You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Facing Your Fears

Real Ghost Stories

Facing Your Fears

 

I submitted a story called Party gone wrong a while back and this is pretty well a follow to that. I was over at Cassie's house (where I spend most of my time) and her mom asked us to walk to the store, a short distance away, to pick up a few things for her. If we had taken the path by the old house we're so scared of it would have been maybe half a mile to walk, but we wouldn't walk past it.

We went a mile out of our way to keep distance between it and us. When we got back to her house her little brother told us that we should face our fears because we were the only two girls he knew that were scared of an old house. (We agreed that it was pathetic but it scared us THAT bad) Cassie and I told him we would go if he went with us to prove that we weren't crazy, so we went to the old house.

The minute we stepped in the feeling of being watched fell over me and Cassied gripped my arm. We heard someone walking around in the kitchen of the old house and I nearly turned and ran at that. Jason went into the kitchen and when he came back it was like someone was walking behind him. We could hear footsteps that were like someone wearing heavy boots. Cassie ran out of the house and I was right behind her and as soon as Jason heard what we heard, he was right on my heels. When we got onto the road we heard the sound of heavy boots again on the road behind us. (we were all wearing flip flops). Then we heard the sound of someone walking in the leaves beside us on the road.

When we got back to Cassie's it was dark and we locked the doors and satin the living room with her mom. (her dad was at work). The door knobs started shaking a lot and the windows were rattling. "It followed you home!" Mrs. Kell kept saying over and over. It finally stopped and we are even more scared than we were before. Now we're not allowed to go to the old house anymore. (Mrs. Kell banned that).

Other hauntings by Nikki

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nikki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
That sounds so very scary and creepy and I think that Mrs. Kell should at least give you the hundred dollars for each of you. 😉
creazyn (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
very good story it gave me the chills XD but I can't help you so ask someone else who is here. Oh and good luck
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Hiya Nikki, What a great story!

I was very scared, and do you know when someone said it followed you home?

Has anything else happened since then...

I would love to hear it!

Princess123
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
Hey Nikki, your story sure sounds scary but I do have doubts about it. It does happen but I was wandering what's the chance of having a ghost follow you home? I'm not assuming that you made this story up but are you sure that this really happened? It wasn't a dream or your imagination? I don't know, it could be real but I do have doubts well anyway, good luck and take care 😉
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
wow! I hope it never follows you again and I agree with mrs kell banning you from going there because that would be creepy! Because now if you keep hearing stuff in the house then I think you should never have listened to jason and said you wernt going back there. Anyway good luck love, the melon lover
Brian07891 (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
I can't believe it followed you home! I hope it doesn't mess with you guys anymore...
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-11)
Nikki,
sounds like you encountered a ghost that likes to follow people. Did anything happen since then? Did the ghost come in your house?

Ceary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: