You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Pinned Down

Real Ghost Stories

Pinned Down

 

About 3 years ago, around the beginning of january, I had a very unusual experience in my room. I was around 16 years old, and I had just finished talking on the phone. It was around 11:30 at night and I wasn't sleepy. Since my parents would have gotten mad that I was up so late at night, I didn't want to turn on the light to entertain myself, so I had a little candle lit and started drawing on my notepad for about another 15 minutes or so. Then I just blew out the candle, laid on my back wide awake staring at the ceiling.

A few seconds later, I started hearing a ticking in my room. Like a clock or something, but the thing was I didn't have a clock in my room and we didn't even have a clock in the house that would tick. So I thought it was my dog playing with something, but then I remembered she doesn't sleep in my room and my door was closed so she couldn't have wandered into my room or anything. So I just tried to ignore it. But it kept hearing the ticking. It was two ticks then a few seconds pause, then two ticks, and a few seconds pause. A few minutes later, instead of the pauses I heard a creek in the floor. I thought it was my dog again, but no, my door was closed so she couldn't be in my room. It sounded like someone took a step at the foot of my bed. I heard two ticks, then two creeks, two steps, and two creeks. So I started getting a little nervous. I sat up to see if I saw anything, but I saw nothing in my room. It was kind of hard to see because my room was dark. I layed down, covered my face and yelled for my mom. As soon as I yelled, the ticks and creeks got faster and faster and all of a sudden I felt something jump on top of me as if they were trying to pin me down. I started screaming! I started kicking and punching whatever was on top of me to try and get it off, but no luck, whatever it was, was pinning me to my bed and I couldn't get up. So started screaming louder and louder and of course the ticks and creeks got faster and louder, and it felt like forever for my parents to come into my room!

Finally I heard footsteps running to my room and my parents opened the door, turned on the lights and EVERYTHING stops. The ticking stops, the creeks stops, and whatever was on top of me just vanished off me. I was left hysterically crying and shaking, wondering what happened. Until this day, I still have no clue what it was.

I was wondering, I actually was raised catholic and to believe in God and have faith, but recently that week I lost all faith in God, stopped believing, and stop praying. About three or four days later, this happens. I was wondering what "attacked" me and if it had anything to do with me not believing in god for that short time?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

ocean_tamer333 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
can I just say before I accidentally offend anyone, this is my opinion and you are welcome to prove me wrong.
I don't think it has anything to do with religion, because I have read another story like this and a person in a comment said it was probably just a playful ghost, or a ghost trying to get your attention. 😉 glad to help
TechNinja (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-07)
Ugh, this brings back scary memories.

So effing crazy traumatizing. Something similar happened to me, but I can't remember it clearly because I've blocked that memory out of my mind for so long (along with many other parts of my life).

These things still happen to me, but I think they're either less harmful entities, or I am just stronger now, so its not as frightening or it doesn't feel as menacing.

I am not a fan of these things. Not a fan.
givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
that is pretty freaky... I haven't experienced anything like that but I'm sure that there maybe a way to get this presence to leave if it really is bothering you maybe look on the internet to see how to get rid if the presence
tobgirl22 (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
Hey Denise,
I was raised Christian/Cathlic aswell, and I do pray, every so often, sometimes in the morning, at nights, or even when I'm feeling sad or scared. I have a huge belief in God. And I don't believe that the Lord did this to you, scared you this way. Everyone knows if you Believe in God, you believe in the Devil aswell. And I believe this could have been him, that sent something to you, testing your faith. Maybe showing you that by losing all faith in the Lord, which you mentioned you did before this happened, and he wanted to show you that without faith in God, this is what he can do you to you, or what he has to offer. Which is demonic forces coming to you late at night and attacking you. Have you started to pray again? A little, or even going to church? And how is this situation now?

Thanks, Tobgirl22
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
I think that most ghost or demons attack us wen we are sleeping because we are most weak then. About everything getting faster I think they get mad or happy so they try to scare us even more. I know, it happens to me alot. Good luck
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
very scary that is talk to a priest. Put salt on your walls and fill half a glass up of holy water and put it at the side of your bed. 😐thanks for sharing your story with us.
Robert (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
I thought I was alone in experiencing this, I see I was not. My heart goes out to Denise and the others, I experienced it first hand (elsewhere on this site) I only revealed this to my mother many years ago, just after it happened, to show her the bruises...

Peace,
Robert (flashpointuk [at] yahoo.com)
Alyssa Layton (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
There is a place in governers by my house and someone was forced to hang their self
D. Smitty (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
That happened to me along time ago also. (I SWEAR ON IT)

It's weird because it happen that exact same way but without the ticking and things. I was asleep and It sounded as if Someone had finished using the restroom and then came into my room and pinned me down. All I can hear is whatever had me pinned... IT WAS BREATHING as if it was dead or something. Its unexplainable. Its wierd. I asume it was some type of spirit of force. Dont really know but It was weird.
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-02)
This ones stumped me, seemingly if you are sure that you were not awake or in the process of falling to sleep then I can only imagine that it was a first time sp or some sort of nutcase demon, maybe your house is haunted but I think it may just have been your first experience of sp, most of the debut sp, s are very frightening and unexplainable.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-08)
Um maybe you should get your faith back. Start praying again or something. Then maybe it will stop like it stopped for me. Hope this works for you.
Sandy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-14)
very scary story. I am not a brave person, but have alway believed that they mean no harm. but this is something I have never heard before
amber (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-13)
nice story denise I had something like that happen to me expet the blanket was not tight on me and I could not scream and it still happens to me do you know how to talk to a ghost

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: