You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Water

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Water

 

It was minutes before midnight, I went to the kitchen to get my partner who's pregnant a glass of water. I walked out without turning any lights on, I've never been one to be afraid of the dark I always walk around in the dark. But when I got to the kitchen I turned one light on to see what I was doing.

As I was in the kitchen fetching my partner the glass of water, I turned around to put the ice away in the freezer and also switched the kitchen light off.

As I turned back to grab the glass of water off the bench I then went to walk off towards the hallway to the bedroom, I got a fright from a really dark shadow figure approaching me quickly. It appeared to be a girl approximately 5 foot tall, could make out hair down to the shoulders possibly further and arms, I could only see the top half of it with no details visible.

I thought it was my partner and I took a step back because I was frightened and said "babe" in a bold voice. The shadow figure kept walking towards me from the hallway about ten meters away and was about one meter away from me before I realized it wasn't my partner.

I then felt a cold, rushing sense of fear around me and then it seemed like the shadow crouched down and faded behind the kitchen bench. I stood still in the darkness holding the glass of water for about 30 seconds before slowly turning the light on and going back to our room to find my partner in bed.

The shadow was clear as day to me even though there wasn't a light on. I was so certain of what I saw and it's kept me up all night researching and worrying. My partner and I think it was a shadow entity or shadow person but would really like some insight or advice. Before this incident I wouldn't say I was a believer but now I'm a lot closer and I don't know whether to be frightened or not. Please help with advice.

Thank you

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Can anyone shed some light?

Has anyone experienced this before?

What does this mean?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nicholasCB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

alexandria_b (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Pretty creepy cool stuff. I wouldn't worry about it, ghosts I've encountere are usually pretty peaceful. Don't be paranoid. Normally shadows appear when someone is expecting a child for it may be the child in the futur or it's a shadow that wil look after your child;) I wouldn't worry about it.
MoonlightShadows (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-11)
Wow, pretty freaky stuff. It's strange because I always hear stories like this one whilst someone is pregnant... I'm not quite sure what it means
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-09)
That's very spooky, I saw a lot of odd things when I was pregnant, not sure what it is about pregnant women that attracts ghoulies and ghosties! Bravo to you for getting your partner a glass of water in the night, make sure to not let her get freaked out about this as she needs to keep nice and calm for that little baby. Thanks for sharing and good luck x
haunted4ever (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-08)
P.S I would contact a local historian and the taxation dept to start digging into the history of the property. It has also been my experience that children/ pregnant women are more inclined to be spiritual magnets for reasons I am unsure of.
Good luck! 😊
haunted4ever (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-08)
Ahhh, yes the shadow people... I have seen them many times. I believe Spirits move at a faster "vibration" than we do, and in my opinion, this is why sightings of these creatures are usually brief or seen in your peripheal vision. Shadow people are blacker than the darkness, and I believe them to be "messengers" at least in my experience, they seem to appear before some important event, or trauma, at least for me they do. I have never been harmed by one, just startled sometimes.
nicholasCB (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-07)
Also my parents built this house in the year 2000 and we've been the only people who've lived here, how do you suggest I go about researching the land history?
nicholasCB (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-07)
Thanks all, ill keep you posted. No encounters as of yet.

Nicholas,
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-07)
Seems like once she noticed you, she hid. I wouldn't be worried since she seemed afraid of you. Check out history of the house and let us know.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
Hello nicholasCB, I suggest that you do some investigation about the house you are living currently. Further, why don't you just try one more time or continuously for some more days if this entity shows up to you especially from the hallway to kitchen. Please maintain a journal of events, the date, time, the frequency, probably that would tell you if it is a residual one or not. I also feel that it is harmless but with your partner pregnant, it is better to be careful. God be with you. Nice narration and thanks for sharing. If you have any further encounters and if you do make some research, please post it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
As far as I have read, you are the first writer who had written about just one incident and mentioning genuinely as 'worrying and researching' throughout the night out of fear and confusion of who that shadow might be! In most of the stories, its like "I saw a shadow- ignored it/forgot about it",,or like "I saw 'something'- ignored it/forgot it",,and finally after 4-5 incidents, would come to think something 'paranormal' of it. 😐

I can understand that its really a worrying thing for you to have seen such a thing in your home, when your partner is pregnant. It might be like someone said somebody close to your partner to 'check' her well-being.But it might be something not-so harmless also-I think there's no harm in being careful and protective of your partner and yourself. I don't know which faith you follow, but in my faith, we do wear something 'protective' in the form of a locket/chain with our God's picture in it-believing it will shield you from all kinds of negative energies and of course it does.

Take care of yourselves!

Take care!
Pragatizoop (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
But still a strange, weird unknown thing like that in your house, agree with Isandhu. Check out the background of your home properly
falling_feathers (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
I wouldn't be afraid of her. You have to remember most of the time they're just people. Like Isandhu said she might not even be aware of you at all. I wouldn't worry about her unless she hangs around & starts causing trouble.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-06)
nicholasCB,

I agree with lsandhu, the entity might just be some residual energy within the home or from the land that you are on. The entity could also be a family member of your partner that was just checking in on the both of you.

Godfearing1,

Not all spirits that are shadows are demons it all depends on how much energy the spirit can obtain to manifest itself. Also demons walk the earth to torment the living and in this situation I do not see any evidence that the entity is a demon.

Whitewolf,
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-05)
It does not sound like a stereotypical "shadow person" encounter. Shadow people are usually seen out of the corner of the eye, have no discernable physical features and disappear quickly. I suppose it could have been residual (i.e. Not a presence but a mere recording of a previous happening), but it sounds like too much energy for that given the length of the encounter and the cold, rushing sense of fear you described. That would leave an intelligent haunt as a possibility. Still, I wouldn't assume she was rushing at you or directing any negativity at you personally. She may have been operating wholly in her own space and not even aware of your presence. Unless you continue to have encounters I'm not sure what to suggest other than perhaps investigating the background of your home. Let us know what you find.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: