You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board And The Teddy Bear

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board And The Teddy Bear

 

About a month ago my 3 friends and I tried our own Ouija board and we contacted a few different people. We thought it was really fun and nothing bad happened at first. We thought every spirit we talked too was only wanting to chat.

About a week after doing it, we started hearing some funny noises at our flat but just assumed it was other flatmates getting up and going to the toilet. We asked the other flatmates about the noise and they all said none of them had been getting up. Soon after the noise got more intense and we would hear footsteps going past our bedroom doors down the hallway and into the bathroom and sometimes it would even open the bathroom door and close it again. Obviously we started to get worried about it as we are all only 18 and none of us have ever experienced something like this before, although when I was younger I did used to see a lady that used to follow me around a bit.

One night we were all asleep and at about 5.30am my friend came into my room and said that while she was sleeping, she felt something holding her down and she couldn't roll over. Then her shoes were moved across the floor and 2 cans of drink that were on her floor got pushed over. When she finally could move again, she got up to come into my room and her door was locked. We sat up until around 9am and finally went back to sleep for a while.

Then things stopped for a bit and we thought it might have been over but just at the start of this week we seen a little teddy bear sitting outside by the mailbox but we just left it there as it seemed to be a young kid's toy. We didn't really think much of it but thought it was quite creepy.

The next day we noticed the teddy was sitting upstairs next to our rooms in a room that is just full of storage. We asked all the other 4 flatmates and none of them had moved it inside. Then me and 2 of my friends were sitting in one of our rooms one night and I went to the toilet and everything was fine. I came back and then my friend Jaimee went to the toilet and the teddy was sitting right outside her door. No one had been up to move it as it was about 11pm. We didn't sleep all night.

The next day I put the teddy back in the room then Jaimee threw it in the big rubbish bin outside. About 4 hours later at around 11pm we went downstairs to make some food and the teddy was back inside and sitting on the kitchen table.

We have not had anything bad happen since then but are still hearing noises at night. It's starting to affect our sleeping pattern and the other flatmates are starting to think we are being over the top about it all. We have no idea what to do and just really hope it goes away soon.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dannybouma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

moonokami (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
Er, now I would NEVER touch a Ouija board, EVER IN MY LIFE! Seeing that the teddy can't have anything to do with the board... BURN THE THING! Sorry for rudeness, just expressing what I would do. I would light it on fire and watch it burn and no, I am NOT a pyromaniac. 😉 I simply think it is as scary as crap.
kittybatch (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
ouija boards are never a good idea. Most stuff usually goes away if you burn the board or maybe you forgot to say good bye after playing
cmx5 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-19)
Ouija boards are scary! I lived with a friend once who while digging in the garden found a piece of the triangle thing (not sure of the proper word) he thought it was cool and brought it in the house, for a week he swore he heard kids playing at night and crayon drawings started appearing on the walls and window sills (the only child in the house was my 3 month old daughter) ... Needless to say he buried it back where he found it but all of us had a hard time sleeping after that... I don't do ouija boards!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
dannybouma, I have told many times in this site that Ouija Board is not a game board and should not be treated as one. You can't even say that you played Ouija to have fun. It should be that you had a Ouija Board session and if you have not closed the session properly, things like this could happen. Take the advise of Rook and try it one last time as he has suggested and nothing more. The teddy bear affair, I don't think it is related to Ouija. After the session is over, please don't meddle with that Board. Ouija Boards can be a gateway to enter our physical world and that is what would have exactly happened in your case. Anyway, please be guided by the advise Rook has given and try to close the session properly. Keep us posted of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
The teddy was thrown out, then reappeared. Now where is it? Back in your flat? How's about you rip it up or burn it up, safely somehow? It would be difficult for Teddy to come back then. Unless a prankster bought multiples of the same bear.
Nard666 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
i seriously suggest you throw that ouija board away asap its not a game.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
I'm going to agree with Rook. As for the teddy bear as mentioned before always look for a rational reason before assuming it's paranormal. Because you were not sure of what you were doing you have freaked yourselves out. Now whomever you talked to may be stuck in your flat if you did not close the circle properly as Rook stated. Please remember, Ouija boards are NOT a game, it is a very dangerous tool if you are not familiar or know the rules. I know lectures get boring but you want to be safe!

Blessed Be ❤
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
I agree with everyone who is saying that the teddy bear part seems like a flatmate prank! You shouldn't instantly assume that a ghost is doing a bunch of weird things to you!

About the ouija board, not all spirits that pass through are there for a 'chat'
Some dark spirits can pass through! 😲
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-15)
There are many tales of 'moving' dolls or Haunted items but they seem to fall into two catagories... The object has been in the family for generations or it was 'bought' item and carried into the home by someone who lives there.

The 'footsteps' and other noises MAY... MAY be related to your sessions with your... How do you put it... Ah yes...

"...3 friends and I tried our own Ouija board..."

If you did not 'open/close' the sessions properly then any spirits you may have contacted could...COULD...be lingering around. So my suggestion would be to take so precautions... Open one last session... Tell any spirits that you contacted, that may have crossed over into the physical realm, that it's time for them to return... Apologize to them for any inconvenience you and your friends may have caused them and then properly close the session... And do not attempt another one without studying/learning how to protect yourselves and others... Talking Boards are not a 'GAME' to 'HAVE FUN' with. They are a TOOL for spirit communication and just like any tool there are 'rules' that allow people to use them safely.

As far as the teddy bear goes... I agree... You have to rule out flatmate pranks and/or 'creepy stalker' folks... As the bear may be an indication of either.

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-14)
I cannot believe I ever played with a Ouija Board as a teenager! I would not go near one now. I've had experiences with objects moving, but never enough to think it could have been a haunting.

I'll think differently next time it happens.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-10-14)
dannybouma - are you sure one of your flatmates wasn't messing with you and Jaimee? This just seems like something someone would do as a joke.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: