You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was It A Good Or Evil Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Good Or Evil Angel?

 

I met this really interesting guy out in my journeys one day. I love meeting interesting people, especially when they have amazing stories like on this site.

We went away to Albany, Western Australia for a holiday and stayed in a hotel. We stayed up all night talking about spiritual stories.

I don't know if he was telling the truth but he was telling me that in his home town in Sri Lanka he was very well known as he could speak to people's passed loved ones, heal people and take evil spirits out of people.

When asking him how he could do any of this, he said that angels would whisper in his ear and tell him things and borrow him healing powers and that is how he knew certain things others don't. He wouldn't tell me too much of anything. He kept saying he couldn't say too much as he is not aloud and could upset them. (Also he told me heaps of stuff about the angels and their powers and heaps of other things and told me I shouldn't tell anyone as the angels will be angry) - is this true?

I asked if he could heal me and see if I have any bad energy in me. He said he would rather not because since being in Australia he drinks and says if doing anything spiritual, it will not be accurate and also the angels do not speak to him much anymore because of this.

I kept pleading him to do something. He said "I will just do some healing" he waved his hands slowly around me while we sat on the bed and started saying something in Arabic. Then when I opened my eyes I don't know why, but he said look at your face in the mirror. I said I was too scared to so I never did.

When we slept later that night I had the craziest dream. I haven't had this dream since I was a kid. I am standing in the middle of a cliff shuffling across it while there is rough ocean below me and they keep crushing on me and try to pull me off the cliff but I never let go (as a kid I never let go either). I want to know if anyone knows what this means?

Then what happened from here onwards has never happened to me in my life, actually I have never experience any spiritual things or weird circumstances except the occasional deja vu.

I am a really great sleeper. I never wake up during the night and fall asleep straight away but that night after that dream I woke up burning like really really hot and sweating so bad and I felt like something was watching me and I felt scared. So I woke him up and told him please to turn on the light cause I was scared and please turn on the aircon it was boiling, but he was not hot at all. I told him what happened and he was smiling and said I told you if we fool around with this stuff and you hang around me then the angels that are around me, you will feel too. He said don't be scared you just feel the presence of the angels around us and you're scared cause you have never experienced before. If it was angels, why would I feel scared?

I told him about my dream and he said that's amazing. Now that is the fire spirit (I think he called it) testing you in your dream and you are burning up because he must have touched you briefly while you were sleeping and that is why you woke up sweating. From then on I woke up early mornings and kept feeling like there were some things watching me.

After our holiday he came over mine and I told my best girlfriend about him and he did a reading on her but he made a weird noise so we just lost it laughing so he didn't continue. After that night we lost contact and didn't speak much anymore.

I live in a 2 year home and have never felt unsafe in my room but after meeting him I continued to wake up at 3am every morning and feel like I was being watched. I would feel so awkward I slept in the lounge room on the couch for 3 months. I thought I was crazy but I had 2 friends come over and told me they get a weird vibe off my room and 1 friend said she felt scared even going past my room.

I got in contact with him cause I was scared asking him what he has done as I am scared. He assured me that it's just your angels watching over you and being around him has made me more sensitive to the spiritual world but why would I feel this scared if they were good?

I don't know if he is telling the truth or the chanting he did over my body in Arabic did it, or when me and my friend laughed at him when he tried doing a reading on her in my room but it took me 3 months until I felt safe to go in my room again.

Please let me know if anyone knows if what he was saying is true and if anyone knows what I was feeling?

I know there are heaps of people making up stories about this 3am business, but I actually found this site because I was searching to find out the meaning or reason I was getting woken up at 3 am. Does anyone know what this means? I was told by a friend she has an angel book on number meanings and it only means my guardian angel is watching over me, but then on here people are saying 3am is the time that evil spirits play tricks on us. Also a guy on here told me it sounds like I was getting harassed by a Djinn demon, so I read a bit on this and the bad dream part is true, but do Djinns make us feel like we are burning up?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trusted_soul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheJokesonu (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
your minds playing tricks on you. Analyze your own way of thinking. One is what one thinks.
Don't dabble in such scrap and why should you? There is nothing wrong with you or your room. You were probably in depression and that's the reason your room had bad vibes.
Go out in the sun.
Get a life.
Be thankful to god that he has given you a human form and its he who is feeding you and has given you so much.
Take some time out.
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
Wow is the one word I can get out I'm so surprised the way the angels could connect to you like that trough him x
Aoife 😠
Jamie21 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Good morning from Greece... As I was reading your story, your discriptionis very similar to Reiki. I had heard of reiki from an old friend. It is an ancient philosophy or some say it is more of a religion. I have been obssesed with it earlier in my life and I have too experianced what you have. So to keep this short reiki is related with the energies we give or obsurb from either the element or other people. Reiki also heals, it can heal either illnesses but not as far as cancer and deseases like that but minor injuries and sometimes major injuries but it takes more than one sessions. I have had two successfull sessions and the process was very much the same with the one you described. Incatations and touching the parts of your body where your chakras are. What I believe is that either your shrilankan friend had not completed his education on the practices of reiki or either you had nothing in your life to cure. Not just anyone can do it and if I were you I wouldn't trust just anyone to speak incatations over my body cause as you saw can have horrible results. And mocking it is never appropriate with philosophies or religions like that. I too have done the exact same thing and I had some sort of negative energy in my room for over three months which drove me insane. And it stared at me every night with a sarcastic smile in his face. I had seen this energy more than once but the most threatening encounter I had with it was one night that it tried to choke me in my sleep. I was alone and no one I confided my experiances ever believed me. After countless nights of crying in my room and blocking this energy out my mind I visited my therapist who also practices reiki she touched my body whispering words I made no sense of and what I felt was energies being "ripped" out of parts of my body. Each part or chakra represents a feeling or illness for example my knees felt light after the session which she explaned was the fears that had overcome my life. As soon as I stopped fearing the figure in my room, it dissapeared. I would like to know more about your story. I hope I helped in some way. Thanks for sharing.
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
I do not have any good feeling for your friend. If a person truly believes in the Bible, then he should not contact any spirits. Whoever your friend talked to, they are not angels for sure. Stay away from yor friend and keep praying to God.
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Thank you for helping out everyone:)

Surya thank you for that comment, your comment is definitely something I was looking for I'm just really interested in all this kind of stuff now I will go and have a read of that book:)

Isandhu this site is for people sharing an experience and I was hoping to find someone with one similiar just asking heaps of questions because I now think it is interesting, I am no longer experiencing anything in my house and was wanting to know if there is actually anyone out there with these gifts even if he does not have them... I think I may have posted this on the wrong site seems there are more similiar stories on the psychic site.
Dont have time for negative people
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-29)
trusted_soul: Being from Western Australia myself I am quite familiar with Albany, the town itself has quite a few ghostly stories but I will leave that for another time.
I honestly get the impression that a lot of what this guy has said and done to you has caused you to be frightened for no reason. How do you feel really deep down about the atmosphere in your home? Yes I agree that a cleansing will do you good and give you peace of mind but from what you have mentioned a lot seems to be coincidence? I wish you all the best. Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
This is just my personal personal opinion, I would not have asked him to try to do a reading especially if there was drinking involved. I have not heard of angels being angered if sharing their gift or talking to someone about it and the "burning up" issue, I haven't heard of that when it comes to angels either. I would say use Rook's cleansing, you want to keep yourself safe and WANT to be in your home and relax in your home, this should be your safe place.

I hope that when and if you do the cleansing that it helps. 😊

Blessed be ❤
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
Hey Rook, I've been away for a few days. I did look up online about the actual truth to those a long time ago, because of the curious side of me. I have tried to look actual stories and documantiries but I can't find any, or very few. I try to look up about exorcisms and others, online. And yes I did watch the hollywood movies, but I know those are more about hype than truth.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
Okay, so you're not gullible. I don't know you, but that's the impression I got from your questions - is this true? I want to know if anyone knows what this means? Why would I feel this scared if they were good? Please let me know if anyone knows if what he was saying is true and if anyone knows what I was feeling? Does anyone know what this means?

Think about it. You have asked a group of strangers to tell you what's true and what you should think and feel. All I've been trying to say is trust yourself. You have the answers. We can provide suggestions, ideas, theories, but we can't answer your questions. Please do not get offended. I'm just trying to help here.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
We all have Angels. Angels are there to help everyone. Mamachong comment is one to be taken on board.

I can't help but feel your friend put all this fear in you. I maybe be wrong but maybe he mentioned the 3am witching hour, which might I add I never heard of before along with other statements. I'm not saying your friend is a fraud or anything. But as advised by some of the other posters, best to stay away.

Might I recommend a book which will get rid of all your fears, I know it did mine. "Angels in my hair" it is a true story about an amazing woman who as the title states had "Angels in Hair". I don't usually recommend books, but after reading your story I feel it will help.

You wanted an analysis of your dream.

The cliff indicates that you have reached an increased level of understanding, new awareness, and a fresh point of view. You have reached a critical point in your life and cannot risk losing control. Alternatively, it suggests that you are pondering a life-altering decision.

The ocean in your dream represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal. Alternatively, the dream means that you are feeling empowered and unhindered. If the ocean is rough, then the dream represents some emotional turmoil. You are doing your best to handle life's ups and downs.

I hope this help.

Take care.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
trusted_soul,

Ummmm...No one is arguing...we've 'kicked' around some possible ideas... Both for and against the 3am 'thing' as well as the Djinn you mentioned in your experience.

Ideas were offered, theories debated and I, at least, actually learned something concerning the Djinn. We are not 'arguing', trust me you'd know it if we were.

If you truly feel like this individual has done something to you or your home then please try this it may help...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
Scbsd,

It's no problem.

If you saw me say it somewhere else your probably right I more than likely did say it as I thought that was what Djinn were 'formed' of.

Until you provided the link and I was able to do the research via them. I actually thought they were comprised of 'smoke and fire' not 'smokeless fire' so Thank you for the link.

Respectfully,

Rook
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
I'M not gullable there are people out there that can do healing and have psychic abilities and I am aware of the frauds I just wanted to know what the 3am might mean and if anyone else has a experience like this guy... If you don't have any nice comments to say or anything to help me please don't bother commenting!
Scbsd (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Sorry for the tardy reply, Rook. I've had Internet issues.

As far as my "several times", I am afraid I mis-typed. I think you only said this twice, That's a "couple times" not "several" (several being three or more).

I do think I saw you say this before, but probably only once. Which makes it less than "several".

My apologies.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
trusted_soul, I do agree seeing the same number or waking up around the same time in the night could have some meaning. However, the first place to look for meaning is within yourself. Reflect on your experiences and decide what they mean to you. From what you've said, I get a bad vibe about your "friend". He just seems to be too certain about things, and that bothers me. You sound genuinely concerned by the things he's telling you and I mean no offence but you sound a bit gullible. I wouldn't put too much stock in what this person is telling you. I really do think all the answers you need are inside yourself. Trust your instincts and take care of yourself.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
trusted_soul,

You stated...

"...my friend was telling me when you see certain numbers all the time it can mean something (according to this book) "

I think the theory you are referring to is one based in/on numerology... Mainly this...

If you see a certain number repeatedly the 'universe' is attempting to 'tell' you something. When this happens to us we should make note of what we were thinking at that moment or make note of the numbers and then apply numerology to figure out 'what' our attention should be drawn to.

Respectfully,

Rook
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
isandhu as I said before I was looking 3am up on the internet because I was curious to find out a meaning for waking up at this time because my friend was telling me when you see certain numbers all the time it can mean something (according to this book). I actually never found anything weird until I found this site and never new so many people made up 3am as a ghost tale!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Please disregard my question as a little research has revealed Sri Lanka to have a relatively healthy population of Moors, who speak a language related to Arabic (always happy to learn something new, so thank you for that). I still think this guy sounds shady based on his claims. I would stay away from him and don't let yourself get drawn into his BS.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Question: why would this guy be speaking Arabic if he's from Sri Lanka? Sounds like a scammer to me and I would recommend you be a little more choosy about whom you associate with. No one can interpret your dreams but you. As for the 3 a.m. Business, it is fiction. Sorry to be so blunt, but it's such a tired cliche many people on this site are tired to death of hearing about it.
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Thanks for sharing your experience. I can see how frightened and worried you would be. I agree that fear could be (at least partly) the cause of you waking up each night at the same time.
Most people's minds are pretty open to suggestion, whether we know it or not. And I've found that we can subconsciously 'train' our brains. (sound crazy?) For instance, Monday through Friday I can't sleep past 5am. My husband gets up at 6am to get ready for work. For some reason I always wake up an hour earlier. I've tried to sleep later because really, there's no reason for me to be awake that early, however, I never can. On the weekends however, I sleep right past 6am and usually don't wake up until after 7.
I say all that to say that it may be that after waking up a few times at that specific time, your brain is 'trained' to wake you up.
Also, I'm trying to post a story on this site about the reason that I never sleep with my hands/feet hanging over the edge of the bed...it's goes back to a dream I used to have when I was very young. I'm not sure that it's actually a paranormal 'experience' per se, but I'm interested in everyone's input on it.
However, while I was reading your story, I could just imagine how frightened you must have been. I don't have any suggestions, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about the 'power of suggestion', lol.
I hope to hear more from you about this situation.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Hi Rook
I think you may be very right in your approximation that it was fear that woke me around that time. The fact that I hate such movies and was guilted into watching it with false promises just furthers the idea that it was pure fear. I am a scaredycat when it comes to anything that intense, so I concur.

Respectfully
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Scbsd,

I thank you for catching my mistake concerning the Djinn. However you stated...

"Excuse me Rook. I've seen you make a (relatively minor) mistake here a few times recently."

What other times do you refer to?

Respectfully,

Rook
Scbsd (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Excuse me Rook. I've seen you make a (relatively minor) mistake here a few times recently.

You say--"Djinn's are beings that are comprised of smoke and fire."

I don't know if I believe in Djinn or not, but I have done a little research into the possible reality of these Beings and what they might be, if they exist at all. What it says about them in the Quran is that God/Allah created them out of "smokeless fire".

Surah 55
55:14 He created man of clay like the potter's,
55:15 And the jinn did He create of smokeless fire.

Googling "Djinn smokeless fire" brings up pages of reference material. I would paste the google page here, but it's too long, so I tinyurl-ed it. Anyone that wants to learn what Islamic lore and pre-Islamic lore say about the Djinn can find some sort of starting point in one of the pages that comes up on the google search.

Http://preview.tinyurl.com/9kj3upb

Like I said, it's a small mistake, but it's kind of fundamental to what these Beings are supposed to be, and I thought that you and others might appreciate little nugget of information regarding the Djinn.
dntbelieveinghost (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
trusted_soul, I am sure that guy sent a bad spirit (djinn) on you because you laughed on his rituals.
My suggestion-if you are still in contact with this guy, apologise to him for making fun of his powers. May be it ll help to solve your problem.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Mamachong,

Thank you for your response.

The internet can be a great guide for research but we must be careful to read 'links' from 'both sides' of the story. There is so much 'pop culture' on the web these days it's hard to filter out fact from fiction.

Respectfully,

Rook
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Actually, I don't have proof. I know I looked it up on line. Couldn't find much info. However seems like much of the activities I've had goes bump in the night sometime after midnight to 4am.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
What I know about Djinn's is limited... But here it is.

Djinn's are beings that are comprised of smoke and fire. They can be good or evil and have 'supernatural powers'.

Or to be 'literal'... (from the 'Good Book' Webster...)

Djinn: an invisible spirit mentioned in the Koran and believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.

Triden,

The fact that you were waking up at that time I think is based more on 'fear and nerves' rather than on watching that movie... It was 'based' on a 'true story' and designed to scare people as a means of entertainment.

Mamachong,

May I ask just which movies you have watched? I'm always up for a bit of research.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
I do not mean to 'pick a fight' but the 3am thing is a 'modern' concoction between storytelling and Hollywood.

So...away we go...again...

By who's 'clock' has it been determined the exact time Christ died on the cross? If Roman Time keeping is used... The same that we use today... Then the 9th hour is 9am... Calculated from midnight being 00:00 hours and 9:00am being the 9th hour. The Hebrews counted the hours a bit differently... They counted them from sunrise... So in theory... If the sun rose at exactly 6:00am on the day Christ died, then the 9th hour would indeed be 3:00pm.

I am a Christian myself... I converted from being a Witch. That's right, I was a Witch. I can say in all my years of being a Witch I never heard of 'the witching hour'. What I did 'gather' during my time as a witch was this...

The 'witching hour' is a time of night when supernatural creatures are believed to be particularly active, making it a prime time of night for witchcraft. Many people think of midnight specifically as the witching hour, while others more generally associate it with the dead of night, the dark hours when few people are awake and about. The association of darkness and supernatural activity is quite ancient, although the term "the witching hour" itself only dates back to around the early 1800s; terms like "the witching time of night" were used prior to this period. The phrase "The witching hour" was actually first seen in the 1831 edition of Frankenstein (in the intro) and it was seen later in 1835 in a short story written by Washington Irving called The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. However, the concept of the witching hour goes as far back as Shakespeare in Hamlet phrased as "The witching time of night." Shakespeare did not write Hamlet in the time of Christ... It was quite a number of years later.

None of these 'sources' PINPOINT that time as being 3am. It's not until 'true stories' such as The Exorcist and The Amityville Horror that 3am begins to 'take hold' as a 'bad time'. It has been used to great effect in stories/movies and is now ingrained into popular culture as 'historic fact'.

I keep asking for reference material... I keep asking those who say that 3am is indeed historically this 'big, bad' time and yet no one has provided any creditable references that 'make a case' for this being anything other than movie hype and good story telling.

Respectfully,

Rook
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
I have currently several movies on exorcisms. (I know, nothing I should brag about lol.) But however I do think people should at least research about possessions and demons, then take your belief about them from there. Again that is just suggestion. The best advise that I can give is for you to research different types of cleanings or religions. Whatever feels comfertable to you. Also look at other demonic stories on here. In the comments sections you will find different cleansing rituals. Some rituals work for some, but not others and vise versa.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
I've only watched a movie about djinns, about 6 months ago. I did look it up but I don't remember anything about them. Sorry I can't help you there. It was a b rated movie, another words fictional and cheesy.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: