You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Doors Upstairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Doors Upstairs

 

My ghost story started a few days ago. I was home alone and nobody was going to be home until 6:00 pm later that day (this happened at about 4:30). Anyway I was sitting downstairs in the kitchen with my dog. I was making a sandwich when I heard one of the doors moving upstairs. I thought it was the wind and continued.

About 10 minutes later I heard the door moving again so I decided to go upstairs and shut the window; however, when I got up there all of the windows were closed. At that moment I panicked and thought someone was in the house so I began creeping around looking in all the rooms. I couldn't find anyone, but I was curious on why the door had been moving.

When we first moved into the house we thought it was haunted as there was always this one room upstairs that was always cold at all times of the year.

At that moment I started panicking even more thinking that the house was haunted, then I swear I saw the silhouette of a woman standing in one of the doorways. I quickly ran downstairs to the kitchen and put the lead on the dog. I went out the back way and took the dog out. Nobody was in when I got back but I had forgotten all about the door, until I was laying on my bed about to drift off when I heard what sounded like saucepan lids being smashed together. I panicked again but quickly calmed down again and fell asleep.

I haven't told anyone about this story so you will be the first to know. I don't know what to do about it. I haven't heard or seen anything since this happened but the cold room seems to have got colder than usual.

Feel free to comment.

Jake.O

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JakeO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Audrone (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Hi Jake,

Wow, did anyone else hear the saucepans? Did you tell your parents? If not, you should. Perhaps they have heard or seen things too.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
I don't think a rational explanation can be ruled out yet based on the information provided. By the time you saw the silhouette you admit you were already in panic mode and thinking about haunting, so I don't think you can trust your senses at that point. If something else happens, try to approach it rationally and not let your fear get the better of you. Personally, even if it is a ghost, I don't believe spirits can harm us unless we let them. FYI, this is big talk from me, an admitted scaredy-cat! Do as I say, not as I do:)
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Jake.O
Try first to de bunk all the possible reasons as to why the door could or would be moving.
Leave the windows open and see how much movement the doors make with them open as opposed to closed.
Lids in the kitchen that you heard, could easily of been not put on properly and slipped and made the sound, could of been mice/rat/cat...

Try figure out possible and logical explanations for these sounds before jumping to paranormal happenings... I am not saying it isn't but it might not be.

Keep us Posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: