You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dads And Transformers

Real Ghost Stories

Dads And Transformers

 

I was born and raised in a rural area of northern Kentucky 30 miles south west of Cincinnati.

Dad died in 1999 at 52 years of age from an advanced form of cancer of the lymph nodes. I was 22 at the time and it was most certainly surreal. About 2 to 3 nights after his death he came to me in a dream, though it didn't feel anything like a dream or a nightmare. It was so realistic as if I could reach out and touch him. He was clouded in what appeared to be, to the best of my ability I can only describe as, a white fog or haze.

He asked me to look after my mother, to make sure she would be okay. "No problem, pop", I said. Well, dad was a fix-it guy. By trade he was a hydraulic mechanic for Cinergy in Cincinnati. He also was an auto mechanic in his younger days, as well as, an electronics technician.

He built the house we were raised in and had an obvious hand in some of the technology installed in the home built in 1977. One of which bits of technology was an intercom system installed throughout the home for simple communication or playback of basic radio throughout. The system had eventually burnt out years before his death. Somehow just days afterward it came back to life as if it were new. None of us could or can explain it to this day.

Turns out that there was an AC transformer that was used to power the whole intercom system. However, it was installed just above the rafters in the basement inside of the insulation that only Dad knew where it could be found. It had burnt out years before his death. It's as if he simply touched this electronic device after death and made it come back to life. He wasn't as a religious man as I am. However, if I ever had my doubts it sure gives me something to look forward to after this life in my opinion. Thanks for reading:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, guns011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MoonlightShadows (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
What a lovely story. I've heard a lot about passed loved ones that come to them in their dreams, it really fascinates me.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
Hahaha was expecting some robot experience with this story I must confess, oh well lol!😁

Knowing that your dad was rather Tech savvy this experience does not surprise me whatsoever, I think it is brilliant that this occured. What a wonderful way to show you the he is still around looking over you and the family and things within the home. The way he showed himself to you in dream form was his way of not frightning you I believe. Great account, thanks for sharing with us.

Dan
GloriaW (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Isandu. You made my day. Lol. I thought the same thing when I saw the title. But very heartwarming story 😁
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
P.S. I was a little disappointed your story did not involve any robots in disguise, as suggested by the title.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
I would say no question in my mind this was a visit from your dad's spirit and he used what spiritual energy he had to deliver his message to you and to repair that transformer, perhaps as a way to reinforce that he was really there and you were not just dreaming. Hopefully he has now gone on to wherever it is we are supposed to go and is at peace. He will no doubt greet you when it is your time.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
This is a beautiful story. Wish all encounters with the other side were like this.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Guns011,
Coming from a family myself, where my grandmother, my mother's mother, has been keeping an eye on my mom and her sister for the past 43 years since her death, I am a firm believer that a parent's love transcends the boundaries of the living and the dead. Who knows, your dad may also feel the need to stick around you all for some time to come.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
This is a wonderful story and proof in my mind of the continuity of life - who else could have repaired/replaced the AC transformer? Thanks for posting, guns011.

I had something interesting happen in my house regarding the mysterious, unexplained repair of a damaged ceiling fan that had become unbalanced and didn't circulate correctly. Before the time it "corrected itself" I thought there might be a spirit in the house because I kept hearing odd sounds although when it was happening I wrote the noise off to normal structural activity. Only later did I connect the sounds with the repair of the fan and wondered whether the electrician who had originally installed the fan and who rented a room in my home for several years had died and returned to do me a favor (he owed me $ when he left and never paid it.)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Argette,
When you consider his dad was the one who installed the system, knew where the transformer was located, and an electrician... It isn't a huge leap at all. It seems the electrical devices are a natural step in the process of spirit communication, really. Plus they can draw energy from the electrical current to be able to achieve their goal. One stop shopping, you might say. Sort of a spirit filling station. 😉

Jav
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
That makes sense, Javelina. It Guns' father's way of saying he's ok and with them. Sweet.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
guns011,
I have no doubts whatsoever about your father turning the intercom system back on. It is widely accepted that spirits exist/draw energy from, and are detectable through the an electromagnetic field. When you read through enough of the accounts of paranormal activity archived to this site, you notice that many have reported their lights being turned off and on again, without storm interference, and usually in a certain pattern of flashes. Most times, and I don't know why, it happens in sequences of three at a time. There are also reports of radio and television interference, doorbells going off for no reason, and household appliances being turned on or off seemingly on their own. Now, I don't accept all reports as the real deal as many can be explained away as natural occurring phenomenon. The newest device being reported as having been manipulated are cell phones. My thinking is that if the item was something the spirit was familiar with as a living person they don't have any problems manipulating the device. However, a person that passed on back in the 1970's or 80's wouldn't be able to mess with your cell phone but could repair the intercom system.
I had my own experience with this phenomenon when my sister passed on a few years back, so I completely understand where you are coming from with this account.

Thank you for sharing. It was a lovely tribute to your father.

Jav ❤
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
I know this sort of thing is possible. It's hard to find a rational explanation for it. So maybe it's just the power of a father's love for his wife and family?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: