You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Objects Are Disappearing

Real Ghost Stories

Objects Are Disappearing

 

My girlfriend and I decided to move in together after several months of dating in an apartment building on the 1st floor. As soon as we slept in the first night we found the apartment very relaxing and peaceful as we had already been experiencing poltergeist activity in my girlfriend's previous apartment.

The place was just abnormally quite for a town that is known for loud parties. Personally, I never believed that this place was haunted and I really didn't believe in ghosts until the experiences started to occur on a frequent basis.

The first thing that I started to notice was that objects started to disappear. I specifically remember putting down my debit card on the top of my desk with some sludge change and my other cards and when I woke up the next morning my debit card was nowhere to be found. It wasn't on the floor, in another room, in another bag; we looked for several hours and could not find it. My girlfriend and I gave up and thought that I might have just dropped it somewhere, which could be a logical explanation.

Out of nowhere we noticed a second thing had gone missing (my gf's headset) which she needed for work as we work for customer service over the phone! We let it go for a second time and thought yet again it might be somewhere else.

Unfortunately this was only the beginning. The activity that revolved in our apartment seemed to be revolving around stealing some of my identification cards or certificates. My girlfriend and I wanted to buy a new couch but we needed to have a credit check with two pieces of ID so we decided that we could grab my birth certificate, yet again this was nowhere to be found when we specifically remember putting it somewhere very safe. We decided that we could always use my passport as an identification purpose but when we looked for it was also gone.

At this point, me and my girlfriend did not know what to think because we had just seen my passport on the desk and we ensured we would not lose it like all the previous objects, yet again we looked for 45 minutes and couldn't find it. We looked in one of our desks, the first time we looked it wasn't there and when we looked the second time it was perfectly placed in the middle of the drawer. I instantly took it and as I took it I realized that it was very cold, as if a spirit had actually taken it and placed in the drawer where it would be safe. The strange part is that none of us actually moved the passport as we were both sitting in our living room.

We have experienced things such as feeling spider webs in our hair when there is nothing; abnormal splashing sounds in the windows when it's not raining and we were in the middle of summer; strange orbs floating around; cellphone alarms going on and off when the batteries are pulled out and the alarms are turned OFF.

Welcome to the new apartment...

By the way, it's only been 1 month we have moved in! Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gabs781, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
While it seems annoying, it also see4ms harmless. As was suggested, the spider web feeling is normal in house with activity. Unless something happens to make you afraid, you're stuck with it unless you decide to ask it to leave. But as I said, it seems more annoying then anything else.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Gabs I am WhiteWolfs mother. I am psychic/sensitive and when my husband and I were buying our first house I we bought the one I got the best "vibe" from. My daughter was only a few months old when we moved in. All was quiet for the first 4 or 5 years. My grandfather died in March of 1990. Before he died he made me promise to take care of my grandmother. I would call her at least once a week to see how she was doing and visited her at least once a month. Which is way more than my brother, 3 sisters, or my 3 cousins did. If I didn't call my grandmother by Thursday evening on Friday I would put something down turn around to do something for my daughter or son (who was 10 months old when my grandfather died). I would go back to where I put the object was and it was gone. I would say okay grandpa thanks for the reminder. I would call my grandmother and as I was talking to her I would find the object where I put it but it was at a different angle than I put it down or a few inches away from where I know I put it. My father in law died in December of '92. He used to kid around with me when he was alive so the missing object "game" picked up to almost a daily basis. By this time I had 3 kids 5 and under so at times I had to check to see if one of them had it. Then I would say okay time to put it back and within 15 minutes it would return to where I had put it. The object was usually my keys or a lighter but one time it was a bottle of baby tylenol so I was frantic and almost as soon as I asked for it back it returned a few inches from where I put it down. We moved into another house a week before Christmas of '98. I had lost my engagement ring quite awhile before and was upset that it would be left behind. My husband found it in a drawer both of us had emptied looking for it several times. I thanked both my grandfather and father in law for putting it there so I would have it.
We will be in this house for 14 years next month. We have a little girl and little boy ghosts. The boy seems to be interrested in my son and his things so I think he is the one taking and putting things back. I have some things that come and go sometimes but not that often anymore. I do find things scattered when I am using my Cricut machine but I don't mind.
I do have to do a prayer and then tell ALL spirits to leave the house when I feel a malevolent spirit and tell them to stay out of the house and off of my property. But the little girl and boy come back after awhile. I think they feel safe here because I know they were murdered by their father, they showed me this in a dream.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
gabs, my opinion is that whatever is in the apartment is probably nothing to worry about. Annoying, but not dangerous.
Asking to have the items returned is a good idea, but be as polite about it as possible. I know that being polite may be tough since your housemate is taking stuff you actually need, and that's really irritating, but try. Also, time seems to run differently for them. It may take an hour or a day to get your stuff back even after asking.
Another thing I would suggest, when you get the feelings of cobwebs in your hair, see an orb, whatever, say hi. Acknowledge it. That may content your housemate that you're aware of him and he may be less inclined to annoy you by taking your things.
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
Whitewolf, too bad, would still find it interesting to see. Thanks for your reply.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
[at] Isolde,

I have had the same problem as the author of this story and I have to say the objects seem to disappear from our realm. I have placed something down and looked away for a minuet and it would be gone I have turned my home looking for the item and would not find it anywhere but when I ask the spirit to put the item back it turns up right where it had been 😁.

Whitewolf,
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Mmmm... Just wondering, where would these objects go? Would the spirit have some kind of pile somewhere in the house? They must be somewhere?
What would it have collected over the years? You're probably not the first 'victims'... Would be very interesting. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
triden07,

Completely understood. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have... Either here or even via e-mail (my e-mail is listed on my profile).

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
[at]Rook
I ask this just as a safeguard against entities like the dark one who was there a few weeks ago. I do not feel any need to drive out the little boy, he really is no bother, and charles and gran passed on and came back as protection for us. So I am basically gathering intel, just in case that sneaky bugger shows up again. I want to make sure that there is something I can do, without forcing anyone else from the house.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
triden07,

It would depend on just 'what you are doing' and the 'nature' of the spirit you refer to. If you are 'chasing out' and shielding against negative/malevolent spirits/energy and all 3 of the spirits you refer to are 'positive/benevolent' then all it may do for the 'one' you mention is show them the way to 'cross over', it will not 'harm' them in any way. It may even have no effect on them at all.

The choice is yours... Just note that if you do anything it may take 'more than one application' to have any effect. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
[AT]Rook
No I'm very clear on what you said. 2 have crossed over and come back, one is bound to the land. So it would force one out. In other words, not an avenue I would be pursuing just yet.

Thanks very much for your help
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
triden07,

If any of these '3 spirits' have not crossed over then ANY method you use may cause them to 'cross over'.

If however they are spirits that have 'returned'...spirits that 'crossed over' and have made the choice to return and interact with us here in the physical realm... Then it should not affect them.

The method effects negative/malevolent spirits as it effects the atmosphere within the home... They say 'like attracts like' so any negative/malevolent 'thrive' in a 'negative' environment which my method works towards 'changing out'. In the process of 'changing out' the negative for positive any spirits that have not crossed over may find their way 'home'. (I hope that makes sense... My brain is a bit foggy... It seems I'm fighting off a cold)

Respectfully,

Rook
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
[at]Rook
Since I have three spirits in my home, that I am comfortable with, if I take oil and salve my window- and doorframes, to keep bad things out like the teenage boy who had me all tied up in knots, will salving drive away the good ones too? This is something I want to prevent.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Whitewolf makes a good point, this may be a benevolent spirit just trying to get your attention and by asking politely you may find that things get put back, however there is a chance that this spirit may be malevolent in nature... Moving objects is not enough evidence to make a 'call' either way...

Try this,

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
I have had this problem in my home for many years all I have to say is that you should tell the spirit to put the item's back where they had been found this has worked for me and my family and the items always return. Be careful because the spirit with the energy to manipulate objects can be malevolent.

The feeling of spider webs is ectoplasm spirits leave it behind when they manifest, It seems that this spirit has a lot of energy like I said be careful with this spirit be respectful when you ask it to place the item back or if you plan to tell it to leave.

Whitewolf

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: