You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: While Growing Up

Real Ghost Stories

While Growing Up

 

I have lived off and on in the house I live in now, for the last 35 years. I have had indents on my bed with no one there making it; I hear the back door open and shut while I'm in the bathroom.

I (now) hear dog toe nails clicking on the kitchen floor and my last dog died about a year ago.

My mother told me once (about 20 years ago) that she was washing dishes, and she heard (what she thought was one of us) running through the house (we live in a shot gun house) and then run back, only she was looking when the sound was running back and no one was there.

I use to cut the neighbours yards and fields. One day I was cutting the field about 2 houses down from ours and I saw a lady that I also cut her yard from a different street go down the alley and in our back door. I turned the mower off and went to see if it was me she wanted because she didn't act like she saw me cutting the yard and my mom thought I had lost my mind, no one came in our back door. I found out about a week later that the lady had died, and was dead when I saw her go in the back door.

Our furnace use to be in my room next to the door, and you could see the flames on the wall. I could see shadows like someone walked in front and blocked the flames from the wall.

I got my grandmothers bed room furniture when she died. One of the pieces had a big make up mirror. One night my dog woke me up barking like crazy. I looked around to see what in the world was going on and that mirror was glowing red with a dark figure in the middle. I flew out of there (I was 14) and woke my mom up and made her get that mirror out of my room. To this day I will not have a mirror anywhere in the house except in the bathroom and I kept that mirror but keep it covered in the closet because I don't want anyone to see something like that and I am too scared to break it or put it in the trash.

While Growing Up 1
While Growing Up 2
While Growing Up 3
While Growing Up 4
Β 
While Growing Up 5
While Growing Up 6
While Growing Up 7
While Growing Up 8
Β 

I got a motion sensor camera like the ones that hunters use. I've had the camera about 2 years now. I just wanted to see what goes on in the yard at night. I still live at the same house by the way. On one night I got a man in 2 different photos (you can totally see through him) and he only moves about a foot in 2 minutes according to the time stamp at the bottom. I have it set to go off every 30 sec if anything is in front of it. There is no other thing in the photo that could have set the camera off. I have a see through woman on one photo a couple of days later. I set the camera on our front porch and I got some weird things on it from there also. This is not all my stories but I don't want to keep going on and on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tcfitzgerald, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
tcfitzgerald,

Do you think it's a violent spirit? I mean, does it try to harm you? Do you feel anything like negative energy or vibes? Ask your mother the same. If so, then maybe you'll have to move or get the house blessed (just suggesting)

Take care
Rockangel13
tcfitzgerald (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Rockangle I don't know what they want or why they come in the house. My mother is talking about an orange light that keeps bothering her and someone keep touching my feet at night. My feet are under the covers and what ever it is, is like pushing just enough for me to feel it, and the bed keeps moving like some one is getting in with me. I ever feel anything on me and that's when they can have the house.
tcfitzgerald (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days so here goes answers to everyone's questions. Mamachong, I didn't get anyones permission to take picures of them. I got a game or trail camera and just put it in the yard to play with it. I was expecting birds or squirrels, not what I got. Rockangle13, My trail camera did that great job. I have took creepy photos with my phone but again I wasn't trying to, it just happened. I have one of my little girl by my car and you can see an alien face around her legs. That was done in the daytime, with the sun shining. Zeta sorry but the mirror will never be unwrapped and the dressor has been painted. The mirror stays in the closet wrapped. I never thought it was my grandmother even though she did hate me. Geetha it was oh cool on the photos, like I said earlier I was just paying with the camera and got all those photo's. I have gotten more but every time I try to put them on this site, it says its closed. I love hearing from you all. And my photos are legit.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Your story is pretty interesting. I love that you attached the pictures also. I do see what you described. It was must have being really freaky to see something like that in your mirror. Got a question for you. I don't know if you answered it already or someone asked the question. But did any of the ghost you interacted (for a lack of a better of work) with, ever process a threat to you or was it just like "oh, this happened, so cool"?
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Wow...love the story and love the pictures. I disagree with some of the other posters... I can really see an entity and you can see right through it. To me, these photo's are legit! Can't wait to see more from you as well as more pictures if you have.

As far as the mirror of your grandma's...I don't think the red glowing figure was that of your grandmas. That scared you and I don't think that most grandma's want to scare their grandchildren. However; the dresser and mirror could be hundreds of years old and could have come from someone else before your grandma. I had an old dresser and mirror it was very very old. Creepy too... Unfortunately it got lost in a flood.

Any chance you can post a picture of the dresser?

Thanks, zeta.
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Wow, did you really take the photos that came along with the story? If yes, You're an excellent photographer!
And your story was creepy. Do you know what exactly those ghosts want, or why they come in your house?
tcfitzgerald (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
bluerose19 my story wasn't published again. I got an email about my pictures slipping through some cracks and that getting put with my story was better late than never. And to let you know about my neighborhood miracles15031, there are a lot of people all over the place here and some of the photo's may be of the person moving to fast, but the 2 photo's of the man with him only moving 1 foot in 2 minutes that is a little spooky to me. He looks like my stepdad that died about 15 years ago. I photo's of a ground hog tearing up my yard and he is not blurry, and all are from the same camera.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
Bluerose - no problem 😊 I was confused a time or two about that same thing myself πŸ˜‰ This one I just remembered because I was part of the original conversations LOL
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I see... 😊...Okay.I didn't know that. Thank you for the clarification Miracles.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
tcfitzgerald - Carol, glad to see your pictures made it 😊 To me, and I have to admit I'm horrible when it comes to evidence in pictures, but to me it does appear as if there is "something" there. I've never seen what a living person looks like on a motion sensor camera like you've used, so I can't make a comparison, but I'm convinced someone (whether or not they are non-living is the question) was outside.

The blur could be from someone "rushing" or just moving quickly, like bending or turning. Pictures taken on my digital camera turn out like that. Can you be sure there wasn't a living person walking around your home at night? I'm not questioning the validity of your story, just don't know your neighborhood.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
Bluerose - from the earlier comments, I'm guessing the pictures weren't included with the first submission and members requested the o/p provide them. When that happens, the story gets brought back so the pictures can be seen.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I don't understand why this story is on publish 'AGAIN'...? 😲
Was there a request from the writer's side to do so?
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Ok, a few questions. Is that your neighbors house? You had permission to take a picture of the house, and from someone else's yard? I suppose I'm slightly confused about that part.

Also, I am a little skeptical of the pictures. It just looks like you took a picture of someone walking and the camera made it blurry. The person in the window is creepy though.
tcfitzgerald (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-18)
I finally got my photos in my story doesn't anyone want to see them and comment?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
tcfitzgerald - and btw, it wasn't stupid LOL πŸ˜‰ I think "stupid" is assuming you know everything. Just my own interpretation of stupid πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
tcfitzgerald - thank you, Carol 😊 When you submitted your story, did you mention you had photos? If so, I'm going to guess they got missed 😒

What I suggest, if you want to do this, is contact the administrator of the site either by the home page or the contact link at the top of the page. Either will take you there. Explain that you had pictures that went with your story.
tcfitzgerald (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
At the risk of sounding stupid, where would I find the photos I sent. Sorry I,m new to this and I do not know. To miracles. I am.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
tcfitzgerald - and to help you out with those questions, who is "Carol?" πŸ˜•
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
tcfitzgerald - you don't have to change your "participation" choice now. All you really have to do is participate 😊 So, if there are questions in the comments, I'd start there 😊
tcfitzgerald (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
To everyone who read my stories, its just like faith17 said, I hit the wrong button. Sorry 😐
tcfitzgerald (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
I want to participate with you all on my stories, but I just hit the wrong button, and I can't figure out how to change it. Sorry Carol 😒
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
I really hope we get to see those pics from the camera? 😁 505050

This comment from spectravondergeist is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Dear friends,
Sorry for the late reply. I was really looking for words to put down my thoughts here...

When a person decides not to participate in a discussion even though he/she posted a story, it all becomes so impersonal! Then why take out time and indulge our senses when you won't even interact with us!
For me, as and when this occurs, personally, the story loses a little credibility, although it might be very true.
I still feel I have not expressed well enough...
I am sorry if you guys do not agree. This is just personal 😐

Regards
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Miracles,
Agreed. I didn't mean it in that way either. They are still interesting to read regardless. Sorry for misunderstanding. It's more interesting if you do have questions for the o/p and they interact.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
faith - I believe you misunderstood what I meant by my comment. I didn't mean I don't think the stories shouldn't be allowed. I said, "I've often had that same thought about these stories not being allowed on here" but I explained why I also believe it is a good idea that the stories are shared here. Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough. πŸ˜•

At first I didn't think the stories should be permitted if the o/p wasn't going to participate, but now I don't feel that way. Just because someone chooses not to participate in the discussions doesn't mean their story isn't worth reading or worthy of being on this site. It also doesn't mean it isn't any more real than someone who participates in the discussions.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
I don't understand either. Why even share your experience if you don't want to talk about it. I agree with Miracles that the stories should not be allowed or simply there shouldn't even be an option. If they choose to partitcipate that's up to them but it shouldn't be known to the commentors if they will or will not. Also maybe they clicked too fast and didn't really read the option thoroughly. They saw "I will read the comments..." 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Yep, and it's not exactly something people look at when reading a story or the comments LOL.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Miracles: I can understand that, the message about the willingness of the o/p to participate is easy to overlook, it is written in very small words... I didn't even notice it at first... 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Isolde - there have been many stories where comments have gone on forever before we've realized the o/p has elected not to participate in the discussion πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: