You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Creepy Little Culdesac

Real Ghost Stories

Our Creepy Little Culdesac

 

My room mates and I have just moved into a brand new place - and it's kind of funny, because I almost expected it to be just like my last place. Calm, no weird happenings, etc. The one thing about my last place was that it wasn't really "homey" and this place is, it feels like home - we've all settled quite nicely into our separate rooms.

There's two of us girls upstairs, and the two boys downstairs. The first night we spent there, our fourth guy room mate was in Ontario and had not moved any of his things inside. Mikey on the other hand has the bedroom right below mine (which is the master bedroom). I am a sound sleeper unless my cell phone rings, and then I wake up within seconds. The other girl and I were sound asleep passed out in my bed, we were both exhausted, and I had the television on to kind of drown out any background noise from outside (there's an alleyway just behind our backyard and the cars going past along the gravel is pretty loud and annoying when you're trying to fall asleep, well, it is for me anyhow). Mikey was apparently the last to fall asleep. Our floors are EXTREMELY creaky, but the only time they creak is when there's pressure put in certain areas.

The next morning we woke up - and decided (because we're exciting hilarious fun girls) to go wake Mike up. He was kind of laying there just dozing and then asked us what the heck we were up to in the middle of the night. "It sounded like you two were creeping around up and down the hallways," we just looked at one another and disagreed with him. "Dude, we were sleeping..." Of course he didn't believe us at first, and then he sat up - "You're telling me I... Dude, this house is haunted isn't it?" We laughed it off.

We went out for a cigarette, the two of them were sitting in our side yard and I had forgotten my lighter. I went into my bedroom to grab it and behind me the door slammed shut. I immediately looked at the window... Not open. I looked at my fan, on - but on low, and pointing at the ground. I opened my bedroom door nice and slowly, propped it open with a giant stuffed yellow duck from my bed, and said "please don't do that again..." and went outside with a shocked look on my face.

I told the other two that my window was open, I don't need them freaking out just yet - and I hope nothing else happens. But I have a feeling that this isn't the end of it. My girlfriend who is living upstairs with me gets scared incredibly easily, and the last thing I need is for her to be crawling into bed with me having a bit of a freak out (because she does do that, and has been that way for the past 8 years, I'm like her big sister when it comes to her becoming paranoid about noises and what not) and Mikey and our other room mate are total skeptics. They'll laugh it off any day, but I think that creaking really got to Mike that night after realizing that we weren't awake at all. And there was no movement on the bed or near where the bed was, it was in the middle of my room and up and down the hallway. Geeeehhh...

I'll keep you posted. We just moved into this place last Wednesday, and so far these are the only two things that have happened. It's strangely comfortable there, like - I don't feel anything negative. I don't understand why my door would have slammed shut, though... There was no breeze, it was boiling hot - I had my window closed to keep the heat out, and my fan was definitely not on full blast - even if it was the thing looks like it was made in the 80's, it would probably fall apart.

Other hauntings by Lexiluca

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lexiluca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello Lexiluca, nice story, don't be surpirised many old dorms or apartments usually have that creepy vibe due to their long and possibly "colorful" history. It is possible a ghost could be haunting the halls and rooms, but in most cases I've heard it is not harmful at all, the entity possibly craves to be remembered or given attention as it had in life.

I hope you will solve the problem before it further escelates. Please keep me posted, if you don't mind.
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
boy they follow you everywhere huh? Good luck, and keep us posted! Thanks
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
hmmm... Not sure really keep a eye on things because at the minute I'm not really sure if its a good or bad spirit. Anyway if anything else happens please post it on here so we can observe. Good luck love, the melon lover

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: