You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Window Knocker

Real Ghost Stories

The Window Knocker

 

This is a short story of a scary experience I had in the first house I grew up in. I was probably 4 at the time. We were having a family reunion at our house and had everybody over. Lots of food and lots of play to be had with all of my cousins. I remember being tired and wanting to go to sleep just when the sun went down, so I went to my room and fell asleep.

I had woken up to someone knocking at my window, but it wasn't a polite knock. It was like pounding more so than anything. I didn't think anything of it except that it was probably one of my cousins being mean or something. The knocking hadn't stopped. It was just a constant knocking. I got out of bed to see who it was. I walked over to the window and opened my curtains, and while the loud knocking was still happening, there was no one there in front or on the side of the window.

I remember my breathing getting really heavy and tears forming in my eyes. I couldn't move I was so scared. Somehow I broke free of paralysis and ran out to the living room, which was empty other than the TV being on, the clock on the wall that read almost 3am and my mother asleep on the couch. It definitely wasn't my cousins now. Funny thing that happened is while I was yelling and shaking my mom to wake her up I peed straight through my underwear and all over her face. Talk about a rude awakening! That's all that I remember about that incident.

I do remember the first encounter ever that happened to me, which was in this house. I woke up early in the morning and everyone was still asleep. I was making a bowl of cereal in the kitchen when I started to feel kind of weird. I opened the fridge door to get the milk and I looked toward the other end of the kitchen and saw a hand, just a hand, slowly fingering for me to "come here". I did, right away as a matter of fact thinking it was my dad, but when I turned the corner no one was around. They were all sleeping still. Pretty creepy house. It's for sale now. You can check out the pics on the link I'll post in the comments section.

Other hauntings by ryanrowe82

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ryanrowe82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Thanks ryanrowe and Lakota for clarifying my silly question. I wish I had something helpful to tell you. I don't think a rational explanation can been ruled regarding the knocking incident, although I do not doubt that whatever it was terrified you. The hand thing is a little harder to explain. There nothing scarier than disembodied parts. Ugh!
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Ryan,

I am so sorry that you got that scared! I can't imagine the bravery it took you to share this experience with us all! I don't have it in me to share such experiences. Thank you for being so brave and wonderful.

I've been peed on through a cloth diaper by my son. He happened to be at the right height with me blowing on his belly to make him giggle, that well, when his anatomy stood enough to pee... I took it right in the face through the material! It taught me to use extra padding material on the new batch I made! So a mom sleeping on a couch, especially an older couch that is made lower to the ground than these newer couches, with a 4 year old screaming in her face... Yeah well... What a wakeup call!
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Well, being a kid I was pretty short and wore pretty thin briefs, probably batman briefs. My mom was sleeping on the couch, so it was pretty much lined up for the face.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
How is it possible that you peed through your underwear and on her face? Were you standing on top of her?
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Dan I thought of your story straight away when I read this! Something very freaky about disembodied limbs beckoning people. Gives me the creeps thinking about it! 😨 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Oh my! Your poor mother! And this DID remind me of DARKNESS's story with the hand at the end of the story.

I wonder who or what caused that knocking though?

And I'll bet your mum does remember, she just tells you that she doesn't πŸ˜‰
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
ryanrowe82: Mate I can relate to the hand, as zzsgranny mentioned in her comment I am the poster who had a very similar experience with the hand gesturing for me to come towards it! If you click on my name and go to my story titled "Whose hand is that?" Have a read and let us know what you think! Creepy house you had there, sorry to hear about the accident with your mum bet she was a tad upset! πŸ˜†Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Yeah, I asked her if she remembered that and she doesn't, so I'm guessing it didn't weigh too much on her heart.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Scary and how unfortunate for your mum in regards to the pee incident! Take care x
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Those 2 things are the only things that I can remember, but sometimes I do remember things that had happened. These 2 are the only ones I can remember right now. I do know there's another one, but I don't remember what it was. Not a very pleasant house.
callthewind (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
This picture of the house on Tulia' website looks strange to me. There seems to be a dark cloud emanating from the middle of the roof reaching to the top edge of the picture. It could be an atmospheric phenomenon or smoke, but it does looks weird.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Hmmmmm looking at the link you posted, it seems people don't really stay very long in this house. I wonder why... 😲
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Oh my gosh your poor mom! No doubt you must have been terrifed. That hand gesturing you to come towards it is pretty bizarre too. Were these the only 2 experiences you had at this house?
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
"You can check out the pics on the link I'll post in the comments section."

I am WAITING...! 😐
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
I clearly remember how hard the knocks were and know there's no way for a pipe, A/C or anything else to make a window pound that hard. They were REALLY hard knocks. My room wasn't anywhere near the kitchen and our washer and dryer were on the other side of the house outside.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
ryanrowe,

While I do not have an explanation for the 'hand' gesturing for you to 'come over here'. I would like to ask a couple of questions about the window incident.

Do you remember if the wall this window was in had a vent, plumbing or was near your washer/dryer or fridge?

If not any of the above, did your home have central air and if so was the 'unit' located near your window?

These are just a few things a 4 year old would never have thought about when this incident occurred.

Respectfully,

Rook...
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
haha! I know it seems a little silly, but it was real enough for me to remember and real enough for me to believe it was one of my relatives messing with me. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
i liked your story. It made me laugh, even though it must have been really scary for you. I bet your mom was not very happy.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
Ryan: I'm sorry, but the one about the hand gave me a giggle... We have a regular poster who had a similar experience, but I think I'll wait and let him tell it πŸ˜†...

Off to read your other posts, now 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: