You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Signs Of My Mother

Real Ghost Stories

Signs Of My Mother

 

Three years ago, when I was eighteen, my mother died because of a heart attack. No one saw it coming, so obviously me and my family were all terribly shocked.

A few months a ago I felt horrible and broke down. As I was crying in bed I started asking my mom for help. I wanted her to give me strength to help me get though this period in my life. I asked her to give me a sign if she was with me. That night I was just hysterical, nothing actually happened, but it was the first and only time I've ever asked out loud for my mom to help me.

A couple of weeks must have gone by after that when I started experiencing things I couldn't explain. About once a week I would get woken up by my bedroom door slamming, though the door is always shut when I go to bed. This kept going on for a couple of weeks, then it kept happening two or three times a week. Never really gave it much thought, except it being annoying, as I was sleeping.

Recently right after the (closed) door slamming I would hear footsteps on the floor in my bedroom right by the door. My bed is actually around a corner so I would just peek if anyone was actually in my room, but I'm the only one that's on this floor of the house and no one else is ever up here. A couple of weeks ago I was about to go to sleep and I got in bed and I heard someone sitting down in the office chair at my desk. Not some old squeeky chair, you have to really lean back into it to have it even make a noise.

These experiences definitly confirmed my feeling of someone being in my room. When I think of a spirit, I obviously think of my mom, but I completely forgot that I had even asked for a sign.

At this time I would also sometimes feel someone standing by my bed at night or in the morning. It would start with feeling a presence by the end of my bed or seeing a dark figure at night, definitly a human form, but if I'd sit up in by bed it would already be gone. It happened a couple of times, not every night. One day I even felt someone breathing over me and whisper incoherently.

Prior to this I had never experienced anything that could be paranormal, but I simply can't explain this any other way. Only a few days ago I remembered the night I broke down and asked for my mom to help me, and to give me a sign of her presence. Not sure where to go from here, if I should try to make contact with her now that's she has let me know she's here with me.

I used to think spirits didn't even exist but now I'm definitly taking it seriously. I know some of the sounds I described can sound very general, but I've never heard anything in this house as specific as these sounds and they are occuring after I had asked for them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miliano, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
I am so pleased you have seen your mum, it's a great loss when someone passes whom you love, a piece of your heart goes with them. I don't believe that time heals, you just learn to live with the hurt. I sincerely hope your mum visits you more and hope this gives you great comfort. Take care x
callthewind (17 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
*Warm thoughts to you*, Miliano. I lost my mother 3.5 years ago and she has given me signs. Literally too. The song "Signs Signs, Everywhere a Sign" started playing by itself on my CD player in her house. I was startled but thankful! I knew it was her.

What a gift that she is making herself known. When you feel her presence or have experiences do you talk to her afterwards?

Thanks for your story. Please keep us updated with more signs!
Miliano (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Thank you all for responding! And everyone's kind wishes, very nice to read.

To answer samtillie's question: it's been three years since she has passed away. I freak out a little bit when I hear or see something obviously, because the experiences are so weird, but I don't feel threatened!

I've had one more significant experience a week ago.
It's just another night so I guess it's better to just post it here instead of as a new ghost story.

I woke up again in the middle of the night, not because of sound, I just felt a presense too close to me. Hard to explain, but like something was pressed onto my face (that might sound a little threatening haha, but it went away in a second). I looked up and actually saw a figure by the back wall of my room, it was my mother without a doubt. I could see her skin tone, her hair, a dark blue shirt she wore a lot. I had to blink 20 times to convince myself I wasn't just imagining something or had blurry vision. Still saw her. It's still confusing to me because I don't know if I'm just tripping, but after seeing her so clearly, it must mean something!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
Our mothers do watch over us, my mother crossed over in 2009 and I have been fortunate enough not only to receive the signs, but I was also able to see, talk and hug my mother from beyond, not only myself, my children and wife also have be able to see and feel her presence...it's not the end mate,it's only the beginning you'll be with her again one day, until then live your life knowing she's in a better place and reaches out to you like mothers do for their children.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
Miliano:
I have to agree with Fergie, as someone stated on my first story about the spirit of my grandmother, blocking us from watching horrors in the house, the chances are that things she does to get your attention and try to communicate with you may be scary, that doesn't mean that it's not your mom. It could be that she cannot communicate in any other way. Its always good to trust your "Gut feeling" as Fergie said, if you think it's your mom, it most likely is. I thought for years that a presence in my house is a wonderful friend of mine who passed away 7 years ago, and when I found out that there is a little boy in my house, I was kind of crushed, because my heart told me it was Charles. It turned out, it actually is Charles, he just wasn't with me when we found out about the little boy. My gut was right on the money.

Don't doubt yourself
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Lol samtillie, I will take that as a compliment! (I think) 😕
I would give my 'eye teeth' to look that gorgeous... Or even be that young again! I am sure that I have been a "Fergie" for longer than she has been alive.

Thanks samtillie. 😊
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Fergie (everytime I see a post from you reminds me of Fergie from Blackeyedpeas haha) - so true on your comment too, lovely x
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Miliano,
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I too have lost a very special person, within this last year. I know how difficult it is.

In my opinion, go with your 'gut feeling'! If it feels like your Mom, it most probably is. The bond/love between mother and child, will Never Be Broken! ❤
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Aqua05 - what makes you think that then? What knowledge/skill have you got. To make you think this? Cause I personally would wait for someone with experience and knowledge to write a comment. Your like a bull in a China shop with your comment, remember your comments on such a delicate matter as this could really upset someone. This poor person has lost her mum and we can tell she is suffering, please be abit more sensitive! I may seem harsh sometimes with my comments but this is not a site for ridicule and some people leave very negative comments. All th. Best and again "no offence" x

This comment from aQua05 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
So sorry to hear about your mum. Can I ask if you don't mind how long ago she passed away? I only ask because of the grieving period, there is such a thing as complicated grief and this is that you feel the same feelings as you did when your mum first passed and they are as intense. It is called complicated grief if the passing was two or more years ago, (I just thought this would help because you can get help for this). Sorry about digressing. I am not sure if the spirit is your mum... You don't feel threatened do you in any way? If it is your mum am sure you wouldn't feel threatened, I only ask cause I don't think I read in your post anything about this. I am not experienced at all... I am just mentioning my thoughts. Would be really lovely and such a comfort if this was your mum, cause she answered you in your time ofneed. I always like to think that loved ones whom have passed are always around and checking on us, but sometimes we just don't feel them. I am sure many other people on here would agreed. I hope someone can give you more information on here due to their knowledge. Take care x
Argette (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
I too am sorry for your loss. You will recover but it will always be with you, and I am hopeful your mother's love will be with you as well.

Lady-glow has given you some words of wisdom that we can all heed.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
I'm sorry for your loss.
It is hard to say if the presence you sense is your mother, but I think it is possible considering the fact that you asked for a sign that she is still with you.
But you can not change the fact of her passing, and even if it hurts you have to let her go, keep in mind that the love between you two will remain unchanged no matter what. Let her know that you will be fine and are willing to move on without her... And let her move on, too.
And when you need her, you will meet her in that place in your heart where laugh and tears coexist together.
blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Hello,
So sorry for your loss first off. Wow...I'd be wondering too if it was a sign or just silly things our minds make up when we get spooked. I really enjoyed reading this and I hope you can find out what's going on. Not sure if you should address it and ask questions or if you should wait and see what else may happen. Good luck! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: