You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady With The Lipstick

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady With The Lipstick

 

I was only about two years old. My mother and grandmother were painting the house, and didn't want me to get dirty, so they put me in my travel cot in my bedroom. Once they'd left me for about half an hour, they heard me start laughing. Apparently, I was also screaming, yet I wasn't at all scared. They put down their brushes, and rushed in to see what was wrong. I was still sat there, in my travel cot, beaming like there was something really funny. They looked round the room, and were astonished to find that my plastic stacking cups, that every child has at one point or another, were all lined up around the edge of the room. What puzzled them the most was the fact that neither of them had done it themselves, and I clearly couldn't have climbed out of my travel cot and done it myself.

From then on, I was frequently seen sitting on the stairs talking to a person that wasn't actually there. On multiple occasions I'd be sat there, talking as if it was a conversation being had. However, there was never anyone there.

Then one day, as me and my mother were leaving to go and see someone, I said, "Mom, I haven't seen that lady in a long time." My mother was very confused, and upon asking me what lady I meant, I replied with, "The one that wears the lipstick. You know, the one I always talk to on the stairs?" However, my mother had no idea whatsoever as to what I was talking about. But all this time, there were things being moved around whenever someone left the room, and strange noises were heard frequently around our house. It was clear to my mother and I that our house was in fact, haunted. By the Lady With The Lipstick.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SineadKatShakespeare, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
Thats really a cool story and I enjoyed it. I don't think that the house was haunted but I feel, perhaps, it was a guardian spirit for you. But tell me, did you happen to see the same lady later subsequently?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
Miracles, I guess that's true, all kids are different... My daughter speaks clearly to me, but other people usually ask me what on earth she is talking about! Lol
I have the cutest pic in my mind of your 2 year old covered in lipstick! I don't wear lipstick, so luckily I don't have to worry about Eden playing in my handbag! 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
beautifuleden - I can't speak for SineadKat, but I can speak for my personal experience with my daughter. At 2, she did know what lipstick was... Unfortunately LOL. I have a picture of her where she "put" my lipstick on by herself. It's actually an adorable picture, but she missed quite a bit of her mouth 😆. As for this experience, depending upon the color of the lipstick, say red for instance, it may have made quite an impact.

And as we parents know, there is quite a range between 2 and 3, and sometimes when people say "they" are 2, it could be 2, 2 1/2 or closer to 3, but they are still 2.

And to lady-glow, at 18 months my daughter was talking in full sentences and could be understood very well even by strangers. So I do believe it is possible the o/p could have said exactly what is claimed in this story. Now my son, on the other hand, didn't speak clearly or in full sentences until he was almost 4.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
I have a three year old daughter, and she still doesn't know what lipstick is... Do you think you were possibly older than 2 years when this happened? Just seems a bit too mature for a 2 year old to ask for the lady who wears lipstick...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
How old were you when asked for the lady with the lipstick?
How long did you live in that house?

I find your story very interesting, but I think a two year old kid would not know what "haunted" is, and her vocabulary wouldn't be that rich.

Thank you for sharing
SineadKatShakespeare (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
[at] ghostgirl55443322 Thank you, and a travel cot is basically a collapsible cot:)

[at] PsychoNinjaLette23 Thanks, I know it's short, but after all, not all good stories have to be long:P And wow. That is awesome >.<
ghostgirl55443322 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
Oh wow that's so neat! Its a very cute title you have their 2 haha the lady with the lipstick is very intresting... I enjoyed reading this just one thing sorry if I sound dumb but what's a travel cot? I'm not familiur with that word 😉
PsychoNinjaLette23 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
Cool Story I like it I guess... Even though it is a very short one. I remember I went to a graveyard for a picnic and I saw a lady in black and white gown standing far off 😁 😁 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: