You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Red Man Following My Family

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Man Following My Family

 

I wrote about a year ago about a visit from my father that completely blew my mind. Since then, my house has been a chaotic mess. My two older children whose bedrooms were upstairs have now moved downstairs to share a room with my 3 year old twins. For a 15 year old girl to CHOOSE to share a room with three boys tells me that something crazy is going on upstairs.

About 9 months ago, I was getting ready for work, my husband and children had left to go to school. My daughter had taken the hairdryer to her room, so I was going upstairs to get it. I opened the door to the upstairs, and as I walked up the stairs I smelt an odour like nothing I had ever smelt. It was almost metallic, but not quite. It was very pungent. I thought to myself that I needed to tell my daughter to get rid of that particular brand of incense.

When I walked into her room, standing by the window was a tall "thing". It was taller than her windows, dressed in what looked like a black cloak, and it turned around when I screamed. I could not move, and it just looked at me. It wasn't a malevolent look; it was more of a blank look. The scariest part was that it was a shiny red colour, no hair. I ran, left the house and went to work without drying my hair at all. The scary part of this is that since my daughter was 2 years old she has talked about "the red man" who scares her. She would cry in her bed at night because she said he was looking in her window. I brushed it off then, and she stopped talking about him after her grandmother passed away a year later.

When she was 8, my husband and I were getting divorced, and she started talking about him again. She wasn't just talking about him, though she said there were several spirits who lived in her room (a completely different house in a different part of the state). She said her grandmother and my father were there, and they tried to protect us from "the red man". There was a boy who was about her ago who had a skateboard, and he was mean. She said "the red man" followed ME around and made all of the bad things that happen to me happen, and then he went away for a while. She talked about a time that she and I were driving on the interstate and a van ran us off the road. Our car almost flipped. She said that when she looked at the van "the red man" was driving and her grandmother was in the backseat of our car with her protecting us. Obviously this scared me. She eventually stopped talking about him, and hasn't mentioned him since. I didn't tell her what I saw in her bedroom that day, but she knew and asked me about it.

Her room seems to be a hotbed of activity now. Her things get moved around (even while she is in the room, and it has been witnessed by her friends). She was gone for a week this summer, and left her room clean. No one went upstairs while she was gone, and when she came home her room was trashed. Clothes were all over the floor, two posters were off of the wall. My husband is home during the day, and he says he hears things moving around up there all day, footsteps going up and down the stairs. We had to get rid of our dog because he was constantly barking at the door. My children will go upstairs in the daylight, but not after dark. I will not set foot up there at all. My kitchen is the room I fear at night. I can feel someone there, but when I turn on the light nothing is there.

I'm afraid to do much more than pray in the house because if my father really is there, I don't want him to leave me. I don't think it's the house. I think it's us, or at least my daughter. She has never been afraid up until recently, and I'm not sure what to do with it. She thinks she is "crazy". She spent a week inpatient at a psychiatric hospital due to a psychotic episode and suicidal thoughts. She was hearing voices. She heard people calling her name constantly.

I'm starting to think that she wasn't psychotic, but hearing spirits who were trying to communicate with her. Even her psychiatrist doesn't think this is schizophrenia. She wasn't medicated before she started hearing it, and even now on medication she hears it. Since then, she has become very involved in our church youth group and her moods have improved dramatically. The voices remain.

I don't know what I'm looking for. Maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about as far as "the red man" goes. Could he be a demon? Could we get rid of him and leave whoever else is with us alone? We are Christians, and we believe that a demon cannot possess a heart that Jesus inhabits, so I don't believe we are possessed. Maybe he's just waiting for us to waiver?

Other hauntings by buttercup4

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buttercup4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mal3f1c3nt (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-16)
Buttercup4 if you still get these, did it ever go away? Did you make it? My daughter has talked of a red man since she was 2. From 2-4 she'd talk about it and now she is dreaming of him again. She's 9 now. She said the red man would take her away in the woods. Please help if you can. I do think she might be slightly tuned into the other side. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
buttercup4 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Triden- I just sent you an email. Thanks!

Shlain- I will absolutely try the salt today.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
This could be a poltergeist indeed. As you said, your daughter is under stress - as all teens are - and this could be creating or attracting this energy. If this is happening to her even while on medication then she could possibly be a 'medium in the making' herself. She could have this incredibly gift that unfortunately now feels like a curse as she doesn't know how to deal with it yet.

You could try the salt technique: pour salt in the corners of her room and over the threshold of her door. Yes its messy, but it worked for me when I was her age and was going through a horrible time with spirits.

Also, don't you think there might be a portal in your house somewhere?

Thanks for sharing love.

PS: I don't think eating meat has anything to do with it 😉
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
buttercup4
I read your story and feel very strongly compelled to help you. My friend Tim is a medium. I can relate your story to him, and he might be able to tell you what this thing is. When the dark entitiy entered my house in October he was miles away from me but could tell me exactly what it was and what it wanted. We are in South Africa so it's a long ways away from you guys, no fear of this thing lashing out because the medium will not physically be in your house.

Drop me an e-mail if you feel comfortable with my suggestion.

I pray you and yours (especially feel compelled to help as I have twin boys too) are safe.
Triden
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Okay, um...

TheJokesonu, are you Marvis?

Just curious, cause I saw Marvis became a (Guest) and had a very unique posting style, and yours seems extremely similar to that.

Buttercup: It sounds to me like you have an upset poltergeist, from what I understand of it. I sure hope Rook sees this one, he has an awesome method to cleanse a house of unwanted visitors from the other side.
TheJokesonu (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
omg!
You are much troubled.
I think you need to pray more.
Can you stop using meat products?
Use fragnances incense sage as they repel bad things.
Evil entities are attracted by meat.
I will pray for you.
Don't skip medication
buttercup4 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Thanks for your suggestions.

The medication my daughter takes has helped her mood swings significantly. The voices come and go... She complains about it mostly when she's stressed with schoolwork and other things an overachieving 15 year old stresses about. I don't know if the voices are coming from her head, or if they're coming from this "thing". This isn't something that she or I want to bring up with her counselor. They might just lock us both up and throw away the key.

As far as the animals go, I can't have another dog in the house because our house is loud enough with four children, but a stray cat "adopted" our family, then had kittens about 2 weeks later. She nor her kittens like to go upstairs. An interesting new development though, my mom had a finch that she wanted to give away. I brought the finch home, and the cats liked it too much. I sent it to my daughter's room since there would be two doors separating it from the cats (and as I said, they won't go up there anyway). A week after the finch came to live with us it disappeared. The cage was not open, there was no sign of it anywhere. No feathers, no mess, no body.

I am hesitant to seek out a medium because I am afraid, but maybe that is the thing to do. I have no idea where to start looking. I don't want to cause any more trouble than we already have.
blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
Hello,
This thing seems to get upset if intruded on. It surely wants you to know it is there by causing a mess and making you fearful. Its not happy, it wants something. These voices your daughter hears are they coming from this thing? Animals are great at letting you know when spirits are around they will alert you. Even if you need to get a cat because they are less nosey, it will alert you if this thing is going into different parts of your house. But if this thing gets mad it can attack the animals. I would certainly have a medium come to tell you what this thing is before you try to bind it. If its evil it will fight hard to stay and you could get hurt. Seek a median that knows their stuff and can help you from there.
Keep us posted.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Hi I have just read your stories... I loved the one where you spoke to your Dad... I lost mine 11 years ago and he has come to me and my daughter in dreams on a few occasions... Back to your story... Try Rooks cleansing as it will only rid the negative spirits. Take your daughter to a spiritualist church for advice and keep asking your Dad to remain close he will help get you through this...
😊
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
mmmmm...I don't know much about this type of stuff. But what I would do is to keep asking your daughter what she sees and hears. I would find a medium and see if the medium can help your daughter control whom she "lets in". If you believe the medicine is making your daughter worse then see if it safe for her to stop taking it. And I'm sorry you had to get rid of your dog, but maybe if you get another one he can help your family feel protected?
I hope I helped a little
❤ GIRLIE

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: