You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The House Did Not Want To Be Blessed

Real Ghost Stories

The House Did Not Want To Be Blessed

 

As I stated in my profile, I was once part of a Paranormal Investigation Group. This wasn't the kind of group that skulks around grave yards and trespasses places. This was a truly professional investigation group complete with expensive gear, monthly meetings and well planned organization. It was staffed by volunteers who were great people and not your average idiot walking into a house going 'I feel spirits' and winding up the owners of the location we were investigating.

It was with this group that I learned of my empathic abilities. It's not harnessed. I have little control over it. It enables me to read emotions and feelings off everything and everyone. I've taken some training on how to block it and do fairly well now. I learned about it at a Paranormal Conference at the Queen Mary. A friend of mine introduced me to (can't remember his name) some famous Demonologist. I shook his hand and he gave a warm chuckle. Shaking his hand felt like putting my hand in a warm tub of water that was slightly electrified. I pulled my hand away and he said to me "Well hello there, little empath" I had to go look that up. I had no idea what that was. I believe this 'talent', as some call it, makes me susceptible or attractive to spirits. So I've dealt with much in my lifetime. Only now I understand it.

I moved into our new home; my husband and two children. The previous home we had rented was sold and we had to wait a few weeks to get into this new home. The old man had passed away in the home after some long illness - cancer I think. The owners son installed new carpet, new tile, and new fixtures, painted. The house was beautiful! One of the first things I noticed was that my sons room had two doors. One opened into the hallway, the other into the foyer, which led into the front room and into the hallway. This enabled my kids to have veritable horse races around and around. I really didn't like it and tried to keep the doors shut. This is how it started.

The doors in my sons room did not stay shut nor did his closet. I was constantly shutting the door into the hallway and into the closet. I didn't notice it at first, blaming the four year old male child. But then other things started happening. He would wake in the night crying telling me someone woke him and bothered him. His favourite toys would break and he'd cry saying that someone broke them. Well kids, you know, right? Then my daughter would complain about the old man standing in the doorway of her room at night scaring her. So I talked to the owner a bit about the house. I found out that the old man died in my sons bedroom. The room my husband and I occupied was his wife's sewing room. He never went in there. My daughters room was his project room. So he spent much time between the two rooms until he could no longer get around, and then mainly lived in his bedroom. As he aged he became mean and cantankerous. Before he was totally rendered unable to move about on his own, he would throw rocks at the neighbourhood kids riding by on bicycles, or scare the kids on either side of the back yard by yelling at them and hitting his cane on the fence - a regular pip.

I had seen things out of the corner of my eye, yet never paid any mind to it. I noticed a tall shadow moving around the house. He made me paranoid and uncomfortable. He wasn't happy we were there. My kids took to sleeping at the foot of my bed like puppies.

So I had a very Christian friend come over to help me perform a blessing on the house to get this old man to move on to wherever he was supposed to go. She's a deacon at the local church. She brought holy water and bits of cloth soaked in holy water. She said if the problem persisted after her, we'd call in reinforcements.

My cousin was over that night to witness everything and my kids were with relatives. So we began the blessing in the garage, moved into the kitchen, front room, sons room, daughters room, moving last to my bedroom. As we pushed through the house, I swear my ears felt like they needed to pop like I was driving into the mountains. In each room we prayed, sprinkled holy water, gave a blessing to the room, house and living inhabitants, asking the old man to go in peace to his final resting place. The pressure built and built. Both my friend and cousin stated their discomfort and anxiety as we pushed further into the house. As we left each room, we left a small bit of cloth soaked in holy water in an obscure corner, in closets, etc.

We got to the doorway of my bedroom. Before going in, we performed a prayer and a blessing for cleansing. As we had done in each archway or doorway in the house, I reached up to put a sign of the cross in holy water. In doing so over my bedroom door, I felt two cold hands shoot out of nowhere and shove me hard in my chest just below my shoulders but above my breasts. A mighty shove as I reached up to the archway. Luckily my cousin was behind me. She steadied my shoulders and kept me from falling backwards. My deacon friend grabbed my arm when she saw me jerk back and helped push my hand up over the archway to complete the sign of the cross over the doorway.

Upon doing so, the house felt like it took a breath, our ears popped, something boomed and all was quiet.

The old man was no more to be seen or heard from again.

Other hauntings by AndiiFL

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndiiFL, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mini (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Simply put, your stories are enjoyably read by me! This one has gone to my favorites, not just because of the story itself, but something you mentioned which made me think. Empathic ability! I researched it before I completed reading the second paragraph where you described what it was.
I have never wondered about my 'ability' I just thought it as instinct. I, for want of a better adjective, 'feel' the auras of others. I don't know how, and I don't know why it happens, I just get strong feelings about the true nature of others.
I just know who they are, and when I get bad feelings about others (which is the vibe I seem to pick up on mostly) I tend to steer clear of that individual. Never have I really talked about this... And another time, just once, I think I was able to 'hear' someone's thoughts through a dream which proved accurate! There aren't P.I.G in my country so forget about conferences where I could attend and get some questions answered. Any insight would be greatly appreciated... And keep sharing your awesome encounters! 😊
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Firstly I must say that I have fallen in love with hearing about your experiences and love the way your write them!

They are a pleasure to read and it is so wonderful to know you are some what of a skeptic to the point where you feel the need to seek further reasoning - Thank you!
The fact you have gone into such detail and are willing to answer any questions (and actually do come back to answer them) is magnificent and is what I find most of us are constantly requesting as it is very difficult to believe something we ourselves can't experience first hand.

I'm glad in this story no body was seriously hurt and I hope your family can now enjoy sleeping peacefully and I am also glad to hear you had support when the entity/spirit/old fella decided to give you a rude shove, hope you weren't too badly hurt from that.

Just one thing, even though I too believe it is the old guy because it all makes sense.
Not liking children (or being too fond of them) so he has scared them as well as it being the two rooms he occupied the most and even him just being plain rude... Apart from the owner what other evidence do you have of it being him?
As you said you're an empath, did you feel a connection between the description of the man and the entity in your house?
Did your children (even though very young at the time) elaborate on the old man like did he have dark hair or was it just a vivid figure?
What happened to his wife?

It's just a few small questions i'm curious about not that it will swade my belief that he was trying to stay in the house and not move on - very stubborn 😆
AndiiFL (4 stories) (8 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
I'm really overwhelmed at the responses on all of my stories. Very humbled. Thank you for all of these responses. I'm sitting here going wow...

I am going to answer you as best I can. Feel free to ask questions.

Snowhite, I no longer live there. I do not even live in that state anymore.;)

Sds, after the blessing, the house was completely peaceful.

Gargoyle, I have been a believer of Christian Faith and have had the pleasure of taking courses in Wicca. There are strongholds to both beliefs and are equally as beautiful. Methods in both are helpful. Overall, I think its what you believe in.

As someone with paranormal investigation experience, I have always believed that if someone wanted their home to be blessed, it should be by someone that reflects the religious beliefs of the house. If they tend toward christian religions, look to christian help.

For the record, I've never come up against Athiests believing in ghosts. It seems to go against their belief if they do. Just sayin'

Javelina, the boom was like a house wide thump that didn't have the same reverbation (sp) as a sonic does. Having moved from Southern California to Central Florida and living only 40 miles from NASA - I've experienced Sonic booms many times over now. Nope. Wasn't a sonic boom for sure. It's hard to really explain properly. When the house boomed it felt like it poofed... Imagine a house almost exploding in a cartoon - the walls poof out and the roof poofs up. It *felt* like that but the house didn't actually change in dimension. It was percieved. Does that make sense?

I thought it was an earthquake but nothing registered or showed on the USGS site. Nor did it explain the clear shove on my chest above my boobs.

Strangelife, my kids were preschool. They really werent' of that age where they understand everything completely.

Gargoyle and Javelina... I love open discussion. Feel free to do so on any of my posts any day. I encourage communication. This is how we all learn as a whole. <3
Gargoyle (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
Thanks again Jav, you've made my day!
AndiiFL, sorry for useing your post to have this conversation!
BTW, this and your other accounts are really excellent. Keep em coming!
😁

Gargoyle
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
Gargoyle,
Now you're talkin'! That's it exactly. Why add guilt if you don't have to, eh?

Jav 😁
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
Jav
You are correct and that's in my opinion!
I think that you may just have cleared my thinking somewhat.
Faith, doesn't have to be religious faith. It can be faith in yourself or that the universe will unfold as it should or in whatever higher power you happen to believe in.
I used to know this and feel it but over the last few years it has weakened.
I hope that feeling comes back to full strength at some point.
Reading some of the stories and comments on this site certainly helps!



Gargoyle
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
[at] Gargoyle,
The mistake many people make is equating faith with organized religion. You don't have to join, show up on Sundays, or give tithes to the church weekly in order to have faith. All faith really comes down to is 'knowing'. It's very personal, and when you've got it you are confident and steadfast in what you know to be the truth. It's not easy at times, but it is worth it.
Of course, that's just my opinion.

Jav
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
Thanks Jav
I do understand what you are saying and what others say on the subject of faith on this site and have nothing but respect for those with a strong faith, no matter what religion.
Although I have some ideas, I wouldn't call them beliefs as such. Therefore maybe I just can't quite fully grasp the concept. I wish I could but think my forever questioning mind and my aversion to any organised religion, always gets in the way, although paradoxically I do feel I have a strong spiritual side that maybe just hasn't been tapped or fully realised yet.
I think that reading what people like yourself, Rook and others, have to say is definitley giving me a lot to think about!
Sorry for taking up so much space!



Gargoyle
strangelife (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
god! This is creepy. Your children must have been so much scared. Can't imagine this happening with small kids.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
[at] Gargoyle,
When you consider the age of the man when he passed on, you can assume he was raised in a God fearing household, as many were back then. That being said, he hadn't moved on/crossed over when he passed, which may be a clue as to why he was able to be banished so quickly. Because of his ornery and hateful treatment of others, especially the kids in the neighborhood, he may have felt he had set himself up for a not so nice judgement in the hereafter and decided to stay earthbound. When the friend came over to perform the ritual he must have recognized what it was meant to accomplish and his God fearing upbringing kicked into gear. He tried fighting it off and it didn't work. That may have been enough to remind him of the meaning of the phrase 'God fearing'.
The ritual worked because those performing it, along with those receiving it, had faith that it would.
Faith can move mountains.

Jav ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
AndiiFL,
It's the boom you heard that I'm interested in. Was it like a sonic boom? Being born and raised in Southern California, sonic booms were a normal part of daily life. However, I know someone who, upon banishing a spirit, heard that boom as well. That is the part of this experience that brought it all home to me.
I am relieved to hear you no longer have the old man hanging about and frightening the children.
Very good read, thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
Good story. This man must have been really upset with little children coming 'into' his house!
He had been trying his best to make sure they wouldn't come near him or his place during his life time. Must have been very frustrating for him. Good that the cleansing worked. Hope he past on nicely and lost his grumpiness.
Gargoyle (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
This is a great account, as are the other ones you have posted.
I really find it fascinating that a ritual, no matter from what religion it originates as such an effect on a spirit. That for me is just as interesting as the intities themselves.
I wonder if anyone really knows why these rituals are so powerful?
Gargoyle
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
AndiiFL, what an experience. Awesome. Nice narration and thanks for sharing. I am happy that you were able to bless the house to your satisfaction. I am glad that you or your children don't see the old man again. I hope everything is normal. Did you try the blessing again?

Please share with us your other experiences when you were in the investigation group, it might just be some lessons for us about dos and don'ts.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
Awesome read, Thank you for sharing, That old man was really a grumpy guy. You would think that having passed on, he would of only welcomed new life in his house after being alone and cranky for so many years, but seems you take whatever Mood/ aura/ feelings you had when you die into the afterlife, kind of sad if that is the case... Never really get over it!

Rozo
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
I'm glad the ritual got rid of the old man's presence. I am fascinated by the kinds of feelings you got as you moved through the house. I'm working on identifying the times in my life when I might have felt something like that, and aside from a time or two, I haven't much experience with those feelings. Yet I think I am sensitive.
semisweet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
I'm glad you were able to finish the cleansing for you and your children
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
I wonder if the old man could not move on because he was aware of all the bad things he did in life and was afraid of what would be waiting for him on the other side; or if he wasn't aware of his passing.

Anyway, I'm glad your house feels like a home should and hope the guy found the love and peace he didn't have at the end of his life.

Thanks for sharing.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
Fascinating story, I am glad the house was cleansed as you wished, especially for the sake of your children. Take care x
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
The nasty old man must be mad at you and tried to attack people 1 more time since he knew he had to go. Do you still feel uncomfortable in your house? Hope everything is fine by now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: