You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Saw A Man Who Died Before I Saw Him

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw A Man Who Died Before I Saw Him

 

My name is Sujon, I live in United States right now. My story is about 7 years old.

When I was in my country Bangladesh I used to do salat everyday 5 times. One night after midnight my mom woke me up to do fajar salat. She thought its already 4:00 am and I am going to miss the salat so ran to the bathroom and did my Ozu (wash our body parts before we do the salat). When I left for the mosque I suddenly saw one of my grandpa is coming out of his house and he walked near me. When I saw him smoking and a Tupi was in his right pocket of his kurta. I said Assalamualaikum he didn't answer I was little frustrated and looked at him.

When we came to the mosque I saw no one at the mosque and the gate is closed and I looked at my watch its only 3:45. I already did Ozu so I don't have to do it. While I was waiting for imam to come and do the azan, my grandpa went to the bathroom. And I was waiting for 10 minutes then suddenly I thought that grandpa is taking too much time to do Ozu. When I went to the bathroom area I saw all the bathrooms are closed. And I got scared when I saw that all of them are locked from outside. I was really scared that time. I got a mini heart attack.

When I was about to leave because no one came suddenly one of my neighbor uncle came to the gate and said why did you came so early? I said my mom woke me up she didn't know that it's so early. Then he told me to wait until he do the azan. And my grandpa, I didn't saw him in salat. We were only 10 people doing salat.

After the salat I went home and I got very sick. I was throwing up and had a 102 degree fever which was first time for me. Then my dad called our local doctor. He came and checked me and said don't worry everything will be fine. He asked my mom if I was scared of anything. She asked me, I said yes I was scared a little when I went to the mosque. The doctor said, "I know what happened, it's alright. Everything is going to be fine."

I didn't tell anyone about grandpa whom I saw in the mosque. But later I told my mom about that and she said its impossible this can't happen because the guy (grandpa) that was in the mosque with me died 1 day ago in his father-in-law's house. And that scared me a lot.

I said nothing to no one after that day and I went to my grandpa's house and saw his wife is crying and I saw his Tupi hanging in the wall next to his kurta.

That day freaked me a lot. From that day I never saw any ghost or jene again. I have many more stories about my own grandma and my cousins which I'll tell you guys later. ĘÑJØŸ

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sujon93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Matrix (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
ohh I am from Sylhet, Bangladesh now... This story is very common to us... Meet me http://www.facebook.com/naeem.sharker.5
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Hi in Indian,Pakistan,Bangladesh etc any old person is called grandpa and that's what the poster meant it got nothing to do with his blood relationship
aimen (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
Thanx for sharing the story... Looking forward to more of your's:)
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
Whoa man, that experience would have been scary. Any ways thanks for sharing mate. Great story. Keep them coming. Cheers. 😁
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Dear zzsgranny,
Pleased to help you 😁
At least one thing I could help with on this site 😊 otherwise I consider myself a novice among you people 😐

Thanks
Regards
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Ari: Thank you for the clarification! 😊...I thought that was the case, at least, that's how I read it 😆...
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
I am sorry, but the answer to your other query can only be answered by Sujon, zzsgranny 😐
The only other thing that I might suggest that this person might also be a brother or cousin to his paternal or maternal Grandfather or Grandmother. That way he also qualifies to be his Grandpa.

Lost in translation eh 😉
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Dear zzsgranny,
No one better than me here to solve this riddle since Sujon is not here.
Sujon is from Bangladesh. In his culture, an elderly male might be addressed or referred to as a Grandpa, esp if that person is nearer in age to his own paternal or maternal Grandfather. This is out of respect.

Happy to help 😁
Regards
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Sujon: I'm afraid I'm a little confused... Is the term "grandpa" used in your culture for any older male, or was this actually your blood relative?...I wonder because I think if he was your grandpa, you would have known about his passing already... Maybe not...

Anyway, I think it's possible that this may have been residual in nature... Had this person often attended salat at this time of day with you?...
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Dear Sujon,
Salam Alaykum bhaaijaan.
Kyamon aacen aapni?

Since I am from India, I am the closest of kin you got here 😜 until one from Bangladesh comes along to comment.

Congratulations on your first story here. Nicely written too.
Since I am not an experienced person in this field, I will give you no advice. Esteemed friends on this site shall eventually provide you with suggestions and explanations as they read. Please wait for it 😊

Though, I might provide a rational point of view if you permit.

Thanks for sharing...
Regards
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Dear Sujon,

This seems a sad, scary but also happy account.

It is very sad you lost your Grandfather, and that you became so ill after seeing him ~ which would have scared me too!

But I think that having seen him when you did he was showing you respect and maybe wanting to say good-bye somehow. It's too bad that he didn't say anything to you, maybe he was not able to. He must have loved you if he singled you out like that?

I hope I have not offended you, I am very ignorant of your culture (I had to look up many things). Thank you for sharing and glad you were not harmed. Please DO share the accounts from your other family members.

Kindest regards,
Sue 😊
maleena84 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
That's crazy... But at least you got to see him one last time!:)
folly (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Thank you for sharing your story with us, I think your grandpa wanted to say goodbuy to you. Please send more stories. Greetings from South Africa 😁
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Wow, Sujon.

That had to be scary to hear he died the day before, but also heartbreaking to know you lost your grandpa.

But, at the same time, I bet you were comforted to know that he still attended salat with you!

This would cause a lot of mixed emotions. I'm sorry you got a fever and vomited, though. Had to be very stressful for you.

Thank you for sharing!

LW

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: