You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Amy's Experience With Kiddo

Real Ghost Stories

Amy's Experience With Kiddo

 

My cousin Amy has always been able to sense spirits. Though, she could always see them very clearly, when they chose to show themselves to her, she could never communicate with them. At some point, she had become so afraid of what she could see that she willed herself to turn it off. Though, she can't escape feeling and sensing spirits, she now never sees them.

She and her boyfriend came by for a quick visit last Tuesday night (30 October 2012), and I told her about what we had been experiencing in the house the past few weeks. She told me that, one year when she had been house sitting for my parents (we had gone down to the Natal Coast for Christmas), in this very house, her boyfriend and his friend had gone on a booze run one night, so she was home alone with her baby boy. They had put his camping cot up in the TV room and she said she got a fright when the baby started giggling for no apparent reason. She said his eyes seemed to follow something and it made him happy. As this happened she then heard footsteps, very loud and clear, running through the kitchen, then out of the door leading to right where she was, and then past the Jacuzzi, through the dining room and back into the kitchen. She said she was so afraid she "armed" herself with a tiny screw driver in one hand and a bottle of vodka in the other, hiding behind a table in case whoever or whatever it was came back around the room. I cracked up at this. Do not get me wrong, I understand the fear she felt, I have had similar fear, but, she was always so much more of a tomboy than I ever was, she even helped out in a morgue one night. However, picturing her, arming herself with a screw driver and alcohol against a ghost, I couldn't help but laugh at this. I told her about Tim and thought I should ask him if he knew where the footsteps came from. He told me that it was just Kiddo (the little boy in the front room) who was looking through the house, searching for me and my boys. He had not meant to scare anyone, and he found amusement in playing with her baby for a while, but he was lonely and looking for his "family".

I took her around the house on Tuesday night, took her to where our gran usually is, and told her to say hi to granny. Then I took her to Kiddos room, and the moment we walked in she told me she always felt incredible sadness when she was in this room. I asked Tim about this and he said her abilities opened her up to the sad part of this little guy's existence. Then he said if she opens herself up to seeing again, he hopes she never sees Kiddo when he is sad. That would mean seeing him as he ended up dying, being burnt alive.

Strange thing about the bond between this cousin and me, we were supposed to be born on the same day, but complications arose and I was born 13 days premature. We fell pregnant at the same time and our due dates were on the same day. However, again, complications arose and my babies were born 11 weeks prematurely. I had known since I was a little girl that I was going to have twins. I never doubted it even for a millisecond. In addition, I knew that they were going to be boys. I do not know how I knew this, but it was as if it was not a conscious thought. I just always knew.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
I find it sweet that Kiddo was playing with her little baby boy and looking for his "family".:) I would love to have my own Kiddo since I am really good with kids. Love your stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: