You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Two Different Dogs

Real Ghost Stories

Two Different Dogs

 

This story is not my own but an experience that my mother, my grand aunt and my older cousin had experienced.

First let me describe our place at that time. We own more or less than 100 square meter of land (pretty large at that time and until now) that is used to be a part of a large farming area. We are fairly new in the area and just building our home from scratch (I'm 5 years old when we moved).

Our land is surrounded by fence made from corrugated iron sheets that are 7 feet high with a large steel gate in the front. (My parents are strict about safety as the area around our home is not safe and we don't have any nearby neighbors back then)

Our house is built at the right corner of our property with a lot of space to spare for our garden and a pond for our turtles. Behind our house, in the adjoining land of an absentee owner is a large, old Katuray tree (Corkwood tree). Why did I mention the tree? Because as long as I can remember that tree scares me a lot (It's a large, dark and creepy tree, believe me!) and even though parts of its large roots and trunk encroached in our property, my parents decided to left it out of our property and closed up the area near it. (My parents are also wary of the tree because of the superstition thing that it houses elementals, so out of respect they leave it alone)

So here is what they experienced back then.

It's a typical night and everyone is preparing to sleep when our large dog named Tootsie began to tear up the door, literally. My mom told us that our mild-mannered Tootsie starts clawing and biting our door trying to open it while whining and pacing around. They are very much concerned at that time because of two things; One, because our household at that time is only composed of two children (me and my little sister), my great aunt, my mom and an older cousin (all of us are female). Two, because we do not have any nearby neighbors where we could run for help if something bad happen.

So opening the door and checking whatever made our dog crazy is not an option. They stay inside and proceed to look out through the windows. Using flashlights my mom and my cousin crowded over our large window that overlook our gate and most of the front part of our place while my great aunt check the window in our kitchen where you can see the turtle pond as well as the back area.

And there in the corner near the pond and some steel drums, Great Aunt saw a large black dog. She describes it as large, black and has red eyes (Eyeshine is my first guess when they describe it but I'll never know). Great Aunt shouts bloody murder (as my cousin describes it) and all of them crowded over the kitchen window trying to look at it. Great Aunt shines her flashlight over the fence looking for the dog's possible entry point and when she get her light back to the dog it's gone.

Visibly shaken by the appearance and disappearance of the dog, they put salt in every entrance of our home (door and windows) and they even manage to throw some in the roof to ward off whatever it is that they saw.

That night we all slept in the same room. Our dog, Tootsie calms down after they are done putting salt around our home. My mom had to clean her lips as well because of the wounds she got from chomping our door.

The next morning they checked out the spot where they saw the dog and they found nothing unusual except a strong smell of rotting fish or meat. They then search for any possible hole in our fence but they found none. Up until now the appearance of that dog is still a mystery although neither my mom nor my great Aunt feel threatened when they saw the dog; they are just shocked and actually expecting the worst like someone breaking into our property but not a strange dog that didn't do anything except stare and make our dog crazy.

The only explanation that my mom had come up to is that we might unknowingly disturb some entities when we built our home or claimed our property although no harm has ever fall on your family during and after the encounter.

The Katuray tree was cut down by the owner of the adjacent property some years after the encounter but my mom told us that its roots are so extensive that the owner just cut down the trunk and most of the tree's visible part and left most of its roots undisturbed.

Other hauntings by ivory

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ivory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
hi Casper_the_ghost! Thank you for reading my experience. I'm only 5 years old when it happened but my mom and my great aunt did inspect our place the next morning.

Hahaha... I don't why I decided to include that tree but I will never forget that tree especially the stinky beetles that live in it.
As what I posted above they didn't find anything unusual and we got pet turtles so our fence are put together so that they can't escape and rats can't break in. What I mean is there is a half foot tall brick wall around our property where the coro sheets are attached into it. So I think its hard for any animals to dig under that low brick wall.
That experience is still a mystery to those who experienced it
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
This made me lol: Why did I mention the tree? Because as long as I can remember that tree scares me a lot (It's a large, dark and creepy tree, believe me!) 😆 Trees can be awfully scary, I'll agree with you there.

Where as this made me scared: Our land is surrounded by fence made from corrugated iron sheets that are 7 feet high with a large steel gate in the front

And,

There in the corner near the pond and some steel drums, Great Aunt saw a large black dog. She describes it as large, black and has red eyes.

I'd like to know how it got in aswell!. Other posters have said dogs can climb high, but wouldn't it of made an incredible amount of noise firstly, and wouldn't there of been markings where the dog had climbed? Maybe it dug itself in? Thinking of Homeward Bound right now 😳 Dogs are clever animals, you'd never know.

Ivory, have you inspected the surrounding area for any dips in the ground?

It disappeared fairly quick too. Strange. For once, I have no explanation 😕
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
hahahah... No problem BadJuuJuu.
I always look for logical and scientifical explanation before I pass it as paranormal too. I even try to re enact the sensation as well to made sure its not made by other means.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Hadn't really factored in the noise of the metal sheets lol. You have me there. It's just my nature to try to think up the most likely, non-ghostly possibility. It's also my nature to love being wrong about my non-ghostly possibilities. I think I'm wrong with this possibility, and that makes me 😁.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
thanks Nicholette, can you tell what your mother's experience? I would love to read it.

Thanks for reading my experience BadJuuJuu. I can take your logic, I have seen my dog scale a 5ft tall concrete tank but the thing is there is nothing that the dog could use to boost itself out of our backyard and if it did jump over it, there should be a lot of noise as coro sheets create a lot of it.
But who knows...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Creepy encounter.
But, some dogs are good at climbing. My mother-in-law's husky has climbed over a five foot fence several times. My pit mix took a running start at our oak tree and ran about 6 feet up the trunk. The tree does not lean by the way, she ran vertically. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't watched her do it. Scared the bejeezus out of me tbh, I thought she was going to make it up into the branches and I had no idea how to get a dog out of a tree. 😐
I think you just had a particularly athletic stray.
Nicholette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Dear ivory,

I got goosebumps when I read your story. My mother had the same experience too. She described the black dog excatly like the one your great aunt saw. Thanks for sharing your story.

Regards 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: