You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unexplained Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Experience

 

This is my first time writing here and I would just like to give you a little background about myself. I am 20 years old and was born and raised in the United States. I would visit my home country (Philippines) at least once or twice each year for as long as I can remember. After my parents retired, we sold our house and decided to move to the Philippines (I am only staying here for college, but I still go back to the States every year to visit my older sister and her family).

Personally, I love ghost stories or anything paranormal. I can say that I believe in spirits (for some reason the word "ghost" sounds disrespectful and a bit creepier to me). Ever since I was a kid, I recall seeing or feeling presences that would make me feel uneasy or smelling things like blown-out candle, but I wasn't really sure maybe it was my imagination as a kid. I have had a few experiences, but I never really fully convinced myself that it was for sure something paranormal.

1st experience: May 2009 (When I still lived in the U.S.) - It was dinner time and my dad was the only one eating at the table, while my younger cousins (5 and 8 years old) were sitting at their little SpongeBob table. I was up and about preparing my dad's food, while my mom was still in my room using the computer. At that time, I wasn't wearing any slippers so clearly I could tell whether the floor was wet or not. I was standing in front of the cup cabinet, and the moment I turned around and walked away from that spot I heard water splash. In that split second upon hearing the splash, I turned around and looked at the spot I just left. There was a puddle of water the size of a... Let's say a steering wheel. The weird thing is that it seems like the water came out of nowhere. Take note that I checked the sink and ceiling for any leakages, felt all the counters and walls, and all of them were dry. It occurred to me that water that had just been spilt should still been spreading, but the puddle on the floor was not moving, as if it had been there for a while and has already settled. There wasn't even a trail of water to show where or which direction it had come from, it was just in the middle of the floor. For a moment I thought it was my cousins or dad's doing, but they were in my sight the whole time, and they even blamed me saying "ooooh you spilled something". I also noticed that water wasn't clear, it was yellowish (I am sure that it was not urine). After cleaning the mess, I went to my room where my mom was, and explained the whole thing. My mom, who is usually sceptical about the paranormal, looked down at her calendar and then looked up and smiled at me and said, "Did you know today is your Lolo's (grandfather's) birthday?" That sent chills up my spine, but I am still unsure of what to think of it, was it really my grandpa? He passed away 17 years ago when I was about 3 years old, and I think he's at peace?

2nd experience: April 2011 (After moving to the Philippines) - It was 10pm and I was in my room sitting on the bed with my laptop. The door was only halfway open and I was facing away from it. My little dog who RARELY barks (he only barks when there are strangers) was next to me. It was quiet, until out of the blue, I hear a woman's voice gently calling me from the door saying, "Pssst... Becc". At first I thought that is was my mom, but then I remembered she was out of the country for that month. It wasn't our maid either, because when I checked on her she was fast asleep in her room downstairs. I would've been convinced that it was my imagination if my dog hadn't turned his head to the door, and barked upon hearing the voice. It proved that I wasn't the only one who heard it. I decided to shrug it off until I experienced something again a few days later.

I was in my room again, doing the same thing during the same time as the first experience, but this time my dog was not with me. For some reason I felt like someone was outside my room, so I turned to look at the doorway hoping it was the maid. After staring at the door for a few seconds, I saw someone in a white shirt pass by heading to my parent's room, which was next door. Whoever passed by wasn't walking too fast nor too slow, but at a normal pace. I only noticed the clothing because I didn't really care who it was, kind of like "seeing" but not really "looking". So I ignored it thinking it was just our maid bringing my dad a snack, but after a while, I realized that I never heard my parent's door open. Out of curiosity, I went to my parent's room to make sure of something. I asked my dad if he left his room at all that night, but he claimed that he never did. Then, I went to check on the maid and found her asleep in her room. I woke her up and asked if she passed by my room at all that night, and she also claimed that she didn't. Fear got the best of me, so I avoided going in my room at night (I rarely stay in my room in the first place, because I sleep in my parent's room to save on electricity for the air conditioning).

Occasionally, I would smell blown-out candle or water sprinkling on me while lying on my bed, a door with a double lock would just open when I look away for about 5 minutes. Surely I would've considered it a coincidence if it only happened once, but each time I experience something it just so happens to fall on a deceased persons birthday or death anniversary which I was unaware of, because I have never met them nor do I remember dates.

I have more experiences to share with everyone that I am still not sure what to think of, but I will save that for another time. Thank

You for your time

Other hauntings by iambec

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iambec, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
Hey Kaeri! I have totally forgotten about this site, but I'm glad I found it again. Another thing that I forgot to mention is that every time water sprinkles on me (it usually lands on my arm), I would always see 3 small dots of water positioned in a pyramid form. Someone told me that maybe it symbolizes the father, son, and holy spirit? That kind of makes sense I guess? 😲 I also found out that my aunt used to always experience the same thing after her mother (my grandmother) passed away about more than 20 years ago.
kaeri (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
Hi! I had the same experience getting sprinkled water on my face out of nowhere. Yes it may be true that maybe one of my deceased family member 's birthday but I'm just wondering why sprinkle water? Are they blessing me? Lol
justinwoo3112001 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
Well I think you should be happy becauase I commented on your thing. How old are you? Do you want to be friends? I am Jesse btw? Jesse Yu. So I am from england, I can tell you those people are just those relatives who just passed by, they want to tell you they are having peace so don't be freaked out 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: