We wish you a scary Halloween!

You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: As It Happened

Real Ghost Stories

As It Happened

 

When I was 39 which was 13 years ago, I lived in a two storey brick house at Toukley new South Wales, with my husband, two teenage sons, a teenage daughter a 10 year old daughter and a one year old son. We believed that the house was built by and owned by an elderly Italian couple in the 70's or 80's, but they had passed on. It was a very nice house, but some strange things went on.

It was a large house with 5 bedrooms. All the strange stuff happened up stairs.

Well the first thing that happened was when my oldest daughter was staying over for the weekend, with her baby daughter she was 7 months old. Scott my youngest son was 12 months old his room was opposite my room upstairs. We had put the baby's down for the night when about an hour later we heard the most horrible scream we have ever heard before coming from the baby's room. We rushed in to find my son Scott standing up in his cot looking up at the ceiling, and my granddaughter lying down staring at the ceiling shaking. We were concerned at the time but all had settled down.

About a month later we had a few friends over. We were all in the lounge room when one of our friends asked what was near my bedroom door. It looked like a mist of some kind, like haze or fog about the size of a human. We all got up and went near it we did not know what to make of it. One of our friends put his hand through it, and he said it felt icy cold then it went away.

A couple of months later I was home with Scott. He was asleep in his room and I was up stairs watching TV. We had a large fish tank in the lounge room when all of a sudden spark's and flames started coming out of the power point It scared the living daylights out of me. I did not think much about the things that were going on until a short time after we moved out when the house burnt down. It has had me thinking ever since...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, billabongchic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Audrone (13 posts)
 
5 years ago (2012-11-08)
How was your granddaughter "shaking"? I'm wondering if it could have been a seizure?

I also wouldn't rule out faulty electrical wiring as a cause of the fire. Do you know if authorities officially ruled on the cause of the fire?

As for the mist? Hmmm... Very interesting.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
5 years ago (2012-11-07)
Like BadJuuJuu mentioned the wiring would have been priority number one on my mind and connecting it with paranormal experiences does make sense. Was it your grandmother who made the scream at the time or did that come from something else? I get the feeling even taking the whole electricity thing out of the equation that something paranormal was going on! Interesting story billabongchic! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dan
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
5 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hi Billabongchic,
Frustating as it is, I wish we could communicate with babies/kids so that could tell us what they're feeling or what they saw right?
Wonder what really scared the hell outta your boy in that room that day!?

As for the mist, for me, it was most certainly a presence of some sort, same as what your son saw? We will never know, and the house being burned down... Is plain creepy... To end things off.

Thanks for sharing!:)
billabongchic (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2012-11-06)
No we never did have it checked, out I still have the fish tank and have not had any other problems with it. I really don't know what to think. I do believe in the super natural. I have had other things happen to me before, I will have to write it up when I get a chance, as I am only new to this site. Thanx for getting back to me...debbie... 😁
BadJuuJuu (13 stories) (1034 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2012-11-06)
Did you ever get the electrical system in the house checked? The sparks at the power point of the aquarium make me think the wiring could have been faulty. Perhaps the fire that later burned the house down was caused by faulty wiring, from what you've said here it seems possible.
A popular theory is that paranormal activity has to absorb energy from an external source in order to manifest. Bad wiring can be a source of energy for an entity to draw from and use to manifest itself. Interesting account.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: