You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Haunting That Came And Went

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting That Came And Went

 

I was a senior in high school about ready to graduate. It was April 2010 and never had an experience of any paranormal activity what so ever. In my mind they only existed in movies... Little did I know what I was in for. It all started in my room. I have a big house and my room is pretty big as well. The house isn't old either; my family moved in in 1998 and it was built in 1995. So it's 14 years old. I was watching TV in my room I was sitting on my couch and all of a sudden a paper cup rolled off the coffee table it was on and kept on rolling until it hit my desk chair. (which was very far from the TV) My first thought was "oh it must have been the wind from my ceiling fan which was on at the time. That same night I remember waking up to a loud thud in my room. I ignored it and went back to sleep. Then another thud happened. So I turn on my light and I saw 2 glasses which I left on my desk on the floor like they were just smacked off or something.

As time passed I graduated and summer began. I remember one night my friend dropped me off after a bunch of us were out all night. When I went out I usually got back around 2am. I got out of the car, my friend drove away and instantly I felt scared, nervous, anxious, and paranoid. As I walked up my driveway it literally felt like someone was walking behind me almost like telling me to hurry up. I remember my heart started POUNDING as I got closer and closer to my house. Once I got inside I was breathing heavily. To get to my room you can go 2 ways. The way I go is through my study and up a flight of stairs that directly leads to my room. The study door was closed as usual and when I opened it these feelings just intensified. I was scared to even go up my stairs. When I got to the top I quickly turned all my lights on and I didn't feel like sleeping. I remember sitting on my bed out of breath completely. I remember saying to myself "Oh my God dude you need to calm down!" I eventually did and decided to go to bed with the lights on.

Here is a over all lay out of my room. You come up the stairs on your right there is a window. Right in front of you is my bed to the left is where the TV and couch are and so is my desk and there is also a piano in my room for some reason. Its old. So I'm about to fall asleep when my window flies open all the way. It was loud and it scared me really bad. That night was when I came to the conclusion that something was going on.

Through out the entire summer things got worse. I heard knocks on my ceiling creaks and crackles, things I have never heard before in my room. I always got this negative evil vibe when I was in there. I knew something was in there. But I didn't know why all of a sudden this would start happening. Summer ended and my 1st year of college was at a community college just down the street and I had morning classes so I'd be home around 11am and be home alone until about 3pm. Most days nothing happened, things were normal. But some days were not so good. I'll just skip to the worst experience I had.

I came home from class and I made some lunch and went down to my basement to watch TV and eat my food. I left the door open like I always do. Maybe 30 to 45 minutes later the door slammed shut and I'm talking HARD like someone was pissed after a fight or something. So I was like okay sweet let's go investigate.

I go back upstairs to put my plate away but this time I closed the basement door. I put my plate in the sink, went to the bathroom, went back to the living room and saw that my basement door had been opened. I checked to see if my mom or dad came home early... They didn't. So I went to my room and saw that my window was wide open the farthest you could possibly open it. The month now was October. I closed it and went back down stairs for a few hours then went back up to check facebook and the window was open AGAIN! I started freaking out. I shut it and locked it tight and went to the bathroom to change. Now in this bathroom the mirror reflects into the hall way so you can see into my room. I was getting ready then all of a sudden my bedroom door slammed shut shaking the walls, the floor. It was like the hulk shut my door. I freaked out jumped in my car and just drove to my friends house and stayed there all day because I felt UNSAFE at home.

This date I actually do remember it was October 15th, 2010 I remember thinking "wow nothing has happened for awhile." And that's just it nothing ever did again. I went from being afraid of my room to absolutely loving it. Never have I gotten a weird vibe from that room again. It's very peaceful just like it was before April 2010. Whatever was in my room was there for 6th months and then just vanished. I do remember staring at the piano and not liking the feeling I got when I looked at it. Also the nights that I did go out with my friends that summer, which was almost every night, something told me that whatever was in my room didn't like it when I left. I never saw someone or any form of a ghost it was just slamming of doors my window opening. Feelings of anxiousness, fear, paranoia and feeling watched.

It is now October 10th, 2012. It's been 2 years and nothing has happened I'm away at college, now, no longer at the community college. But I just want to know WHY I was haunted for 6 months? And why whatever was there just came out of nowhere and then just left? I never told my parents or siblings. Just 2 close friends and they just said I was crazy. Since it is October I thought I'd post this to see what people had to say because I'm clueless as to what the heck went on for those 6 months...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Unknown2015, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Unknown2015 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
DARKNESS: Dude, thank you so much that makes so much sense. I didn't know this could happen... Very interesting. That defiantly helped thank you so much! 😁
Unknown2015 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
Sorry guys I'm new at this. I thought there was a way I could individuality comment on your comments. But could that be why? Because I was under a lot of stress? My parents drove me crazy and I had friend drama because it was high school.

WONDERING1: yes, I think it had something to do with the piano. When I looked at it during that time I felt scared I got an evil vibe. But now I feel nothing its just a panio. Maybe your husbands grandmother or his aunt are attached to it somehow? Did they like music or playing the piano?
Unknown2015 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
Hey sorry I haven't responded I just found out this got published I was 17-18 at the time I'm 20 now... And yes I was under a lot of stress an I had horrible fights with my family... And I'm emotionally stable...? So no psychiatric treatment necessary. No the piano is still in my room I actually went home for the weekend everything is still fine. It was just that weird 6 months. And I couldn't tell my family they would have thought I was crazy. My parents are very closed minded and would say "o your just hearing things and that I need more sleep" my sister though recently has been seeing "shadow people" as have I so I told her this story when she told me about them shes 14...
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
Well i've had same experiants like that but I always saw figures I'm just wondering did you get rid of the piano xx
Aoife
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Although the author has not replied to any of the comments, even after seeking help, yet I feel like suggesting a complete psychiatric evaluation ASAP. I request this test to rule out all normal causes before investigating the paranormal.

Regards
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Very interesting story and theories alike with this story!

The question raised about whether you had an antique piece of property in your possession at the time I found valid and interesting for you to think about.

And the poltergeist activity has been documented, as DARKNESS has suggested, might be worth looking up and hopefully will provide you with some answers.

Keep us posted!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Could have been a number of things but the first thing to spring to my mind was Poltergeist activity, this being an excess of emotions being surpressed mainly within teenagers hormones, school, puberty and stress etc, this inturn can be manifesting itself in a form of telekinesis making things like this occur without you knowing it.
It isn't actually a spirit so to say, just the effects of this abundant energy manifesting. In most cases it will leave and dissapear in exactly the kind of time frame you have mentioned eg 6 months. Of course this is just a theory but there have been many documented cases on this happening. Something else to consider!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
All the suggestions made were good... My suggestion would be something attaching itself to an object that was brought into you room like that piano. Was that piano brought second hand and did you get rid of it after six months?

Also, why didn't you tell your family about what you experienced?
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
It sounds like an entity just passing through. It played it's jokes and scared you, and then maybe it got bored and moved on to another prey;)

Another explantion can be a poltergeist. At times when teenagers are under stress or emotional disturbances a poltergeist will make itself known.

At least your in peace! People go on for lifetimes with these problems so your lucky:)

Best wishes, Andrea
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
I'm afraid no one can give you a definitive answer to your questions, although Argette has suggested several possibilities. Basically, the energy could have come from you or a family member or it could have been attracted to you due to your age or stressors in your life or it could have been attached to an object that came into your life for a brief period. Personally, based on what you have said, I think it most likely originated with you and started and stopped for reasons in your life that you would be in the best position to judge. It sounds to me like you were graduating and transitioning to life as an adult, which is a stressful time, and there may have been other contributing factors. I'm glad to hear the activity has stopped.
Argette (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
So many reasons why you might have experienced this series of incidents.

Did you have any item in your possession during that period that you relinquished or gave back to someone?

Was some sort of change happening to your home physically?

Were you under undue stress? There were certainly changes in your life at that time.

Was your family undergoing some sort of emotional situation?

And finally, if you have a TV in your room, why were you watching it in the basement. I might have missed something here...
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Hi Unknown, what age were you during the time of the activity?
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Very interesting story. I don't have any answers for you unfortunately. I'm kind of new to this. Though I've had 'experiences' all my life, it's only in the last few months that I've started to really want to know more.
My home is haunted, I've lived here for about 6 years now. I have a story posted here what happened when my husband and I remodeled our home. I hadn't experienced anything much since then... But you mentioning the piano in your story has got me thinking.
We recently "inherited" a very old piano from my husband's aunt who passed away last December. We got the piano in January of this year. It belonged to my husband's grandmother before his aunt got it.
Since then, I've had a few experiences that I just kind of wrote off... But since I read your story and you mention YOUR piano, I'm thinking...hmmm.
Thanks for sharing, it was quite interesting and has definitely made me think...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: