You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: They Hanged Me

Real Ghost Stories

They Hanged Me

 

Due to the disturbances in the house growing and eventually reaching a point that I found I could no longer bear, I made a temporary move to another location. While here, I found my moods were gradually worsening, despite my own state of mind.

I was often sinking into sadness, battling with anxiety or becoming suddenly fueled by anger. I am a much more mild mannered person that that, and I try and give my best efforts towards being optimistic, level-headed and nice, yet after prolonged stays in this house, I would often find the opposite to be true. Upon leaving, those feelings would disappear. It got to the point where I dreaded returning home.

I have been aware of spiritual presence in my home since I was a child, but it began affecting me negatively to the point where it was interfering with my life. So one day, as an act of desperation, I reached out to a friend to ask her for advice. It eventually turned into her "reading" the house despite being located in another state.

As she spoke, she began to reveal to me what she was seeing and feeling. Despite having never told her any details about my experiences in my home or of the energies I have sensed, she related back to me nearly every thing I had ever thought about this house.

She told me about the presence of a man and described him to me exactly how I saw him; Very tall, large stature and has a very strong presence. She described him as being "rude", as a nice way to put it. This is the man who walks up and down the hall and in the master bedroom, but he usually stops to stand just outside my door. One day I awoke to see him standing just before my bed, glaring at me. I felt as though he hated me for every fiber of my being. Needless to say it was a terrifying sight to wake up to.

She also profiled a large breasted, heavy set woman who was "terrible" - and that's a nice way of putting it. She then went on to describe to me a dead relative whom I had never spoken about for the simple fact that he passed when I was barely a toddler. But she explained that he was attached to me because of sharing similar feelings during a point in time when I was depressed.

Needless to say, her relating back to me this information solidified my trust in her ability to accurately report her findings on the home. I eventually contacted one more friend and encountered basically the same results. She was also able to see the same people and sense the same energies, plus more. For instance, she was able to see me as a child the first time I had ever physically witnessed a ghost. I was about 8-9 years old when it happened.

My friend, she said that she picked up on one more person who was tied to the house, the one person who has allowed for the others to come, because his feelings were so strong that a portal was formed in the house. I had never spoken to her about speculating a portal was present, and after later speaking to my father about it, he agreed and says he had the same idea of the home. I especially knew it to be true after the house was prayed on and conditions improved, but in the weeks following that, the home felt crowded by energy I couldn't recognize. But I digress. My friend, she described the portals location exactly where both my father and I thought it to be. This person who caused it, she says, was a young male who was very tormented. He was hurt, lonely, confused and more than anything, angry.

She then said, "He was hanged. He was hanged in your house." I have to admit, it creeped me out a bit. I took it with a grain of salt at first - until I told my mother about my friends findings, to which she replied, "I had a dream a few years ago, where a little boy came to me and said "they hanged me." We just stared at one another. I got chills down my back as I imagined it actually being true.

Moments later I walk into the kitchen and walk into a cold patch of air between the doorway. Suddenly I feel pressure in my chest and I become overwhelmed by emotion. I burst into tears and all I can think about is the horror of this young boy being hung. I exit the kitchen because it becomes far too much. The pressure in my chest quickly wears off and I'm no longer crying.

I eventually stepped back into the kitchen and told him that I knew this happened to him, that it was terrible and that it never should have happened, but that he also has to calm down because he was negatively affecting me. I urged him to move on towards the light, but I know that he hasn't. Yet ever since then, his presence has not been as overwhelming and "stuffy" as before. He now spends much more time in my room and areas surrounding, whereas before, he spent more time in the basement, where its assumed he was hung.

I think the loneliness only irritated him more. Now that he knows we know, he's slightly more at peace. The house hasn't felt so terrifying and dreadful since. I can move comfortably about the house without looking over my shoulder or experiencing drastic mood swings, although I can still sense those feelings.

Also, I have been overhearing non-physical arguments and heart-wrenching cries. I only hear certain things while in certain rooms though. While in the bathroom, on a few occasions, I have heard an angry argument. While in my bedroom, I have heard cries, like "Nooo! NO! Oh My God NO!" It sounds more like disbelief, almost as if someone, a woman actually, walked in and saw the result of something terrible. Yet if I leave either of these rooms the sounds will stop.

Looking back on past experiences as a child and taking into account present-day, I believe he has always been trying to tell us about his experience. At night I could recall a sound very similar to that of someone pounding and breaking through concrete. I could only ever hear it through the master bedroom vents, as its directly above the room we believe he was murdered in. My grandmother also told my father that she use to hear the sound of carpet being put down on the stairs. I believe it may have been possible that something violent had occurred, leading to the need to replace the carpet.

I want to help him crossover, yet I am also afraid of becoming vulnerable to the other spirits present in this house. My friend says the presence of nastiness is so great that this house should just be leveled. She believes this house is home to a lot of atrocities and that a lot of negative energy is residual, and that of people unable to crossover, and also those who simply refuse to.

When I am open to it, I can see things. I tried the other night but could only see from the ceiling. Then also very low, so low that I could see the fibers of a tan/white carpet (we've never had carpet in that room). I kept seeing as if my ear was being placed to the floor, my head rocking slightly and then stopping. That sequence kept playing over and over in my mind. Then the image would finally end with my "sight" going through the floor and into the ground.

And "looking" now, I know someone is currently standing in the very center of that room. It appears to be a young male with a medium build, narrow shoulders, probably anywhere from 5'-7" to 5'-9". I can only see him as a black mist though. I can't pinpoint his age but he couldn't possibly be over 14. That sounds so much like my late cousin... He doesn't know why he's here, that's why he is just standing there. I think he is also attracted to the energy of the young boy who says he was hanged.

Help?

Other hauntings by heyxay

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, heyxay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

heyxay (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
[at] supernaturalservices

Thank you for your help, although some of the prayer I feel strange repeating being that, while I am newly spiritual and I am still developing my beliefs and understanding, I do not 'worship' any specific being. I believe in a 'force' of a higher plane, but not one that is Christian. So I'm not sure of the effectiveness in speaking those words.

[at] Miracles51031 We have no clue as to why. We have just been told that its happened. The boy himself asks why it happened, but none of us know.

[at] rookdygin I was told to burn Sage around the house and to also to place glasses of water throughout the home. I've actually already noticed a different mood in the house. It almost feels like they're resting. Most of them at least. They're still here but much calmer. A few remain active. Just the other night I saw a person in the television. They were confused, looking around and then disappeared.

I don't know how young he is, but my friends and mother referred to him as a "boy" so I am assuming he could be considered a child. I've never gotten a grip of his age. I'm still thinking no more than 14 years old.
Caac212 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
WHAT THEY HUNG U? That's crazy mane I would be scared mane Dat's Scary mane.
Sario (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Very interesting story. I hope you can find some answers, and get your house rid of the negative energy.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Rook - I wasn't thinking in that vein, you could be right. You know how I have an issue with children and that's where my mind just got stuck. After that, well, I was done, I guess. Thanks for reminding me of that possibility 😊 Makes the story a whole lot easier to take now.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Miracles,

I think the O/P'S Mother was visited by a 'younger version' of the individual was hung... The spirit chose a 'shape/form' that would 'scare' the O/P's Mother the least...that's just my guess...

Heck I'm not 100% sure about this whole experience, but the O/P asked for help and I can not ignore that.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
heyxay,

First...I do not 'feel' there is anything 'demonic' 'hidden' with-in anything you have told us...Second...neither of your friends suggested and 'cleansing and shielding' methods? One of them just 'flat out' said you home needs to be leveled... Sorry but that will not 'clear' the air... Nor the property for that matter, of the energy everyone is 'talking about'.

Try this... Do it once a month for 6 months, keep a Journal and keep us updated...I'm sure you will feel a change in the environment and that the spirits will find they can move on as the positive energy replaces the negative energy...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
heyxay - I can't get past why "they" hung a child. Unless I'm misreading this?
folly (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
Supernaturalservices, Thank you for the prayers of protection I will use it in my own situation at home.
take care 😁
amiett (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
Well its very necessary to get rid of all those entities present in your house. They are dead and don't belong in this world. You should follow Saint Michael prayer as mentioned earlier. Also when you swipe your floor, mix some Sea Salt in that water which will also help in purifying process and if you need more advice please send me a PM on my email id. One thing I would like to advice is please do not fear these entities cause these negative energies gain power from our fear so please be fearless.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-21)
I don't think your house needs to be leveled, however I agree with the last person to post. You need to get rid of all the entities in your house, including the boy. It seems like he is attracting the other entities into your home.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
Ok your house, from what you say has evidence of both an active intelligent haunting, residual hauntings, and a little demonic flavor.

Your first step is to set up protection for yourself. The way to do that is to call on more powerful spirits such as Saint Michael. Here is the Saint Michael Prayer.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
By the Divine Power of God -
Cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
Who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Say this prayer as well

The light of God surrounds us (me).

The love of God enfolds us (me).

The power of God protects us (me).

The presence of God watches over us (me).

Wherever we are (I am), God is.

And all is well

Also this prayer will weaken and help banish the spirits in your house if they mean you harm

Trusting in the promise that whatever we ask the Father in Jesus' name He will do, I (we) now approach You Father with confidence in Our Lord's words and in Your infinite power and love for me (us) and for my (our) household and family, and with the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, Blessed Archangel Michael, my (our) guardian angel (s) and the guardian angels of my (our) household and family, with all the saints and angels of heaven, and Holy in the power of His blessed Name, ask you Father to protect my (our) household and its members and keep us from the harassment of the devil and his minions.

Father I (we) ask in desire to serve You and adore You and to live our lives for You that You build a hedge of protection around my (our) household, like that which surrounded Job, and to help us to keep that hedge repaired and the gate locked so that the devil and his minions have no access or means to breach the hedge except by your expressed will.

Father, I (we) am (are) powerless against the spiritual forces of evil and recognize my (our) utter dependence on You and Your power. Look with mercy upon me (us) and upon my (our) household and family. Do not look upon our sins, O Lord; rather, look at the sufferings of your Beloved Son and see the Victim who's bitter passion and death has reconciled us to You. By the victory of the cross, protect us from all evil and rebuke any evil spirits who wish to attack, influence, or breach Your hedge of protection in any way. Send them immediately back to Hell and fortify Your Hedge for our protection by the blood of Your Son, Jesus. Send your Holy Angels to watch over us and protect us.

Father, all of these things I (we) ask in the most holy name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. Thank you, Father, for hearing my (our) prayer. I (we) love You, I (we) worship You, I (we) thank You and I (we) trust in You. Amen.

These prayers will set up an energetic frequency in your area that is non conducive to negative spirits.

Also get bowls of sea salt mixed with white vinegar and leave them in every room of your house, and let them evaporate. It will make manifestation more difficult.

As for attempting to cross the spirits, one thing that is helpful is to pray for them, that they get to go to Heaven.

To go any more in depth than that, I would like you to PM me so we can talk further.

Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: