You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa, Mema And My Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa, Mema And My Cousin

 

I have had very minor experiences with the paranormal. Once I was sleeping over my mothers new house and out of the blue there was a very strong scent of Lilies! I was going crazy because there were not any flowers in the house at all! Especially in the living room which is where I smelled them. The scent lingered for a while then it just disappeared. The smell simply vanished. It has happened to me twice so far. My mother seems to think it is my great grandfather because he had a ton of lilies at his funeral.

Another experience I have had, and I know this site is not for dream interpretation, but I have had two of my relatives come to me in my dreams and they were very real! One was my Mema shortly after she passed. My family is very big into horse racing and betting. She told me to bet on some horse but I could not recall the name the next morning. I wish I did because she was trying to tell us something and it was probably the winning horse.

Another dream I had was of my cousin whom I was very close with that died unexpectedly and very young from a drug overdose. It was very hard on my family. He told me that he was ok and I can stop worrying about him. Before this dream I used to try to talk to him and told him I just wanted to know if he was ok and if God is taking care of him. I guess I got my answer.

Sometimes I get very cold on one side of my body or on my legs out of the blue. And sometimes I get this feeling on my right shoulder blade as if someone is leaning or pressing on me. It's annoying because I do not know what is causing this. Could it be a spirit? My cousin perhaps?

Other hauntings by faith17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, faith17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Isandhu,
Thank you for your information. My Mema might have moved on but I know that my cousin is still around. He has visited a few of my family members. More specifically his sister who has a 6 year old son. He can see him and yet he never met him. He wasn't born until after my cousin died. Thank you again for your info. I will definitely try to contact someone.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
I did not realize it had been such a long time since you'd had a dream. I see you are in Connecticut. If you look under "Directories" on this site, you will find listings for 8 paranormal research organizations in your state. You might try contacting one of them for a referral to a reputable medium who could assist you. However, it may be your loved ones have moved on to wherever it is we're supposed to go. Rest assured they will greet you when it's your time to join them.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
bluerose,
Sorry. Sometimes it can be hard to understand feeling through text. 😊

Miracles,
Yes I do believe that I so want an experience to happen to me that I do tend to read into every little sensation. Maybe I should just relax and let it come to me. If it doesn't than I guess it was never meant to happen. Thank you all for your advice! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
faith - sometimes when we want to see/hear signs of a spirit, we can read signs into everything. Just like people who think their house is haunted: every bump or noise is a ghost when really it can be just about anything... Except maybe a ghost.

I'm not saying I think you do or do not have a ghost/spirit in your home trying to make contact with you. What I am saying is sometimes our mind can convince of us things we want to see and hear. Isandhu and Bluerose have given you good advice. Always rule out the normal before assuming it is paranormal.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Definitely NOT faith17...!...What made you think like that that you sounded rude to me?... 😲

No worries dear! 😊
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
bluerose,
Hope I didn't offend. I hope I didn't come of across as rude.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Okay...Okay! Thanks for your clarifications...Hmmmmm... 😐
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
bluerose,
Thanks. I know I said "once" in my story and I apologize because it actually happened twice. On another occasion. In the same location. I should have mentioned this detail. And I know it couldn't have been incense considering my mom's neighbors are too far away and seperated by wooded areas. Also it did not have a smoky smell more like a fresh cut flower smell. My mom has smelled it before too. As for the neurological explanation. I am disappointed because I was really hoping that was a sure sign of a spirit. 😢
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
The sensations on your shoulder/body might be neurological as Isandhu has commented. Your dreams were quite meaningful, I totally have faith in them. About the scent of lilies part,ummm...you have mentioned that it took place 'once',so,just a possibility- Could it have been that some lily-scented incense sticks were burned nearby/in the neighborhood?
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Actually I haven't had a dream about them in many years. I wish to communicate because I miss them so much and just want to know if I really do have a guardian angel. Thanks for the suggestion of seeing a doctor that might be a good idea. 😊
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Doesn't sound like you need help communicating with your family. You seem to be communicating with each other quite well through your dreams, although it's a shame you didn't remember the name of Mema's horse. I would rest easy knowing Mema and your cousin doing just fine. Some mediums do say our loved ones stay close to us, and so it could well be that your cousin is with you still. On the other hand, the symptoms you describe could also be neurological. If you've got good health coverage, you might want to run your symptoms by your doctor and see if there is a medical cause for this localized coldness and the pressing sensation in your shoulder.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Also if anyone is or knows of a medium that could help me communicate with my family on the other side I am interested.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: