You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Resort Room

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Resort Room

 

This experience is dated nearly 2 years back in December. Me and my husband had been to Goa for our honeymoon. We were staying in a 5-star resort in south Goa with a private beach of their own. I will not be disclosing the name of the resort for obvious reasons.

The time I entered this room I had a different cold feeling but I ignored it thinking it's the temperature controller's problem. I decided to freshen up immediately after reaching and my husband went in to the balcony for a smoke. He closed the big glass door before smoking so that the smoke would not come in the room as I hated the smoke.

I was in the bathroom washing my face. When I was applying my face wash, the lights went off. I did not get scared at that time. Then I heard the big glass door being opened up and some one walking in. I assumed it's my husband. The footsteps neared the corridor of the bathroom and stopped. I waited for him to come inside but he did not. Then I suddenly started getting that cold and sick feeling and goosebumps on my neck. I got so scared and shouted with my husband's name loudly as much as possible.

The moment I shouted, the lights were back. I washed my face and ran out in the verandah. My husband was peacefully having his smoke. I asked him whether he had come in, but he said he hadn't moved from his chair at all. Then I asked him if the lights had gone out just now and he got even more confused. I told him what I experienced. He said I was over thinking and made me relax.

Our room used to turn unexplainably cold even after turning the room temperature controller to hot. I tried turning the controller itself hot so that the room would become hot and stuffy. But this also did not help. Our room would turn so cold that even 2 big and thick blankets would not stop us from shivering.

I always felt someone watching us from the corridor of our room. I did not share this with my husband then thinking he would get scared because he is a bit scared of these things. We would spend most of time outside and go in our room only late night.

The day we left Goa and we were plane, I confronted him with my experience there and to my surprise he said that he also was feeling the same there but didn't tell me so that I would not be scared. Then I remembered how he used to force me to stay outdoors most of the time and spend least time in our rooms.

Other hauntings by strangelife

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, strangelife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Deepika_V (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
allesgute154, may be you are near the fridge, and something cold and chilling bottle is near you... And you may accidentally touch it. Or it really may be your imagination b'cos you entered a new place... Just forget about it. 😊
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
As a newly-married woman, even I have had this experience. I have shared it on another post on this site, but I would like to share it with you, maybe you could explain it to me what it exactly was. Here it goes: Four years ago, I was newly married and had shifted into a rented house in Bavdhan, Pune. At that time, the area was pretty isolated. It was evening and my husband was out at work. It had grown very dark and I got up from my bedroom to put on the lights in the 2 BHK house. At that time, I felt something touch me. And it was a cold, chilling touch. I was really scared and put on all the lights. I clutched god's murti in my hands and called up my husband. My hubby told me it was probably my imagination as he doesn't believe in the paranormal. After that, however, this incident did not repeat for the next 10 months that we stayed there. Do you think it was my imagination (since I had shifted to a new place) or was it something else? Readers, please help. I have never been able to forget this incident.
strangelife (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Hehehehe...true...a bit ruined honeymoon... But then we enjoyed the beaches and roaming around on bikes. This experience was very unwelcome though 😭. Hoping this does not happen ever again on our future trips.
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Don't you feel that your honeymoon was a bit, well, ruined? I mean most newly weds like to spend private time together, don't they? I know we did.
I hope your future trips will be more peaceful.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Yikes! - What a horrible experience to have a voyeur ghost in your room during your honey moon! 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: