breaking the rules. And if they are aware that they are committing this infraction, then they must truly be sinners.
Just like all of us... 😊

Jav

Go find a job and quit trying speak for the creator.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-05)
RLT,
First of all, I envy you that trip. I would love to go there for the history, the museums, the Nile River, everything and everywhere. I have an unending fascination for all that is Egypt.
It would scare me as well to be physically touched like that. When you think of the energy it must take for that to occur, or the experience of the spirit that did the touching, it is a frightening thought. I don't think I could have cut my trip short over it, but I wasn't there and it didn't happen to me. Move to another room? I would like to think I would stay put, if only to capture some sort of evidence of activity. However, I don't know if I could ever get to sleep after that either.
There is simply so much we don't know.
Thank you for sharing,

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: