You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is Anyone Else A Magnet For This Kind Of Behaviour?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Anyone Else A Magnet For This Kind Of Behaviour?

 

My family used to live on an old dairy farm in Victoria Australia, we moved there when I was 9 and didn't leave until I was 15.

The house we lived in was built in 1896 and there were times that things would just...Happen...

My brother and I both play musical instruments, and we both had odd things occur when we were home alone. The doors in this house were heavy wooden things and they had brass door knobs that were incredibly hard to turn. Each time we were playing our instruments, we had the door shut firmly, each time the door handle rattled so we would stop. (I say we because it happened to both of us on separate occasions). When we stopped, the rattle stopped, when we started again, it started again but it didn't just rattle. After the 3rd time the door would open, it wasn't flung open. It was like someone tentativley opening the door. But when we stopped playing it would slam shut. It was really strange.

Other instances when things happened where just as odd.

Quite often when I was home alone (being the antisocial child that I was) I would go to set up a movie in the lounge room and I would find my dogs and cats staring at the wall. As I came in though, the larger dog, a great dane breed, would look at me and then look back at the wall and growl. It always felt colder in the lounge during these times.

If I said either in my mind or out loud that I didn't want this thing here in my home it would stop but it always came back.

You'd always hear foot steps and doors opening or closing and sometimes things in the house would move about. It didn't scare me though.

The only time it was scary was when I was walking the great dane and it was 40 degree day. It was the height of summer and we were down by one of the old sheds on the 286 acre property we lived on. I remember the dog ran off and got to the other side of the fence and he was whimpering at me, then it changed. The temperature dropped from 40 and felt like it was ice cold mid winter. I remember that feeling and seeing the goose bumps on my arms as it happened. Then I got this feeling come over me, and I felt the need to run, and get away from the immediate area.

So I ran, and as I got further from the shed I felt the temperature get warmer. I got my self over the fence and I made it back to the dog, who had stopped his whimpering. As I got over the fence though it felt like a static shock, I still get shivers thinking about it.

I couldn't see anything but I could feel something there, something not quite right.

After that day none of the animals would go near this shed, my horses wouldn't even go into the attatched paddock. Twice my horse Tip would stop and wouldn't even walk past the shed in the lane way that ran adjacent.

It wasn't until we moved to our new place that more odd things started to happen. Seems as if I am a magnet to things that are strange and disturbing in a spiritual sense. I'm not worried about it, I'm not scared by it. I do find it fascinating.

Other hauntings by Guard_of_the_dead

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Guard_of_the_dead, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Guard_of_the_dead (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Have not looked at this for a long time. My brother is 5 years older than me. Odd things that have been happening and still happen. Are that things disappear and voices can be heard, mumbled, occasionally laughter can be heard. Of late things.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
You say that it wasn't until you moved into a new place that more odd things started to happen. But you didn't elaborate what odd things you are talking about.
You were 9 when things started to happen and you left when you were 15 you don't say how old your brother was.
It sounds to me like poltergeist activity in your house (s). As for the shed and paddock I can't explain except to say that you felt a shock when you crossed the fence. Could be a high electromagnetic field which animals are highly sensitive to more so than humans.
Since you do not say what else has happened I have to stick with the poltergeist theory.
MoonlightShadows (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-19)
You may have a spirit following you, I don't think it would be harmful but if your animals were scared of this presence and you also felt threatened or frightened by it (the shed incident) then maybe you shouldn't just leave it. You may have to do a blessing of the house in case you get get hurt in the near future. Animals have even fell ill whilst a spirit was about, so it can be very dangerous. Sage is also very good for getting out bad spirits
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
I'm glad that you are not intimidated by experiences you have. I would be the same: not scared but intrigued.:)
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
I know exactly how you feel. About 4 years ago my husband and I rented a house that our Rednose Pittbull wouldn't step foot in. About a week went by before a whole lot of weird things started going on. I agree with amiett if you are religious pray and keep a bible in the main room. It could also be that you have something it may be attached to. I hope you find a way of helping it let you go.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
What Lou says makes sense. Animals are so instinctive. I'm no expert, but I think they've got better instincts than most humans.

The music playing and the doors intrigues me. At first I thought it could be vibrations. I have no answers, but I think this is a very interesting series of incidents. Good luck!
amiett (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
With the experiences I had I can say that whenever we encounter a spirit the temperature drops. Next time whenever you feel like some is watching you or really scared be fearless. Dont get scared cause such things gain their power from our fear so never fear them. Also if you are religious you can pray to the god you believe in and ask them to get rid of such entities
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
I have seen this reaction from animals in and around buildings where slaughter and meat processing have taken place in the past. Considering how old the farm is, the previous owners were likely self-sufficient and did these activities on the property.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: