You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ward 4b - Room 210

Real Ghost Stories

Ward 4b - Room 210

 

This incident happened on the night of 24 July 2012.

I had been hospitalized with Bronco Pneumonia and ended up in a ward with, at that point, 4 other ladies. As you enter the ward you have a total of six beds. Three on the left and three on the right. I was given the last bed on the left. In the middle lay, Elaine, who I became friends with during that week. I never found out who the lady next to her was because she was gone the next morning. Across from me lay the sweetest little old Lady, named Louise. I liked her very much. The bed next to her was empty and there was a lady who appeared to be late 20's to begin 30's in the last bed.

When I was shown to my bed, the nurse checked the remote to make sure it was in working order. As it turned out, the new-fangled electronic bed wasn't functioning, so she took the bed next to the little old lady and replaced it with the one that wasn't working. This was a normal, manually adjusting hospital bed. I went through the pages upon pages of questions they had, signed all the necessary forms, had seen the doctor and eventually had my drip in and could rest. I did not speak to anyone during that first day. That evening my parents brought my kids to visit, and, thanks to my dad, Elaine got pulled into the conversation. When my family had left, Elaine and I kept chatting, becoming friends quite fast. We were up and chatting until after 11:00PM when we finally went to sleep. I struggled to settle down, my chest was painful and I struggled to breathe properly.

I had a dream about the exact ward we were in, but I knew that things were not right because suddenly, there was an exceptionally angry man in the bed next to Louise. He was looking at me and he was very agitated, but I never heard a sound from him. One moment he would be sitting on the bed, his legs off the right side and his feet on the floor. Then, he would be pacing up and down next to the bed, again, on the right side of the bed. Always gesturing toward me, seeming very upset. I was woken up at 5:00AM for meds and looked at the bed, it was empty. When we got our early morning cup of coffee, Elaine sat and looked at me and said, "I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that there was a very angry man in the bed across from me". At this point I looked at her and asked her what he looked like. She said he seemed to be in his early 40's, average looking, with a slight stomach, a full beard, and short brown hair. I almost dropped my cup. That was the exact same man I had seen in my dream. I told her as much and told her about my dream. She then told me that the man didn't just pace up and down next to his bed in her dream, he walked to the bed I was sleeping in, but, in her dream, there was a dark haired woman in that bed (I'm blonde) and he was fighting with her. Just as in my dream, she saw his gestures, but never heard a word he was saying. We found this both freaky and interesting. So, she told me she'd ask her husband, Tim, if he could sense anything from that side of the room. When 15:00 visiting hour rolled around, Tim arrived. He walked to Elaine's bed, took a chair and put it so that his back was turned directly to the bed in question. This was before we had told him anything about the dream.

When Elaine had introduced me to her husband, she then told him about our dreams and asked him if he could sense anything from that bed. He then gave her a look and said "Why do you think I put my back to that bed?" and he proceeded to tell us that the man was still there, sitting on the bed. I asked him to tell us what he looked like, and he gave the exact same profile as the man that we had dreamed about. To say that I was completely freaked out, is putting it mildly. I hate hospitals; there is always a lingering feeling somewhere. Tim said the man was upset, he had died completely alone and he still waits for his family or anyone he knew to come see him.

By that evening, I was beginning to dread going to sleep, afraid that I would be having more dreams of the man. To my utter relief, a woman came in that evening, and, since it was the only open one, she took that bed. We did not have any more dreams of the man for the rest of the week.

I did however; have to have my drip reset the Wednesday night. It had infiltrated before dinner (which is 5:00PM) and my right hand was swollen and painful. The nursing staff finally got to me and reset the drip after 10:00PM that night. I am not a fan of needles and this was the third drip in 2 days, so, I am not ashamed to say I cried when they redid it. I finally settled down by 11:00PM and fell asleep. At some point during the night, I woke up, and heard the distinct sound of a metal bedpan clanging on our floor. However, no footsteps, no movement in the room. The curtain was still drawn between myself and Elaine, so I couldn't see past my bed. I decided, since I had had such a rude awakening, I might as well get up and go to the toilet. When I got round my bed and could see the space leading to the door, two things hit me. One, there was no bedpan on the floor; and two, the door was closed. I wheeled the drip stand along and walked to the door. Opening it, I was greeted with a dark, silent passage. The nurses were all at the nursing station down the hall to the right; no one was even close to our room.

I chalked it up to having an over active imagination, mostly due to the fact that I hate hospitals, but I still wonder...

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

squareface101 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Im sorry about your illness it must have brought extreme pain. On the other hand It doesn't sound like a very heart warming hospital does it? 😨 😨 😨
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
[at]DARKNESS
Hi Dan, yes indeed. They have made substantial impact on my life, and Tim has answered a lot of questions I have had for years, but had no proof for. On some level I always knew my gran was there, I don't know how, I just did. I suspected Charlie was there, but the "proof" really made it hit home for me. My experiences in life have shown me that there are no coincidences, things happen for a reason.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Ahhh triden07, so this is where Tim and Elaine come into your life, how interesting. I believe this was all done for a reason look at all the help you have received from this encounter. Some powerful divine intervention is at play here. I hope this man has moved on, I'm not a big fan of hospitals aswell and to consider being stuck in there for eternity would do my head in. Another goodie!

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
This is the thing with public forums. You never know how, when asking a question about a known tragedy, it is going to affect someone else. So perhaps it would be best to keep the comments away from that area, okay, and related to the stories.

Thank you 😊
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
beautifuleden
My mother was at school with Gert's daughter. She spent weekends in that house while those girls were disappearing, totally oblivious. She could have been one of them. Tim could tell my mom where Gert kept the girls, that there was a door in his house they were not allowed to go near. My mom was amazed, that's insider information, not even the police reported the room where the clothes and bloody knives were kept. He threatened my mom and her friends with violence if they came near that room. That's where the girl who got out was kept. Tim stated that what kept my mom from being taken (apart from gran being there), she was not blonde. All the girls he took had predominently light hair.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Triden, how come you are asking about the stories about Gert van Rooyen and the girls he kidnapped? I know a lady who's little sister was 1 of the girls: (
Runswithlydia (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
I come here to this site every so often since I posted and I like the stories here. Many of the experiences here assist me in my research into the paranormal. Hospitals have always had a very high 'creepy' factor for me all my life so I can totally relate to year story. Great work.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Triden07, thank you for your answer. I didn't see in your story the line in which the woman was asleep.
Bit weird, actually, to be fighting with someone who is sound asleep. One frustrated ghost I'll say. 😜
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hey Shlain
Do you remember the stories about Gert van Rooyen and the girls he kidnapped?
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
It's just so comforting to have the light on! The entity is still there but its like the light diminishes its "scare factor" a little. I should have learned my lesson by now, because when something is going to happen, my cats tend to abandon me all alone in my room. Traitors!

Strangely I know my house is NOT haunted. The experiences I have in the house is due to spirits just passing through. I just know! It's so difficult to do research on deaths in the area or land. You're so fortunate to have someone like Tim around. Psychics are everywhere but 99.9% of them are fonies.

I remember a medium told me once that we that are "sensitives" are like lighthouses and the spirits are the ships that are lost in the darkest nights on the seas. They're drawn to our inner light.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Shlain
Funny thing, I know my room is protected, but I have not gone to bed with the lights off since I got confirmation about the spirits in the house. I don't know why, I'm just too scared for some or other reason. I have "Jabes se Gebed" taped up against my headboard, extra protection, got the Bible there too. Just can't bring myself to turn off the bedside lamp.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hi Shlain
I am from Kempton Park. Long ways from Cape Town, damn hehehehe. I'm glad you enjoyed my stories. I most definitely did not enjoy the panic and fear incident, I promise you. I can honestly say, learning everything I have about my house and our guardians in the past 2 months has been overwhelming at times, some days I still wonder if all this isn't just some very elaborate dream.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hello and hugs from a fellow S. African! ❤

I've read all your stories and I'm amazed at your "sensitive" abilities. I myself have experienced many paranormal things and it still scares me. Was awake the whole night of 5 November with the feeling of something standing next to my bed and staring at me. Kept the light on all night like a chicken.
What parts of the country are you from?
Thanx for sharing your experiences

Shlain xxx
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Fergie
Ooh I hope you give 'em hell 😜 Going through those types of things can be such a hassle. I remember how much effort it was to get my UIF claim in when the twins were born. Not fun.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Lol triden, Some of them I have to read in 'installments'. I have been 'on the run', these past couple of days - fighting with SASSA, to be able to renew my old age pension.
I promise to give your accounts more time, when I have the chance. 😊
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
oops! I put one too many "lo" in that last post. Very blonde hehehe
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hey Fergie
I was hoping you would get around to my stories 😉 being a felolow south african, I always appreciate your input.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Triden, I have been around hospitals more times than I care to remember, in the last 4 years. I only remember seeing plastic bed-pans; I think what you heard, was a 'residual' sound.

Sometimes I think that our lives are all 'mapped out' for us, that there are no coincidences in life! You and Elaine were destined to meet at that hospital, for reasons that have since been revealed.

Thank you so much for sharing so many accounts with us. You have bared your soul in a truly remarkable style. I wish you all of the best for the future. ❤
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Miracles51031
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I believe Elaine and I had to meet. My cousin, the one I wrote about in "she didn't want us to sleep", bares a striking resemblence to Elaine, or is it the other way around? So much so that even Tim had to admit the resemblence was uncanny. They have the same mennerisms and the same type of personality as well.

As a side note, the day Charlie revealed himself to me, I asked him if my cousin was ok, and he said "she will be".
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
airstream
You know what the funny thing is? In the week that I was in that hospital, I never even saw one bedpan, plastic or metal, but I know the sound a metal one makes when it falls. My gran had one that she used when my granddad was in the throes of cancer. I heard that particular one fall many a time.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Isolde
I don't know how much of what myself or Elaine saw in the dream could be seen as how the ward actually was when this man was alive. We could very well have been caught in the dream where he was already a ghost, fighting with a female patient. And she had absolutely no idea. As Elaine mentioned, the woman lay sleeping.

Newhunter
It was the sound of the pan crashing to the floor that woke me up. From the sound, I expected someone to be standing just on the other side of the curtain between Elaine and myself.

As I have read someone say before, there is already an air of paranoia to most people who come here to share their stories. Some may believe it, some may not. In my case, I remember why it has taken me 5 years to allow a doctor to hospitalize me.
airstream (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Triden- I enjoyed your story very much and believe you 100%. In America, most hospitals have plastic bedpans now. It could be different in South Africa. I haven't seen a metal bedpan since I can remember and I've been a nurse for 20 years. I am not saying they don't still have them around but most hospitals have plastic now. It could have been something else metal though. Hard to say. As for the shared dream... That is really freaky! It makes me wonder how many other patients have experienced the same thing and just haven't said anything.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Intersting story Triden I enjoyed reading it. I would say that Miracles may be correct in saying it may have happened down the hall but I would like to ask did the sound of the pan wake you up or did you hear it just after waking up. You said you woke up and heard it but then stated you had a rude awaking, I only ask because if the sound woke you up I would be doubtful it happened in another room.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Wow, well told, loved this story.
Any idea why this man was fighting with that woman?
Isn't it common practice to have men and women separated in hospital rooms? Or am I just being a bit old-fashioned here?:-)
So. How come she was there?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
triden - there may be people who doubt or question your story but I'm not one of them. Sometimes people just connect in a rather unique way and it can't be explained, no matter how others try to rationalize it away. I think you and Elaine are two of those people 😊

As for the bedpan, granted it could have been from a room down the corridor and the sound echoed to your room. Then again...

Thank you for sharing this story with us and for introducing us to Elaine and Tim 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: